Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    The Dragon's breath at the Wrathgate was no ordinary breath. It was the fire of the Red Dragonflight. The Protectors of Life. No other dragons, or fire for that matter, will have the same impact on the Plague.
    Proof? where is it stated that only red dragon fire can impact it? Unless you find that statement i'm going by the assumption that fire burns the plague.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    Proof? where is it stated that only red dragon fire can impact it? Unless you find that statement i'm going by the assumption that fire burns the plague.
    Can one assume from only seeing red dragons using their fire on it that all fire works? Have there been any other times when fire has been used? I honestly can't recall, if so, I'd love to know. I can see your point that the fire was most likely normal, but we also know that at least Alexstrasza can make her fire with special properties, maybe other powerful red dragons can too? (Obviously speculation on my part.)
    Last edited by Saturnalia; 2011-01-22 at 04:24 PM. Reason: speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by saufs0ldat View Post
    The Val'kyrs had to sacrifice themselves for Sylvanas, probably because she was already undead, raising those that were alive 5 minutes ago works like a charm and there wasn't a single one of them that rebelled. It provides you with lots of cannon fodder in the middle of a battle. One single player together with a Val'kyr would've been able to overtake Fenris Isle if it hadn't been for the worgen interfering. All that without the plague, now imagine the same with the plague and ten times as many Val'kyr.
    Point Null
    the only 3 val'kyrs recruited by the horde are gone to save silvanas.
    Hence no more free forsaken.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

You sir, seem to be a bit slow.
    And what makes you think that those are going to be the only Val'kir the forsaken ever have?
    The same way Sylvanas recruited those 3 Val'kyrs she could recruit even more to serve her cause. They might even be able to create Val'kir of their own at some point given enough time and research.

As for the plague. Its most likely popular because it can wipe out anything efficiently and with as little loss of life as possible.
    Infect the enemies food or water, bombard their cities with catapults or from the sky then watch the fun begins. The plague can also be customized and adapted for different needs.
    For example a strain of the plague used in Northrend on Vrykul turned made them turn on each other, the strain at the Wrathgate is capable of killing almost any living thing in a matter of second, lastly there is also a strain of plague that can contaminate areas for long periods of time.

The plague is the answer to everything, its almost a perfect weapon, extremely potent. The only thing that wasn't explained about the plague is, if it acts like a toxin, similar to antrax, or if it is truly a magical disease. I guess we will find this out in the future, but if the forsaken plague is like the Lich King's, capable to infect, spread and incubate over a large period of time then it could be extremely deadly. So far we've only see the antrax like plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think of it like a Nuclear Bomb. Its not something you want to use, it costs a lot to make, but when the shit hits the fan you can wipe out a city or twelve.

Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    Proof? Um, tell me where i can find fire that promotes life and makes plants grow out of the ground.

Proof? Really?

Even if fire did effect the plague... 1.) what? 2.) Who the hell would think hey instead of running away we should stand in it and try to light it on fire.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2011-01-22 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    what if gnome takes that plague and works with it for a while? IT TURNS YOU INTO A RADIOACTIVE SLUDGE!!!

The Forsaken plague is the most powerful weapon in the Horde arsenal and more powerful than anything the Alliance has. Someone mentioned that Orc flaming rock catapults would be better. No. You can run from fire you can't run from a plague. The plague kills ANYTHING in its area, undead, living or otherwise. At the Wrathgate the only one to survive it was The Lich King because he's, well, the Lich King. The plague slowly chokes you and can melt skin and bone. There is no escape because once it is in you it stays in you and you will be dead in minutes. The only reason the Horde doesn't use it (It was not the Horde using it at the Wrathgate) is that it is considered extremely inhuman and looked down u[on by all members of the Horde, including some Forsaken. With Garrosh at the helm, however, it may have a more pivotal role in future battles.

Also, the only time (that i can think of there may be a few more) that the Red Dragonflight interfered in mortal affairs without getting attacked first was in the Wrathgate. They had no buisness in doing so, but they did and that is a testiment to how inhuman and hated this plague is.

