Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    No Night Elves wont accept them, because they know how traitors they are because Nagas once where Night elves. Accepting Draeneis in Alliance is different. They might are called "erredar" but they are completely different. They are not Demons to start form that. They have completely different physiology compared to Demons. They look different they are different race. Its like to call Night elves Blood elves or Night elves Naga, or All three of them Trolls because they where ancestors of Night elves. Draenei have nothing in common with demons. Naga are just naga all same, if small group of naga rebel to Azshara it doesnt makes them good and redeemed to Night Elves or oter Alliance races.
    The night elves have been accepting of a lot of things over the last few years of warcraft. From a long history of isolationism, they've allied with a host of other races, accepted the Highborne back into their society, and welcomed the Gilnean refugees into their very capital. Tolerating a suddenly friendly band of naga doesn't seem that far fetched anymore.

Whats wrong with sidesaddle ? Everything. How they gonna it on Sidesaddle ? can you imagine sidesaddle on some Mounts like Klaxxi scorpion or blood elven Hawkstrider and all same model mounts? Imo its crap idea.
    If Blizz was really worried about it, they could throw in a couple extra mount animations, to compensate for the various sizes of mounts. But since a lot of characters already clip through mounts, they may not worry too much.

All other races at least wear upper part of Boots. Boots are visible on them, but no boots will be visible on Naga.
    A few pages back I posted a male naga in warrior T5, iirc, showing how the boots get added to the model. It's far from elegant, visually, but I don't doubt at all that Blizzard could make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtree View Post
    The night elves have been accepting of a lot of things over the last few years of warcraft. From a long history of isolationism, they've allied with a host of other races, accepted the Highborne back into their society, and welcomed the Gilnean refugees into their very capital. Tolerating a suddenly friendly band of naga doesn't seem that far fetched anymore.
    They accepted Worgen because they were in need of Night Elven help. It was Malfurions Fault they even existed and he knew that. He felt guilt towards them. Night Elves thought it was their duty to help them. And it was, wasnt it?
    Na na na Night elves didnt accepted Highborne back! It was Malfurion and Tyrande. Night Elves do hate them. Highborne are not redeemed to Night Elves and they still look at them like Filth for their society, After Maiev has banished more and more Night elves believe in her truth. Malfurion and Tyrande have made this decision
    without asking any other Night Elves. We saw it in WolfHeart they didnt. They act like they WANT it !
    But as for Naga, even Malfurion and Tyrande have special hate towards them! I'll way Once more They must redeem their sins to be Honorable enough to start Negotiating with Night elves and other races.

If Blizz was really worried about it, they could throw in a couple extra mount animations, to compensate for the various sizes of mounts. But since a lot of characters already clip through mounts, they may not worry too much.
    My point is that Sidesaddle wont fit to most of Mounts. And blizzard must add Sidesaddle only for Nagas, thats huge work you know. OK I imagine how female can sit on it as I saw pic it was quite elegant pose. But what about male will he look like Lady sitting on horse ? :O Mount issue needs more debate to solve problem.

I cant imagine these races jumping. How would they jump? Using their ending tail? That would be hilarious, they would look like Tigers in Vinni-Pooh.
    Weeee...
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-05-10 at 10:38 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my point of view over races being added:

Every naga cities RISE to the ground level!
    Every nagas die in the process.
    The end.

Deleted
    This my friend is mostly speculation. But, Yes I agree that there might be a rebellion Nagas somewhere underwater. Yes Lady Varshj was Rebel faction, but it was different they joined Illidan because they had chance to take revenge on Land walkers especially Night Elves. And they got their pleasure in Slaughtering Night elves with help of Illidan. Later, its just my guessing and pure speculation, but I think that Varshj had her sympathy to Illidan (not love or this like shit just person to person). She called him "Master" she saw good plan Illidan had so they followed him. They might got tired of not being doing nothing for more that 10 000 years. And I confess that they didnt benefit from Illidans alliance they just followed him blindly. But they hate all land walkers. Even with blood elves they didnt got along, they went in separate ways later.

No Night Elves wont accept them, because they know how traitors they are because Nagas once where Night elves. Accepting Draeneis in Alliance is different. They might are called "erredar" but they are completely different. They are not Demons to start form that. They have completely different physiology compared to Demons. They look different they are different race. Its like to call Night elves Blood elves or Night elves Naga, or All three of them Trolls because they where ancestors of Night elves. Draenei have nothing in common with demons. Naga are just naga all same, if small group of naga rebel to Azshara it doesnt makes them good and redeemed to Night Elves or oter Alliance races.

Whats wrong with sidesaddle ? Everything. How they gonna sit on Sidesaddle ? can you imagine sidesaddle on some Mounts like Klaxxi scorpion or blood elven Hawkstrider and all same model mounts? Imo its crap idea.

All other races at least wear upper part of Boots. Boots are visible on them, but no boots will be visible on Naga.
    First on the boot argument:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95004#modelviewer:8+0
    Do you see the footwear on this troll? I sure do not.

How are they going to sit on sidesaddle? Like maidens did in medieval Europe when they rode horses, for many their dresses did not allow to sit with one foot on either side, so they sat with both on one side. And yes, I can imagine a naga on those mounts. I don't have an amazing drawing skill or I'd draw something to show it to you.

Draenei and erredar are the same race. Just that one accepted fel magic and the Legion, and one did not. I gave them as example because in their starting experience they find a night elf priestess that has been injured by the falling of the Exodar. She wakes up for a brief moment and calls the draenei "foul erredar" or something like that. And then the draenei realize they need to make their intentions clear and send emissaries. Although in game the night elves are like "oh, you're not demons, ok", I imagine in reality the conversation might not have been like that similar to how I don't think the conversation with the Highbourne was like "we've come here to help our long lost night elven brothers after the Cataclysm!" and then Tyrande saying "ok, welcome to our ranks again". So I imagine it won't be the same for naga either.
    And not all nagas are evil, think of the nagas in Tanaris. There was the roaring naga before the Cataclysm which was friendly (despite not doing anything), the the lady naga that fell in love with the gnome. Even the Northrend naga which asked us to kill the kavaldirr was like "yea, I kind of hate you all... well, thanks for saving me I guess, bye bye" but she didn't bother to try attacking or something and our kindness might remain in her mind and spread.

Overall, just because nagas were raised to be distrustful of landdwellers doesn't mean all are. The younger generation might want more freedom. It's like in our world, with revolutions against dictators. In the end, let's be honest now, naga don't live so amazing in ruins under the sea, but I bet the most faithful live in an amazing palace.

15+ Year Old Account
    May I add some to this?

I think it might be better if a new race of Naga are introduced to the game, a race more suited for surface. something that carries the physical characteristics of Naga but is more gentle and independant, and has legs to walk.

Murlocs? no, they are very primitive and lack the strength.

----Backstory----

Queen Azshara was fully aware that her Naga, in their current form, cannot strike at Alliance and Horde forces in-land. while her minions were dominant in the seas and at the shores of Azeroth, they cannot survive further in-land as they lack the speed and strength the surface-dwellers have in their own terrain.

But she had an answer for that, evolution, she started experimenting on part of her Naga horde. making them for suitabe for an in-land invasion.

this "lizard" race has the characteristics of Naga, but while the Naga cannot survive in the harsh deserts or terrains where water is scarce, these Lizards adapt. they can breathe underwater or on the surface without problem and they can swim just as good as the Naga.

----Appearance----

these creatures are less-bulky than the Naga but their physical build is agile and tough, which makes them as tough as regular Nagas. their fingers have small fins which helps them swim faster in water, they have tails resembling a tadpole's.

females look more like sirens but males look more "Lizardly", however the sexual demorphism is these new Naga are not as huge as the sexual demorphism in the old Naga.

to sum it all up. the new Naga are a lizard race, we really lack a Lizard race in Warcraft lore and these new Naga will fill the void of such race.

I call them the new Naga because I dont have a name for them. let's just call them Slitherers.

----How do Slitherers become playable----

The Naga have long life-spans just like the Night Elves, and Slitherers have the same lifespan. you start the game thousands of years ago when Slitherers were still serving queen Azshara.

the Naga are treating the Slitherers as experiments and do not count them as equals, Slitherers are being used for hard labor and experimental attacks on the surface. but the Slitherers are too smart for their own good, they start to resist the Nagas. and in the end of your quest-chain most of the Slitherers break free from the Naga and escape to unknown parts in the sea. they build an Enclave, hidden from Azshara's sight. your character lives with no trouble for thousands of years.

fast forward to current time, your character is now level 10. and during the course of these years the Slitherers have built a culture of their own. but the Naga have found these peaceful creatures at last. and to survive Queen Azshara's fury the Slitherers must make new allies and make a stand.

-------------------

classes : Warrior, Warlock, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Rogue, Druids.

explanation :

The Slitherers have bonded with the underwater nature around them, as their only way of survival was to use the forces of nature and the forces of elementals around them. many of these Slitherers were once Night Elves, which makes sense if they go back to druidism.

Slitherer Mages were once high-born, and it has fallen to them to teach the younger Slitherers the power of arcane.

Slitherer shamans have learned the power of elementals from the water elementals around them. they have made a pact with Neptulon, who sees Azshara as a threat. Slitherers were given the power to command water elementals and to watch over them and in return Neptulon hides them from the Naga.

Slitherer Warlocks are viewed with distrust among their kin, they bond with demonic powers and believe Demons can protect them from Azshara's wrath. as many High-Born had contact with demonic powers before becoming Naga, It also makes sense if some Slitherers used to be High-Born Warlocks themselves.

----Starting Zone Description----

both 1-6 and 6-13 are underwater zones. Blizzard has already made underwater zones so the concept is not hard to grasp. in the second zone the player mostly deals with the Naga invasion on their Enclave. after defeating the first wave the player is tasked to find new allies to help his/her people, after reaching the surface of the sea an Alliance fleet responds and saves the day. many Slitherers along with the Slitherer leader go to stormwind to negotiate an Alliance with Varian Wrynn.

I did not have time to polish this. but this is the initial idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    -snip- as you are right above me.
    sooo, Saurok?

Dont get me wrong, its a fine idea, but for thousands of years they were the Naga, not Saurok. Then, Azshara suddenly says, lets grow legs. Thats kinda weird. all they need to do with the current naga is force the legs(pants or robes) to stop at certain point, and make boots -> cuffs for their tail, and thats it. The mount animation, even though people say side saddle, might need a working, but every race goes through that, most not as bad as them, but, for me, I dont want no Bipedal Naga.

Naga, to me, as the pinnacle of immersion and a stepping stone for every MMO, if they become a playable race. The reason I say this, is because, No, I mean NO mmo has created a race that is playable other than Bipedal, and the main reasoning is Mounts. If Blizzard cant do it, then no else is even willing to try, as most mmo's now dont even have a race like the naga, and most races are bipedal humans with different face paint or longer ears. I want another true "beast" race, other than tauren and, to certain extent, draenai. (you can blame worgen for not being on this list as they have no tail and they can turn into humans. )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    sooo, Saurok?

Dont get me wrong, its a fine idea, but for thousands of years they were the Naga, not Saurok. Then, Azshara suddenly says, lets grow legs. Thats kinda weird. all they need to do with the current naga is force the legs(pants or robes) to stop at certain point, and make boots -> cuffs for their tail, and thats it. The mount animation, even though people say side saddle, might need a working, but every race goes through that, most not as bad as them, but, for me, I dont want no Bipedal Naga.

