Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    go fore more hit, it will help smoothen or rage gen and white dmg, which is a big junk of ur total dmg, will increase directly with every single point of hit. aim for at least 14-16 as tg fury.

replacing your mastery trinket with a blue hit trinket will help u.
    find some blue 346 strenght boots with hit and a socket will help u.
    Finding blue 346 Legs with 2 sockets with hit on them will help u.
    Finding other gloves, with hit on them will help u.
    reforging ur weapons crit to hit will help u.
    reenchanting or bracer to +50 hit will help u a tiny little bit.

general rule for fury since wow classic is : strength > hit > crit > rest.

Only the late wotlk furys have been an exception to this rule, because of the heroic strike exploit, where u only needed style-hitcap cause ur mainhand did nearly ever hit white dmg wise.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2011-01-21 at 03:29 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    The hit % you want to aim for is between 15-20%.
    Our BiS Gear (heroic) only puts us @ 21% hit if that tells you anything, it's not a big priority since the cap is a very ridiculous amount and, while attainable, would only hurt you in the end as you'd be giving up other stats that are of bigger priority.
    As someone previously said, crit builds are currently the going rate for us, now this doesn't mean go replace any hit you have, however it gives you something to aim at. (Str / Crit while maintaining exp cap and 15-20% hit) Str of course taking priority over crit.

They're really is a lot of options right now. I am not gonna throw direct advice at you about what to do because there is plenty of that in here. My best advice wold be trial and error. It seems that some people can pull higher dps with different hit or str stats due to their rotation. This means you need to find which stats best fit the way you use your rotation. I know you posted your specific rotation down but that is not always accurate as far as how fast your reactions are and whether or not your hitting your CD's at the exact right time. Mess around with it each raid so you know what your pulling with the buffs. Try higher hit and more HS one night then try lower hit and less HS focusing on rage dump etc. Also use the dummy if you have some free time, never hurts to find another Fury in your guild to check you out, I always ask and receive help from other furys. We gotta stick together in these tough raiding times.

Deleted
    Hello, I will resume you my experience through this last month, since we have similar gear maybe it is of some help to you.

I started focusing on hit, like many of us i guess, even gemming, reforging was quite hit focused, it didn`t go too badly, dps went up little by little, but at one point I had around 20% hit and noticed it was hard sometimes to burn excess of rage, specially if bad rng made it so no enrage was up. So i went back to elitist, check some armories, casually saw a comment from falken who was very kind to link some logs, and as you say hit it seems it is not the way to go.

So...i have gone for crit, but didn't lower hit at all cost, i am now at ~16% hit and 21% crit, this is working better for me the more i practise, what i want to say is, if you went from one extreme (hit) to the other (crit) lowering too much and suddenly your hit your rage regen changes so much that maybe you are prioritizing badly without realizing. I know i am not in 4.0.6. but still i prefer to focus on basic rotation and use HS only at 55-60 rage plus, i am getting better number little by little and getting better at pushing right buttons at the right moment, you know batte trance , and slam...

I would suggest you to lower hit little by little and try to adjust to it, at the end 4.0.6 will come and you will benefit more than other, i believe.

Here is my armory, just in case you wanna take a look, http://eu.battle.net/wow/es/characte...eipasha/simple

(yep, also in spanish since i'm from spain XD)

I have the the Fury of the angerforge?? Furia de forjainquina but waiting till 4.0.6 fixs it since its cd its not working very well and i fail to align it with cds

I'm not doing logs actually cos i'm being lazy at that (no one else want to do them, who is the lazy one huh?), but for your reference my dps didn't go up by a lot but still in lets say valiona which doesnt have damage bonuses and it is quite simple i am pulling 16-18k, it is not a lot and still i have to do better with my fingers but you should be able to get these.
    Last edited by mmoc24a0d0bd56; 2011-01-21 at 03:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by erpine79 View Post
    yep, also in spanish since i'm from spain XD)
    All you need to do is to remove the "/es" portion of the link to make it english, so to speak.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eipasha/simple

Right now Hit is crucial in maintaining the priority that does the most damage. Stat wise we got Str>Hit>Crit>Haste>Mastery. Priority wise is basically BT-->HS-->BS Proc-->RB.

Now with the patch coming up the priority system will shift a bit with stats looking like Str>Hit to 8%>Crit/Mastery>Hit to 27%/Haste. Priority wise will be BT-->RB-->BS Proc-->HS when>60 rage

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    you really really really need more hit. our furys aren't doing much more, maybe 16-17k but they are on like 25% hit which i think is a bit excessive but 10% i'd say is kinda low.
    Bad advice is the worse kind, fury warriors need to achieve close to DW hard cap which is 26% hit, so 25% is not "excessive" it's optimal.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dettox View Post
    Hello,
    I just wanted to add my 5 cents to this discussion, we are actually 2 warriors in my guild. Each one is going a really different way of thinking and so far the differences are not so huges.

