High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Wireless Internet?

My computer has traditionally been in the living room and i've decided that i want to move it upstairs. It's in part because my parents work from home so they never leave and i'm sick of having to leave battlegrounds and Sc2 ladder matches because they are interrupting me. I know that sometimes this can't be helped but i've come to the decission that i'm moving my pc upstairs to my room.
    So what i need to know is the best usb wirless adapter for my desktop. i need one that can still give me the same gaming speeds. Keep in mind that i do have Comcast business class so the net is very fast. i have a netgear modem, but will that be enough? Suggestions are greatly appreciated so i can get a setup going in my room. Money is really no big deal here so hit me with some pricy choices and hit me with some less pricy options if you can find them!

Be a good person and help a gamer who's mom is a redheaded short german, screaming strict roman catholic who grew up in a farming community, and is a corporate business owner. All in all shes a devilwomen and spends her time collecting souls.

Thanks in advance-
    Std

Honestly, just go with a decent brand name wireless G or N USB adapter. No need for those fancy gaming network cards, they are pretty much a scam and do not really make much difference unless your internet is complete crap or the bandwidth was getting sucked up by the other network users. I've been gaming for the last 3 or 4 years on wireless laptops and the only time I had issues was when the internet connection I was using was crap. Since your internet connection sounds fine, it really doesn't matter what choice you make. A wireless G usb adapter will do just fine, because I doubt that you will be able to cap out it's maximum speed, certainly not with gaming.

If range is an issue then you may have to do some additional research, or if you have thick brick walls. But other than that, you should be fine with just about anything. I prefer Linksys for all my networking needs, I have had the best connection and the least amount of issues with their equipment. Netgear and D-Link have both disappointed me because I thought they were pretty good until U used them, along with other crap brands that aren't worth mentioning such as TP Link.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

get a cisco router. wrt54gs if you can find one, but any of the cisco wireless routers are good. don't get d-link, don't get netgear.

Deleted
    The 2 posters above are gonna hate me but:

At the moment, one of the best ones (look up the reviews) is the Netgear WNDR3700. I have it myself, and never had a dc/problem/anything. (Make sure you get the firmware from June ' 10, the December (latest) one is a bit shitty though)
    It was about 100,- euro for me.

Another one that's good for half the price is the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND.

Personally, I had a Cisco (Linksys) router, however I was getting constant dcs on wireless, slow web interface and other silly problems. I had Cisco send me a new one, but problems wouldn't go away.

So I got the Netgear one, and no problems since

However if you do want Cisco for the name, the E3000 is good atm, they say

I don't blame you Magekid, people usually have different views towards certain brands because they have had good experiences and bad experiences. No brand is flawless, so like I said, it really doesn't matter what you get, just make sure you are not throwing money out the window for false advertising.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely