DBM not working like I remember it

I did a quick search and poked around for a couple minutes and couldn't find anything about this, but if I've overlooked it, feel free to point me in the direction of another thread.

The problem I'm having is DBM (Deadly Boss Mods) isn't issuing as many warnings/timers/sounds as it did for me back in Wrath. I've got the most updated version, so that's not the issue. I've looked around in the settings and it shows timers and alerts as being active, but I'm just not getting the amount of information that I feel everyone else in my raid is getting. It hasn't caused many problems and the challenge of actually having to pay close attention to what's going on is fun, but I feel like I'm at a disadvantage, especially if I'm to relay an encounters upcoming abilites like I did in ICC. Is this a common issue? Has DBM been nurfed and I just wasn't aware? I haven't added anything significant into my UI, so maybe I'm just missing something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

Switch to bigwigs. it works better for Cata and updates more frequently.

Yeah mine either. I am not getting any warning at all in raids

My guild is having the same issue and a few people have mentioned switching to BigWigs. I am considering that myself.

Have you checked, on the addon screen, you've got all the right modules selected? DBM got split further when Cataclysm was released.

My DBM is fully functionnal. Don't know what you're doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Have you checked, on the addon screen, you've got all the right modules selected? DBM got split further when Cataclysm was released.
    I'll have to check this when I get home. Since I'd been having problems, I deleted the folder and started with a fresh download from curse. Is there some sort of addon pack that I'm suppose to grab? Seems a bit tedious to split them up into separate downloads if they're necessary...

The default pack should have all the Cata ones. Just make sure they haven't become unticked (and so not loaded) for some reason.

The Wrath ones are now in their own separate pack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    The default pack should have all the Cata ones. Just make sure they haven't become unticked (and so not loaded) for some reason.

The Wrath ones are now in their own separate pack.
    it shouldn't really affect it tho, ticked or unticked, whenever you zone into an instance ( 5man or raid,doesn't matter) even if it was un loaded/unticked it will load "on demand" :P

Deleted
    Wrong. Non-ticked addons cannot run on demand. On demand means that a ticked addon won't be loaded instantly, but instead when another addon loads it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Wrong. Non-ticked addons cannot run on demand. On demand means that a ticked addon won't be loaded instantly, but instead when another addon loads it.

Huh ? just tested it....Unticked everything in dmb addon ( at the loading screen ) except the "dbm-core" ...wen't into bastion and bam " Loaded module Bastion Of Twilight" ...

so .... ? -.-

Deleted
    Loads a LoadOnDemand-capable addon. If the given addon has dependencies which are also LoadOnDemand-capable, those addons will be loaded as well. This function will not load disabled addons.
    Source

Pretty sure your timers would not have worked.

All dependencies loaded, relevant modules active, relevant warnings & timers ticked.

Half the Timers and Warnings still do not display.

Regardless of DBM's interaction with LoadOnDemand functions there seems to be a recurring issue of reduced functionality for some people. You are implying in effect that each person who is experiencing the above has failed to tick the relevant modules or rather (see the following bracket) that they have all disabled the relevant modules, (Ignoring the fact the DBM is set to automatically enable (not load) all installed modules) this is highly unlikely.

Deleted
    (Ignoring the fact the DBM is set to automatically enable (not load) all installed modules)
    A non-enabled addon can only be enabled after an UI reload.

You are implying in effect that each person who is experiencing the above has failed to tick the relevant modules
    I'm not implying anything. I don't have any opinion or possible solution for the problem at hand, I'm merely correcting incorrect information.

A non-enabled addon can only be enabled after an UI reload.
    What I mean by that, when installed, if the user navigates to the addon control pane via the character select screen, DBM will have automatically ticked the installed modules (enabled (as I understand the terminology)). Thus without manually un-ticking (disabling) all DBM modules are enabled and therefore 'should' load upon entering the correct zone.

I'm not implying anything. I don't have any opinion or possible solution for the problem at hand, I'm merely correcting incorrect information.
    Without wanting to intentionally start an argument over semantics:

Source

Pretty sure your timers would not have worked.
    I read that as
    "I'm pretty sure..."
    In other words
    "I am of the opinion that..."
    Anyway, if you didn't intend it that way it's all moot.
    Point being, there -is- some odd behaviour occurring with DBM's timers and warnings, what is causing it is yet to be seen

They just released an update with the ever ambiguous "bug fixes".

Yup they acknowledge on their homepage:

Note that most Cataclysm boss mods are still under development and might show slightly wrong timers or timers may even be missing. So use your brain and skills to defeat the encounters and don't rely entirely on DBM
    But a new alpha was just released so it will be better. Still in an evolving state.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator