Cannot Promote to Officer w/ Auth

So my GM is trying to promote some players to the officer rank, but for some reason he cant do it, even if the players have an Auth. We'd rather not go through and create ranks. Any ideas?

It's probably a bug with the ranks, and you may end up having to redo them - other than that, I have no idea. If the person attempting the promotions is indeed the GM, there should be no restrictions. Try redoing the ranks.

15+ Year Old Account
    We had the same bug after founding our guild, but it started working eventually.

The authenticator must be attached to the account for 72h or longer. This is posted somewhere by a blue. Too bad we had auth on our accounts for ages and this still didn't work.

So I think the guy you want to promote must be a member of the guild for 72h+ and/or the promoter must be in that rank for 72h+. But this one is not stated anywhere, it's just my guess. I could not promote new members.

It's probably some intentional limit to defend against account thieves, but they should communicate it somehow.

Are your promoters/promotees new members or newly assigned officers? Is your guild freshly founded?