First im sure 8% hit is enough, and incite 3/3 is not a must. U can simply check logs of magmaw fight here :

worldoflogs.com/reports/yn4drx8ommaesg07/analyze/dd/source/?s=1889&e=2354

First of all u can see that war 1 have 3/3 deep wounds and war 2 been testing mastery effects with just 8% hit and 3/3 incite.

Flurry uptime on both is almost the same ...
    First off, which warrior has the points in deep wounds? I didn't see them having flurry uptime 'almost the same'. One warrior had flurry up 63% of the fight, while the other one had it up 78% of the fight. That's a considerable difference.

If you can get high hit, then go for it, but not over crit/str. The problem is however crit provides a higher damage increase than hit. If you're stacking hit to that point and only have ~15% crit. I guarantee you're gimping yourself in damage. I don't know where warriors are getting the concept to blindly gem/enchant/reforge all hit then claim that it's the best. I've done testing and posted results on several threads for crit, but everyone that argues hit shows me zero testing results. Which just tells me that you didn't do any testing what so ever, you either made an assumption or read a guide and didn't look further.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    Bad advice is the worse kind, fury warriors need to achieve close to DW hard cap which is 26% hit, so 25% is not "excessive" it's optimal.
    then call out the others who are saying 8% is fine too ^^ and the DW cap is 27%.

Dumping into Hit or dumping into crit the numbers are close.
    However, playstyle will factor into what works best for you.
    If you go the hit route you will want a good amount of haste as well, as for the crit route you will want to hit hard(str)
    Again there is really no answer for a case either way, it is just what you like to play and how you play it.

However, all that being said, it is really not about DPS anymore in any type of Cata raid, it is more about Don't die, do average DPS, Intrupt when you are supposed to, avoid damage = WIN. And the gear alone you get will increase said DPS while moving in and out of stuff, trying to stay alive.
    It is not like wrath were most of the fights were a bloated damage meter fest as trying to be the top of the top, DPS races, now its control

Quote Originally Posted by mystblade View Post
    Dumping into Hit or dumping into crit the numbers are close.
    However, playstyle will factor into what works best for you.
    If you go the hit route you will want a good amount of haste as well, as for the crit route you will want to hit hard(str)
    Again there is really no answer for a case either way, it is just what you like to play and how you play it.

However, all that being said, it is really not about DPS anymore in any type of Cata raid, it is more about Don't die, do average DPS, Intrupt when you are supposed to, avoid damage = WIN. And the gear alone you get will increase said DPS while moving in and out of stuff, trying to stay alive.
    It is not like wrath were most of the fights were a bloated damage meter fest as trying to be the top of the top, DPS races, now its control
    In all honesty from raiding as a DPS warrior for almost 5 years, every fight is a meter fest for dps players. Granted you have to do more than you had to in wrath, but back in BC with similar encounters that we're looking at now, dps tried to top the meters.

As for how close the numbers are, I disagree. In raid, I did considerably more damage crit spec then hit spec, about 2-4k damage (and 8k on wyrmbreaker) more on encounters. The only way hit is better is if you're spamming HS more than you should. Which means your rotation is off terribly. The hit spec is generally a crutch for players who can't manage their rage properly with their rotation, and need the extra rage gen to keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    then call out the others who are saying 8% is fine too ^^ and the DW cap is 27%.
    Can't troll the whole of the forums on my own! (about the DW cap I think we were both wrong at the start - 27% however is the correct answer )
    Last edited by Griefel; 2011-01-21 at 09:35 PM.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Breakthoven View Post
    From what I read, hit is not the way to go
    Yessir, this is correct, although it is the right way to go 1/2 of the time.

You want to stack hit till YOU FEEL that your rage income is about right, for me, that is about 14%. For Falken, the top DPS warrior in the world, this is about 12%. After that you will want to stack crit. Also, put your last point in Incite, not Deep wounds, at least till 4.0.6

Yo Dawg, I heard you like Pirates. Well, I put a Bloodsail in your Bloodsail, and now you can Pirate while you Pirate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    Commenting on bad advice with even worse advice, is the worst advice - and confusing for those who know little! Shame on you mister..

holy cow, this is confusing, some saying Go HIT, others saying GO STR/CRIT. As I've been reading this posts so far I think the best choice is to go 15-17% hit and 20 % + crit. So far I think gemming the gem color socket is the way to go ( meaning, no stacking hit or full str; simply, use 40 str on red, str/crit on yello and str/hit on blue) , and also enchanting gear for hit.
    "Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Never give up work. Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it. If you are lucky enough to find love, remember it is there and don't throw it away."
    — Stephen W. Hawking