Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If they're only geared to the tits, my advice is you poke their eyes out.

Its POSSIBLE to control a city tbh. Lets face it, you capture the AH, you've captured the city. Its all people care about. If people dont protect the AH, what will they protect?

This may be the single greatest idea ever. Next, let's take over their class trainers and destroy starter zones. No longer will they join the horde! Long live the alliance!!!!!!

I honestly dont know what your talking about. I have never had anyone gank the AH guy or anything similar to that and I have been playing for 3 years.

Guess I have just been lucky.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    this sounds a lot like when horde tried to block off alliance from queing for pvp way back in TBC, the gms just rolled in and knocked the horde away, some players even got banned for continually trying to do it i think. id hope within 6 hours gms would start killing off or at least pacifying any horde that steps into an AH room
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    I honestly dont know what your talking about. I have never had anyone gank the AH guy or anything similar to that and I have been playing for 3 years.

Guess I have just been lucky.
    then you have missed somthing dude

Love the kill in AH, its fun as hell.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    No, there are Two AHs, and 4 Banks I think.
    Two horde AHs, two horde banks, one troll and one tauren bank, maybe also a gobbo bank?
    One where the old AH was, one in the valley of honor and one in the Tauren section.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Wish they would make npc's within Faction cities unkillable on PvE servers to be honest. That would hopefully encourage the world pvp-type players on PvE servers to feck off to where they belong lol.

Ive been a care-bear for 6yrs in this game and nothing annoys me more then a few pvp-wannabe's camping the AH on a PvE server. At least if they went to a PvP server they would find opposition from players who are as bloodthirsty as they are. But ah..guess thats what annoys me,they know they wont get much opposition since nobody cares and they are just doing it for pure annoyance factor. Big fish in a small pond etc

This is possible, but would be VERY hard to do. I've heard of servers with a rumored 20:1 Horde:Ally ratio and that's where it would happen. It would take many people a total of 48 hours straight to accomplish this.

There is one flaw... I believe you can post auctions with the subscription to the Mobile Auction House. That would be, of course, impossible to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a pretty large horde advantage on our server - US Duskwood.
    And we constantly controlled Wintergrasp, meaning alliance players could not run VoA..... \

Anyway, late one night we were about to win wintergrasp, when randomly and totally unexpectedly, alliance won...?

we were shocked.... annoyed, angry.... they could not and should not have won....

so, bitter as we were, we camped out at the entrance to VoA along with upwards of 40 other people and prevented them from running VoA for the next 2 hours until the following wintergrasp began.... which we subsequently won.

it was awesome..... probably the most fun i had in WOTLK..... beside the LK fight, that was fun.

is it griefing, no
    is opposing factions not a HUGE part of this game?
    we're supposed to hate alliance, we're supposed to gank them, we're supposed to make their lives harder....

maybe i'm just a serial pest, but to me there's no better feeling than ruining an alliance players day....

edit: i realise this is totally OT....
    Last edited by Licarius; 2011-01-21 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raqubor View Post
    No, there are Two AHs, and 4 Banks I think.
    Two horde AHs, two horde banks, one troll and one tauren bank, maybe also a gobbo bank?
    There are 4 AH's, each bank is paired with an AH in a stones throw.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

I've always wanted to do something like that.

One of my crazy schemes was to get as many Max Level Mages and stack them all in the AH....then have them all spam arcane explosion. If there were enough mages stacked, the resulting damage could in theory kill ANYONE in a single second.

Any know how many mages would be needed to rip through 150k health with Arcane Explosion?

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Its POSSIBLE to control a city tbh. Lets face it, you capture the AH, you've captured the city. Its all people care about. If people dont protect the AH, what will they protect?
    DUDE! You've TOTALLY inspired me! I'm gonna rally up EVERYONE on my main server and take over Orgrimmer. XD The carnage will be so EPIC! They'll be calling in help and all other kinds of crap.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2011-01-21 at 02:40 AM.

Just to clear up the numbers for Horde since no one seems to have gotten it right thus far, there are...

5 auction houses in Orgrimmar.

2 in Silvermoon City.

4 in Undercity.

1 in Thunder Bluff.

Then, there's also...

2 AH in Dalaran, one just for engineers.

2 in Shattrath (new in Cataclysm).

It's just not going to happen. And if it did, I can assure you, no amount of quoting Blizzard's "PVP solution" is going to stop them from coming in and wrecking you for disrupting gameplay on such a massive scale.
    Last edited by rat; 2011-01-21 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freytor View Post
    This is possible, but would be VERY hard to do. I've heard of servers with a rumored 20:1 Horde:Ally ratio and that's where it would happen. It would take many people a total of 48 hours straight to accomplish this.

There is one flaw... I believe you can post auctions with the subscription to the Mobile Auction House. That would be, of course, impossible to stop.
    We'll have to take over the Internet if thats the case....WHOS WITH MEH???

10+ Year Old Account
    this....is.....AWESOME

org has like 5 AH now. Good luck with getting them all in just one city.

Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    Just to clear up the numbers for Horde since no one seems to have gotten it right thus far, there are...

5 auction houses in Orgrimmar.

2 in Silvermoon City.

4 in Undercity.

1 in Thunder Bluff.

Then, there's also...

1 AH in Dalaran for engineers.

2 in Shattrath (new in Cataclysm).

It's just not going to happen. And if it did, I can assure you, no amount of quoting Blizzard's "PVP solution" is going to stop them from coming in and wrecking you for disrupting gameplay on such a massive scale.
    They added an ah in dal where the badge vendors sit at.
    "I'm telling you this because you don't get it. You think you get it, which is not the same as actually getting it. Get it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Korlith View Post
    They added an ah in dal where the badge vendors sit at.
    Then edit awaaaaaaay!

Basically it's possible in theory, but impossible in practice. You'd never get the amount of man power necessary to organize and launch such a campaign.