Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

Lady Sinestra 25 Heroic World First Kill by Paragon

Update - Added more screenshots from bugged early attempts.
    Update - Added a statement from Paragon

Lady Sinestra 25 Heroic World First Kill by Paragon
    That's it, Paragon defeated Lady Sinestra, the heroic-only boss of the Bastion of Twilight a few seconds ago. Only Al'akir remains undefeated but it could be pretty fast now that the Sinestra first kill is out of the picture.

Raid Composition
    Mancheese
    Synti
    Lappé
    Sejta
    Xaar
    Devai
    Kruf
    Baltha
    Gorerotted
    Kolor
    Lihaa
    Diamondtear
    Ilonie
    Lazeil
    Smirk
    Jhazrun
    Xenophics
    Zhinn
    Maeil
    Nakkimon
    Rakez
    Diivil
    Jubeto
    Manni
    Verdísha

Lady Sinestra Loot Table

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    379PlateMeleeWristBracers of the Mat'redor
    379PlateSpell SpiritWristBindings of Bleak Betrayal
    379PlateTankFeetWar-Torn Crushers
    379MailPhysical DPSLegsTwilight Scale Leggings
    379MailSpell SpiritFeetBoots of Az'galada
    379LeatherPhysical DPSWaistBelt of the Fallen Brood
    379LeatherSpell SpiritFeetNightmare Rider's Boots
    379ClothSpell DPSHeadCrown of the Twilight Queen
    379ClothSpell SpiritWristBracers of the Dark Mother
    379FingerMeleeFingerDargonax's Signet
    379NeckTankNeckCaelestrasz's Will
    379TrinketSpellTrinketShard of Woe
    379BackSpell DPSBackShroud of Endless Grief

Statement from Paragon
    We have just managed to kill Sinestra 25-man in heroic mode. We reached the boss as the second guild in the world.

The encounter itself was quite unfinished, especially on the first few days. There were some absolutely massive bugs that were obvious from the first pull; Shadow Orbs sweeping the whole room and killing everyone in the raid. The Dark Simulacrum (and other reflects) & Wrack was probably the biggest one. You could literally hit the boss for 1 billion damage with a single GCD - it was pretty damn scary watching Sinestra almost die to it by accident. Blizzard however fixed this within an hour or two after receiving the report.

Luckily this was hotfixed right away by Blizzard

There were still a bunch of hotfixes even between attempts; a tactic that could be used to handle a part of the fight wouldn’t just simply work at all on the next and just left us scratching our head. At these points, we often took theorycrafting breaks even up to an hour before figuring out what exactly we’re supposed to do next. Some people got pretty upset after the first sub-10% attempt, finding out that the tactic we used was unintended and hotfixed right afterwards.

Overall just a very weird raiding experience. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, some unfinished/buggy stuff, but definitely very stressful. Personally I’m not sure what to think of it quite yet.

--------------------------------------------

All in all, this tier of raiding in my opinion has been the hardest tier of raiding overall. There haven’t been many pushover bosses on Heroic difficulty, there hasn’t been any gating, there haven’t been any attunements and such - it has just been one big absolutely brutal grind.

Probably the biggest difference between this tier and the previous ones have been the various bugs and exploits, sadly enough. There are also a lot of completely baseless rumours going around of us exploiting various bosses. Even some top guilds have made some pretty sad and misinformed comments based on nothing but hearsay and quotes from forum trolls, who have absolutely no first-hand knowledge at all.

We didn’t use any exploits/bugs whatsoever on Cho’gall. We didn’t use them on Nefarian. We didn’t use them on Sinestra. I’m not sure what all bosses there are even rumours about anymore, it’s hard to keep track of with the amount of trolls absolutely exploding everywhere.

It will all be completely obvious once we have time to get the videos done.

"This screenshot is from our first days on the boss, the adds haven't been able to be cc'd anymore for a couple of days."
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-01-20 at 04:49 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well done!

Wow this is super fast! Grats Paragon!

15+ Year Old Account
    That's fast? :O

Oh snap! Grats to Paragon only 1 to go!!

Deleted
    11 of what class... ?

was this one on the beta as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations to them.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Gratz to em!

Deleted
    That's sad. Sinestra lasted less than Cho'Gall, Nefarion or Al'Akir Heroic did, and we had 0 Testing on her during Beta. GJ Blizz.

Wow, gz. I hope a video of the fight is on the way

Congratulations! :-) Definitely earned it.

I wonder what clever use of game mechanics is involved this time =) But GRATZ!

Wonder which exploit we used today

Xhosas oh shush can't you just be happy for 'em ?

Really guys congratz with it.. can't wait for some vids to come out showing the fight and how you dealt with it : )

Congratulations! Definitely deserved it! :-)

Deleted
    Holy Moly, I thought it's going to take several weeks until someone kills her

Big Gratz

Not surprising. The patch notes say a ton of adjustments were made to the fight, but they aren't implemented yet. The fight is probably incomplete as of now.

rofl, i thought it lasted some more^^ anyway not bad, want to see some screens / video.

hope not DK stacking this thime XD