Deleted

Mana Adept add on

Hey all,

I was thinking the other day (shouldn't really it hurts my brain lol) about arcane again and if and when it becomes viable that an add on to track mana adept would be a wonderful thing.

To explain the main part of the arcane spec at the moment is using the different phases of casting, you have your burn, recoupe (evo), and your consolidate phase (mana neutral/+).

Now before posting this I have looked on the most popular add on sites and search the web for some thing like this but nothing could be found I was thinking that maybe because arcane is not that good at the moment the dev's not bothering with addons yet :P.

But imagin this for an addon to help with arcane play and am sure I can't be the first person to think of it ^^.

For the main part the addon would track you mana letting you know wether you where at mana positive or mana negative which would alow you to adjust your rotation depending on what phase you where currently in also as an extra it would let you know when your CD's are back up (evo and AP) with a message saying some thing like burn phase ready.

That is what I invison as the perfect addon for any raiding arcane mage (once they fix us) I create this post for 2 reasons
    1. Some one on here may know of something like this already (dont say powa auras as can't be configured to track mana -/+) and
    2. to see if you guys think it is a good idea as I will probably be looking into making it if not one already out there ^^.

So let me know what you all think I will attach a pic to depict what I invision too.
    Althire
    Last edited by mmocd08496081e; 2011-01-21 at 11:36 AM.

Why don't you just look at your mana bar?
    If you are spamming AB it shouldn't matter anyway.
    If you are conserving it should not be below 90%.
    Problem solved?

Deleted
    Thanks for the wonderful reply but that could be said about any addon
    why use power auras you can just look at procs
    why use mage nuggets (helper) just look at your procs
    Also looking at your mana bar wont tell you if you are positive or negative and keep looking at mana bar oops am in the fire am dead this would be a nice on screen indication of what your mana is currently doing

so come on more serious replys please
    Althire
    Last edited by mmocd08496081e; 2011-01-20 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Althire View Post
    Thanks for the wonderful reply but that could be said about any addon
    why use power auras you can just look at procs
    why use mage nuggets (helper) just look at your procs
    Also looking at your mana bar wont tell you if you are positive or negative and keep looking at mana bar oops am in the fire am dead this would be a nice on screen indication of what your mana is currently doing

so come on more serious replys please
    Althire
    The difference is that power auras actually make it more convenient to look at buffs that only appear in a small area of the screen, appear at random and do not last very long whereas there's no reason at all to get an addon that tells you how much mana you have because this is entirely under your control and you should be able to remember what phase of your rotation you are in without an addon to tell you.

You already have power auras, just make one to tell you when you are sub 90% mana and you're set. No additional addon required.
    Burn phase: You don't care about mana
    Recoup phase: You don't care about mana
    Conserve phase: You stay over 90% which does not require an addon because you can do this entirely without looking at your mana bar and just not casting more than two arcane blasts in a row

You already have power auras! Just make one for "I am sub 90% mana" and you're all set and don't need a new addon.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2011-01-20 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    no reason at all to get an addon that tells you how much mana you have because this is entirely under your control and you should be able to remember what phase of your rotation you are in without an addon to tell you.
    Dont think you understand exactly what i am saying i do not want to know what mana i am currently on and dont want it to let me know what phase of rotation am in that is obv what i want to know that say i am doing 3AB then reset or 2AB then reset or even 1 etc wether this is mana negative or positive rotation this would be mainly used during conserve phase sort of like a quick way to gear check your self after upgrades for improving dps in conserve cycle know what i mean now?

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 03:25 PM ----------

Also taking into consideration mana returns from master of elements and clear casting if you get lucky with procs you would go mana positive maybe even a value on the postive side telling you are 1k mana positive per 5 or w/e so you could stack more ab next cycle so adjusting your dps on the fly if you like.