Page 1 of 3
LastLast

ICC style raid wide buff for Cata raids?

Do you think they will implement this kind of buff for Cata raids to give everybody a chance to see them?

It would make sense as the hardcore could do hardmodes, the not so hardcore could do normal modes and the casuals could do the dungeon with the buff.

Sure, you just have to wait more than a year or 2 for the final raid to be put in. They don't care if people see the current raids or the ones in between, so no ICC buff anytime soon (or maybe at all!).

Deleted
    As Cap'n Arlong says, we probably won't see a raid wide buff in quite some time, most likely not until we're squaring off with Deathwing.

Do remember that patch 3.0.+ was essentially a financial success to Blizzard though, as it introduced more people to the concept of raiding - some bad, some good (not ALL Wotlk starters are baddies). I'm can easily see a similar buff being provided for a potential Tier 12-13 (depending on how many tiers they've planned) raid instance.

I mean, there was nothing wrong with the ICC buff. Anyone who wanted to be competitive most likely killed bosses before it was implemented. Besides, it could be canceled, if you really didn't like it.

i hate this idea. im sorry but the icc buff was a terrible idea that made the fights trivial. i personally am enjoying raiding as it is now it is how raiding should be. wrath put out the mind set that you dont need to put effort in to get gear which is bad, you should need to work for your gear.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

next tier of raid with gear upgrades will provide you the % buffs :-)
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

They usually do that for the last raid of the expansion, the buff you'll receive for other raids is just obtaining better gear. Once Patch 4.1 comes out, current Valor rewards will be available via the JP vendor, and along with that they plan on adding new 5mans with each new tier of raiding that will drop probably either ilevel 359 or 365 epics.

So the previous raids will get easier just from obtaining better gear, a buff similar to ICC most likely won't be added until the final raid of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Besides, it could be canceled, if you really didn't like it.
    That right there is the key. If you didn't like it you could turn it off and legitimately say you downed the LK without the buff. People may not believe you, but you'd know. The buff was essentially the same nerf that BC raids got towards the end of the expansion, except this nerf is optional on an individual level. I have no doubt we'll see more buffs of this kind and given the choice between an optional buff like this or a nerf to the content whether we like it or not I'd rather the buff.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    They usually do that for the last raid of the expansion, the buff you'll receive for other raids is just obtaining better gear.

So the previous raids will get easier just from obtaining better gear, a buff similar to ICC most likely won't be added until the final raid of the expansion.
    I don't understand the logic here... ICC was the first time they implemented a zone-wide BUFF to a raid zone. They've done zone-wide debuffs to raids before, but ICC was the first time they buffed everyone for a raid. There is no track record from Vanilla or Burning Crusade to logically deduce that they will add a zone buff for the final raid of the expansion. They may nerf the instance in the final month of the expansion much like they did with Sunwell and even ICC. But I don't see any evidence from their past that says they will repeat the ICC buff anymore than I see evidence that they will keep it in it's un-nerfed form through the release of the next expansion like they did with Naxx 40.

I think we'll only see a ICC buff on the final raid of the expansion, to effectively allow you to eventually 'outgear' ICC like you outgeared Naxxramas (and subsequently made it a LOT easier). I really like the ICC buff they implemented for this specific reason.... when you hit the end of an expansion, you eventually want as many players as is possible to see some of that final content before it is mothballed in favor of the next expansion.

As others have said, I'd rather have the buff than janky little nerfs to the content. I'm sure the devs appreciate having to do less work, too - nerfing individual encounters here and there versus just giving everyone an optional buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they are going to release a zone wide raid buff, it will most likely be at the last tier of the expansion.

However, they should take elements from both TBC nerf and WotLK buff. Release it when the patch for the next expansion hits (i.e. 5.0.x) and with full power of 30%. I didn't like WotLK style of slowly degrading the instance by 5% (albeit it was optional).

It would simply mean: "OK, it's a month till the next expansion, whoever hasn't seen the instance yet, run wild!"

I don't want any flames on me but I want to underline a very forgotten point.

The idea behind the ICC buff was to make the content seen by more people without regard to their playing skill/time/dedication.

I salute this. It's totally OK.

However, when you distribute the previous tier gear through heroic dungeon emblems/points, don't you make many people actually NOT SEE a huge part of the content? Everyone who joined the game during ToC and ICC skipped Ulduar, and damn Ulduar was a great raid!

I think there should be a balance between TBC style and WotLK style gear tiers. Cause the WotLK mindset of distributing the previous gear set, and skipping the initial expac tiers, causes recycled content to be warmed up as new for all of us.

I find this to be a bitter dilemma. You want everyone to see all content, but you also promote them to skip most of the content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senbo View Post
    i hate this idea. im sorry but the icc buff was a terrible idea that made the fights trivial. i personally am enjoying raiding as it is now it is how raiding should be. wrath put out the mind set that you dont need to put effort in to get gear which is bad, you should need to work for your gear.
    If you hated the buff, I can only assume you turned it off in your raids.

My question to you is; why do you bother so much about other people using it? That fact doesn't affect you personally, and since you weren't using the buff, neither did it.

when t14 is out you can walk through the current content, just like you could more or less 5 man naxx in t11

10+ Year Old Account
    it made it easier. sure it was still kinda hard, but it should have been harder, compared to what we are doing now. therefor: no, do not implement plz.

Deleted
    i hope they dont. i am not raiding atm but when i will start again perhaps it wont be fun for me to get 30% extra dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the next tier of raiding is released I could care less if they put a buff in all the T11 raids. These raids are much more difficult than Naxx was in wrath. Aside from Blizz giving away gear, I see no other alternative to let everyone see the content.

Why not let people do the previous tier with a buff? They key is PREVIOUS tier. I do not want any sort of buff in raids until the next content is out.

people still failed with the ICC buff so i dont see why they should

a damage buff doesnt make up for bad situational awareness

if there is a god of wow, they wont put a raid wide buff to carry bads through already easy content.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Do you think they will implement this kind of buff for Cata raids to give everybody a chance to see them?

It would make sense as the hardcore could do hardmodes, the not so hardcore could do normal modes and the casuals could do the dungeon with the buff.
    They will eventually nerf the hardmodes so that better-than-average Joes can do some fight, and good one can clear them after sometimes. There ss no need to apply a zone wide buff since higher tier gear wiill eventually trivialize the fights. ICC 30% buff was there only because there wasnt any higher raid tier for WotLK, so if they wanted everyone to raid with relative success, to keep them preoccupied for a freaking year, they needed some mechanics to help average players out (ie. 30% buff).

Deleted
    People seemed to have forgotten that the ICC buffs were implemented quite some time after the doors were opened, and also that they were only implemented 5% at a time, with a two week intervall - correct me if Im wrong here.

To make a comparison to now, Blizzard would probably wait atleast another month or so before putting in a 5% buff in the three raids we have.

They wouldn't implement a similar buff right away. Besides, as Kronpas says, the buff were there to keep people occupied, and to introduce people who probably would'nt have raided before to raiding.