*I would like to note before anything, I HATED how attunements were used in BC. The BT and Hyjal ones, specifically. I thought they only took from the game, and make it less appealing to actually recruit new players.*

Attunements. One of the more discussed issues in our World of Warcraft. Some hate them, some loved them. For a quick explaination of what they are for some of the newer players, they were, generally, a quest that you had to do before entering a Raid. For Classic you had to do a (very)long chain to get into Onyxia, had to do a run of Blackrock Depths to do MC, ect. In BC you had to do the main heroics to get into Kara, and had to beat T4 content to do T5(and T5 to get to T6.). What this did, was make a literal path of Progression. You absolutly could not(Till they were removed) hit 60/70 and walk right into the hardest level of content. You HAD to start at the bottom and work your way up(In BC atleast, classic wasn't as strict honestly, and with good reason). This changed in Wrath of the Lich King, where they decided not to add any attunements, aside from Malygos. This then lead to an issue of never going back to previous content once new content came around.

Now, attunements sound pretty good at this point, right? Lets newer players see the older content that, without them, they would never see(ex. A player starting mid-Wotlk and never seeing OS or Ulduar). There was one major issue with it. Say in your guild of 25, which was top of the server, you lost a healer. Maybe they left, or got kicked, what ever. Since you are the best guild, no other guilds have people who are attuned to the content you are working on...so when you get your new healer, you now have to spend a raiding day to go back and get them attuned. Note, you had to do this is people HAD to bring in raiding alts(Say you need a 4th tank, and a DPS has a tank alt). While this certainly didn't happen every week, it would happen more often than most would think.

So, with all that out of the way, here is my suggestion. Guild based attunements.

How would they work? Simple, once the guild has cleared the content they are on, as long as they are in a guild group(Have 8 in a 10 man, and however many in a 25) they are attuned to the next level of content.(Guild group is for, say, bringing in trials, or if you needed to pug.) Pretty basic thought, and it wouldn't be too hard to implement, with how Blizzard is doing the new guild achievements.

So, what this would fix is, in my opinion, the only issue with attunements; forcing people to go back to old content when they have already cleared it as a group. Using the same example, you lost a healer. Recruit another one, and you're good to go. No need to spend an extra raid night just to get that person attuned. On top of that, it would help keep the sense of Progression. Anyone who has done attunements knows that, with them specifically, there is a much greater sense of accomplishment. You just EARNED your way to harder bosses! Guilds would have to work from the ground up(Which they kinda should anyway, as it will help them with later bosses...assuming the higher in tiers you get the harder the bosses) to get to the current tier.

That being said, that's not to say there aren't issues. There are. But I feel it would work better overall than the standard attunements we've seen in the past. And also, speaking on guilds starting at the bottom, Blizzard could always take the attunements away over time. So that when the top tier is the Deathwing tier, you no longer need to do Tier 12 to do Tier 13.

Just a thought. Would love to hear others' opinions.