Naga, to me, as the pinnacle of immersion and a stepping stone for every MMO, if they become a playable race. The reason I say this, is because, No, I mean NO mmo has created a race that is playable other than Bipedal, and the main reasoning is Mounts. If Blizzard cant do it, then no else is even willing to try, as most mmo's now dont even have a race like the naga, and most races are bipedal humans with different face paint or longer ears. I want another true "beast" race, other than tauren and, to certain extent, draenai. (you can blame worgen for not being on this list as they have no tail and they can turn into humans. )
    yes, mounting is the main issue, and I do share your view. Nagas are pretty cool, I just threw the Idea to solve their mounting issue. which must also come with a backstory to explain why they are like this.

to answer your first question : No, Azshara does not suddently decide to give legs to these Nagas. Azshara serves the old gods, and the old gods see the nations of Azeroth as a threat that must be dealt with. In order to fully deal with this threat Azshara must have an army that is just as efficent in land as it is in sea. thats why she begins experimenting with the Naga. the Nagas are not actually the democratic sort, they do what their lady tells them to. so they start throwing the Nagas that hold no high place in their society or are shown to critisize their higher ups into the experimental program and after the whole lot of them die in the experiment, they produce the Slitherer race. at first theres a handful bunch of them, but theres no shortage of Naga in the sea is there?

so the Slitherer see themselves betrayed by Azshara, and worse than that, they are now being treated as slaves. so after awhile they revolt.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-05-10 at 01:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, mounting is the main issue, and I do share your view. Nagas are pretty cool, I just threw the Idea to solve their mounting issue. which must also come with a backstory to explain why they are like this.

to answer your first question : No, Azshara does not suddently decide to give legs to these Nagas. Azshara serves the old gods, and the old gods see the nations of Azeroth as a threat that must be dealt with. In order to fully deal with this threat Azshara must have an army that is just as efficent in land as it is in sea. thats why she begins experimenting with the Naga. the Nagas are not actually the democratic sort, they do what their lady tells them to. so they start throwing the Nagas that hold no high place in their society or are shown to critisize their higher ups into the experimental program and after the whole lot of them die in the experiment, they produce the Slitherer race. at first theres a handful bunch of them, but theres no shortage of Naga in the sea is there?

so the Slitherer see themselves betrayed by Azshara, and worse than that, they are now being treated as slaves. so after awhile they revolt.
    I understand what you are saying about a bipedal race would be able to easily clear the hurdle of mounting, but if you are even suggesting this, then you do no share my views.

My view is pretty clear, I wish to see Non-bipedal playable races in MMo's, or even regular roleplaying games like Skyrim. But as it is, most companies wont even try to hurdle over that one issue. If anyone can do (as in major developer) then Blizzard are the old gods i follow. The Naga would be a stepping stone for the world then. I am basically saying, if you give Naga legs, then you simply resorted to laziness and retconning, rather than working out the problem itself, and giving into "all races need to be bipedal" to be played.

This is not to be taken offensively, as it is according to my view, but i do not hope they take your idea into consideration. It is good, yes, but they are not Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    First on the boot argument:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=95004#modelviewer:8+0
    Do you see the footwear on this troll? I sure do not.
    Hold your horses. This is Cloth boots and it Literally says SANDALS why do you expect from these boots to have upper part? It was Tricky one. http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=98140#modelviewer:8+0 here is shown how trolls wear normal boots.

How are they going to sit on sidesaddle? Like maidens did in medieval Europe when they rode horses, for many their dresses did not allow to sit with one foot on either side, so they sat with both on one side. And yes, I can imagine a naga on those mounts. I don't have an amazing drawing skill or I'd draw something to show it to you.
    I know how someone sit on Sidesaddle thank you, but problem is that Nagas have strange snakelike tails which would be ridiculous to see how gaint snakes coil on sidesaddle... especially Horses, tigers and Raptors. OK I can imagine how they coiling in Big flying mounts but not on these. I can imagine females coiling on some moounts but I dont see how Males will sit, it will look like they are Ladies.. Idk they might look cool but all this Sidesaddle thing is crap for me. It will be waste of times and resources from blizz to make Sidesaddles for all mounts only for NAGAS. Can you imagine how will they sit on Sea Horse ? brrrr.... They just ... dont fit in most of mounts.