---------- Post added 2011-06-18 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    Think of it like a Nuclear Bomb. Its not something you want to use, it costs a lot to make, but when the shit hits the fan you can wipe out a city or twelve.
    and this to. left thast out of my comment

10+ Year Old Account
    Wanna take your girlfriend to the movies? USE THE PLAGUE
    Wanna have a happy marriage? USE THE PLAGUE
    Want Answer to everything? USE THE PLAGUE

^Got to love TB sometimes

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crayven View Post
    Point Null
    Umm, definitely no. Have you done the Western Plaguelands Quests? As an alliance, it shows over 20 or so more val'kyr swarming in the air, and plus there's the val'kyr that resurrects the undead at the start of the Forsaken - There's tons more out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point Null
    If u do the qeusts in western plaguelands u find out the forsaken have dozens of valkyr. The 3 that died where yust silv her personal ones

Deleted
    Because it gives those who play Forsaken (or Horde) a sense of superiority they would otherwise not achieve in the game itself.

No, I am not saying that the Alliance is better, all I am saying is that a vast majority who play this game never reach the top, and those who don't and play Forsaken tend to take pride in this plauge of theirs. Which is totally reasonable. Afterall, I wouldn't stick to my Paladin for 4 years of pure misery if I didn't like the way they were represented in the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedann View Post
    Can one assume from only seeing red dragons using their fire on it that all fire works? Have there been any other times when fire has been used? I honestly can't recall, if so, I'd love to know. I can see your point that the fire was most likely normal, but we also know that at least Alexstrasza can make her fire with special properties, maybe other powerful red dragons can too? (Obviously speculation on my part.)
    By paying attention during the vehicle quest leading up to the Wrath Gate, and looking at the dragons in the Malygos encounter, it's quite clear that it's not just the Dragon Queen who has those abilities. During the quest I mentioned greenlife will shoot forth from the frozen ground if you use the AoE breath, and during Malygos the drakes are able to heal(althouh I don't think it's shown as flames there)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it kills everything.
    An Undead commander can go like: "What? We're surrounded by the enemy? PLAGUE EM!" & /flex.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

1. forsaken can't "raise" shit - those valkyrs sacrificed themselves to save that evil bitch.2. what makes you think the newly 'raised' forsaken would suddenly change allegiance to help the ones that killed them 5 minutes ago?If i'd been ressurected AND had free will i'd kill silvanas myself for what she did to me.SO all in all this so called WMD should backfire BIG TIME if spammed as the forsaken seem to do it.In several 'rounds' of that shit there would be more anti-forsaken forsaken - all in no need of sleep /water and as fearless as teh forsaken.And all of them with a burning hatred for horde.I dare you to use that plague.
    1. There are more than just the 3 Valkyr that saved Sylvanas. That's why the moment after she rezzed, she said they were the future of the forsaken, as well as their use durring the battle of andorhal (which takes place after Silverpine).
    2. You're given free will to do whatever you want after you're rezzed. Although the Forsaken starting zone shows you exactly what happens if you refuse to join the Forsaken (let's just say they dig you a new grave to sleep in).
    Good luck fighting them!
    Last edited by Icarris; 2011-06-19 at 12:55 AM.

http://www.wowpedia.org/New_Plague#In_Cataclysm

the plague might have been banned, but it's still used by the forsaken, just not the strain created for the wrathgate :3

keep in mind, the stuff use at wrathgate wasn't plague.
    it was the forsaken blight, which the forsaken lost what putress and the bulk of the RAS went to join the legion.
    the forsaken plague is a disease that work similarly to the plague that the scourge used, albeit vastly paling in comparison.
    such as the scourge plague is always fatal, there is no cure, it can infect anyone alive and once they die it raises it raises them then binds them to the frozen throne.
    the forsaken plague is highly fatal(but not always), can be cured if treated quickly(you got maybe 20secs), can only effect the weak willed(aka peasants/workers) and doesn't raise.

what most people refer to as the plague is actually the blight, not "the forsaken blight", which is basically a highly caustic mist.
    plague is generally spread via a cloud of spores, lending credit to the theory that the plague is of fungal origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Did they have to sacrifice themselves for hundreds of new Forsaken? Nope.

Because apparently there's something in death that makes some people not want to return to it.
    its forsaken mind control. more intelligent forsaken can retain their wills, like the scorge leaders. but most get impacted and start worshipping the bitch queen.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    its forsaken mind control. more intelligent forsaken can retain their wills, like the scorge leaders. but most get impacted and start worshipping the bitch queen.
    You're given free will when resurrected. You will have to face the consequences of your actions if you do not join the forsaken however.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    You're given free will when resurrected. You will have to face the consequences of your actions if you do not join the forsaken however.
    so its not mind control, its oppression.