Draenei and erredar are the same race. Just that one accepted fel magic and the Legion, and one did not. I gave them as example because in their starting experience they find a night elf priestess that has been injured by the falling of the Exodar. She wakes up for a brief moment and calls the draenei "foul erredar" or something like that. And then the draenei realize they need to make their intentions clear and send emissaries. Although in game the night elves are like "oh, you're not demons, ok", I imagine in reality the conversation might not have been like that similar to how I don't think the conversation with the Highbourne was like "we've come here to help our long lost night elven brothers after the Cataclysm!" and then Tyrande saying "ok, welcome to our ranks again". So I imagine it won't be the same for naga either.
    And not all nagas are evil, think of the nagas in Tanaris. There was the roaring naga before the Cataclysm which was friendly (despite not doing anything), the the lady naga that fell in love with the gnome. Even the Northrend naga which asked us to kill the kavaldirr was like "yea, I kind of hate you all... well, thanks for saving me I guess, bye bye" but she didn't bother to try attacking or something and our kindness might remain in her mind and spread.
    Yes Yes. I agree they are coming from same race, but Draenei have maintained their true form but demons have experienced evolution (bad king of evolution). They are now totally different in every aspect they look totally different their live different. They need fel energy they need to destroy and slaughter. It is SAME to call Blood elves night elves (I will try to explain once more). Blood elves (High Elves) where once Night Elves Yes? Yes, they looked same (little difference because of magic use) they lived togather with same virtues and same culture they were called Night Elves. But when they where exiled they started to forge their OWN era. They started to train magic very intensely, after time their appearance changed they became more like humans, their skin became soft etc. They started to creat their own culture and today we face totally different races Blood elves and Night Elves. Same is refereed to Draenei and Demons. Just to say where do these races like to live. Draenei lived in Outland in beautiful lands full of nature and they love all this crystal things they love Light. But demons like to live in cold, dull dead places, they love Fel energy and love to love Dark places they love Shadow. So dont call them same please. If draenei saw Blood elf in Argos we might have confused him/her to Night elf (if there werent aware of Blood elves and known Night Elves). So thats not argument.

Pff ... These small numbers of Naga do not count. There are be good and bad in every race, considering how you look at certain things. There is Alliance Blood elf valeera. Friend of Varian. There might be good Demons out there somewhere in Argos who rebel to Sargeras should Horde or Allaince let them join ? Because we like how they look. Its nonsense imo Most of Nagas are hostile and small group wont make sense to make a Playable race.

Overall, just because nagas were raised to be distrustful of landdwellers doesn't mean all are. The younger generation might want more freedom. It's like in our world, with revolutions against dictators. In the end, let's be honest now, naga don't live so amazing in ruins under the sea, but I bet the most faithful live in an amazing palace
    I call that Pure speculation! Very narrow view of things If you ask me. New generation of Night Elves might not like Tyranny of their Leaders but fact is that they dwell with it because Night Elves are unite.

Deleted
    The defeatists are unimaginative and obstinate. It would be easy to make all disputed aspects of naga work. Side saddle would look great, and would take no more work than animating a split leg ride animation. Jumping would require a tail flick. Pants become kilts, boots become tail rings. Lorewise would be easy enough, a splinter subfaction of naga approach their former allies the Blood Elves desperate in the face of annihilation by regular Naga. You wouldn't even need a great sea xpac, this would fit fine into pretty much any xpac.

Easy and awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    I understand what you are saying about a bipedal race would be able to easily clear the hurdle of mounting, but if you are even suggesting this, then you do no share my views.

My view is pretty clear, I wish to see Non-bipedal playable races in MMo's, or even regular roleplaying games like Skyrim. But as it is, most companies wont even try to hurdle over that one issue. If anyone can do (as in major developer) then Blizzard are the old gods i follow. The Naga would be a stepping stone for the world then. I am basically saying, if you give Naga legs, then you simply resorted to laziness and retconning, rather than working out the problem itself, and giving into "all races need to be bipedal" to be played.

This is not to be taken offensively, as it is according to my view, but i do not hope they take your idea into consideration. It is good, yes, but they are not Naga.
    Im not offended, maybe I said it wrong then , I understand what you mean. you want the Nagas in game, so they become an example for other roleplaying games. who see this as a risk which requires alot of effot... maybe I, a a player, dont want to have two legs, but four, maybe i want to be a Harpy. something thats not presented in other games. if blizzard successfuly executes that then other games will mimic it instead of just focusing on -two legged humanoid- races.

I suggested this to address the issue with legs. but If blizzard wants to make Nagas playable without legs, im fine either way.

Side saddle would look great, and would take no more work than animating a split leg ride animation. Jumping would require a tail flick. Pants become kilts, boots become tail rings. Lorewise would be easy enough
    this can be a good solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    The defeatists are unimaginative and obstinate. It would be easy to make all disputed aspects of naga work. Side saddle would look great, and would take no more work than animating a split leg ride animation. Jumping would require a tail flick. Pants become kilts, boots become tail rings. Lorewise would be easy enough, a splinter subfaction of naga approach their former allies the Blood Elves desperate in the face of annihilation by regular Naga. You wouldn't even need a great sea xpac, this would fit fine into pretty much any xpac.

Easy and awesome.
    Blood elves and Naga were never allies. The naga that Allied with Kaels blood elves where considered traitors. Other band of Nagas never had contact with Blod elves. Blood Elves stayed with Kael there. Few of them returned so that means that Nowadays Blood Elves and Naga have nothing in common.

And if there will be ever Playable naga Im sure they will be Alliance because Horde already has some races waiting to join Ranks of Horde.

Deleted
    Blood elves and Naga were never allies. The naga that Allied with Kaels blood elves where considered traitors. Other band of Nagas never had contact with Blod elves. Blood Elves stayed with Kael there. Few of them returned so that means that Nowadays Blood Elves and Naga have nothing in common.
    This is just not true, house sunfury were accepted back into Quel'thalas from outland. The former Illidari Naga would be prime cantidates for accession to the Horde.

All of this is beside the point, though. There are countless great ways to write lore to make Naga playable. That you can't imagine a single way says more about your predispositions than it does the plausibility of the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    This is just not true, house sunfury were accepted back into Quel'thalas from outland. The former Illidari Naga would be prime cantidates for accession to the Horde.

All of this is beside the point, though. There are countless great ways to write lore to make Naga playable. That you can't imagine a single way says more about your predispositions than it does the plausibility of the concept.
    Illidari Naga where slain in time of BC. There are just few who remain, that wont work for playable race. And as for blood elves I said they returned back in Azeroth but not so many and they returned because they at last saw how foul his Leaders plans was and finally snapped out. Why would they go back again? As forr tail Jumping issue I have posted picture above how would it Look like

Though I liked the Tail ring thing you said about boots. But I guess it must cover all their Snake tail

I cant imagine these races jumping. How would they jump? Using their ending tail? That would be hilarious, they would look like Tigers in Vinni-Pooh.

Weeee...
    believe me. when a snake jumps from a tree and falls on you, it's not hilarious at all.

EDIT: it can be hilarious with the right mood

Last edited by checking facts; 2013-05-10 at 02:30 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    believe me. when a snake jumps from a tree and falls on you, it's not hilarious at all.
    They are more huge to be taken serous their body is far different from snake.

Deleted
    May I add some to this?
    I find this very plausible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

EDIT: it can be hilarious with the right mood

Even though the video is freakin hilarious, that is a lizard that jumped =D You can see the legs as it attempts to crawl up the guys coat.