Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If Paragon would have killed Al'akir before Sinestra, there would have been a QQ thread about why they didn't kill Sinestra first!!!!!!!
    My god, use your brain!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Because Sinestra was the 'prize' kill, its arguably the end boss of the current tier of raiding and a World first Sinestra kill is basically >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> World First Heroic Al'akir
    This.

A Sinestra firstkill was also worth three times as many points as an Al'akir firstkill would have awarded on wowprogress, pretty much ensuring the Nr. 1 spot for the firstkill.

Not something to be neglected either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Paragon is the number one guild in the world, you have no valid reasons to question their ability to annihilate raid content,
    or be mad about how fast they did it.
    Just accept they're better then everyone else in the world, ok bro?
    I see what you did there. I think its because Sinestra has to be unlocked that it makes it more appealing than Al akir.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    Ok, I am a bit annoyed because of this comment. How do you expect Blizzard to make a perfect encounter when only like 0.1% of WoW guilds can get to. How can you expect a perfect fight when no one has put it to the test? Blizzard can only do so much. It's guilds like Paragon that literally shape the form of some encounters for the rest of us. Don't blame Blizzard so much.
    The original Naxxramas was 100% tested internally, and of the few people that actually got to do it, many of them claim it is/was one of if not the best raid ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    The original Naxxramas was 100% tested internally, and of the few people that actually got to do it, many of them claim it is/was one of if not the best raid ever made.
    Original Naxx was on the PTR.

-> http://wow.joystiq.com/2006/05/24/pt...ramas-changes/

15+ Year Old Account
    I would guess it has something to do with Al'Akir phase 1 being massive ass rape in 25man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    ^ reason why i removed first bit of post, please read before trying to quote me for something i wasn't saying
    At the time I posted my reply you hadn't changed it yet.

So I read what you wrote in the first place, and you still said it, even if you deleted it after actually thinking for a few minutes.

So don't tell me to *please read before trying to quote me for something I wasn't saying* when I actually did.

This imply us one thing. Blizzard doesnt have the raid team to test the raid boss encounter. I mean seriously? If they have the team that been raiding 25man in both normal/heroic, they would have known all these bugs and already been hotfixed. Strange, seems like they only have PTR. Cant believe it's that hard to temporary hired WoW players to test their content on daily basis.

Grat on the kill though Paragon. Eventhough it seems to be hotfixed during the fight, surely that shouldnt really happen as we're in the real server already not PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    Paragon is the number one guild in the world, you have no valid reasons to question their ability to annihilate raid content,
    i don't think he's mad or anything. YOU are mad.

It also might have had something to do with the fact that FTH was also up to Sinestra, making that fight a bigger race for world first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simca you have to remember that atramedes was a very buggy encounter. Something else you have to take into account is that paragon and mostly every other hardcore guild used alt groups to test HLK as well plus the fact that 10 man also helped in testing the 25 man version so there were a lot more attempts then 125.

As for sinestra taking 4 days and kiljaeden 4 days I remember sk gaming saying that they had about 120 something attempts on him so he still doesn't compare to HLK.

And honestly if that isn't enough to prove the point I'm trying to make then you should know that Zyn said himself that LK was probably the most brutal encounter they progressed on
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    i don't think he's mad or anything. YOU are mad.
    You missed that the OP edited his first post a lot.

Before the edit, he was only QQing (he even stated that he was mad about it!) that Paragon killed Sinestra so fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabull View Post
    It's because Al'akir isn't worth it.. His loot is crap. Throne of the four winds was a joke of an instance in terms of difficulty, and loot. Fun fights? Hell yes... But it's just a rehashed Karazhan beast bosses.
    It sounds like you have never seen those fights. Yes, the loot is randomized stuff like you got in Kara, but the fights are not dumb. Alakir is pretty hard unless you're a world class player.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 09:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    his loot isn't crap, u get the forlorn tokens..
    Sure as hell Alakir doesn't drop tokens on normal mode (on 10 man).

On the topic: Alakir hardmode is probably impossible right now. Check some videos.
    Last edited by Zka; 2011-01-21 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran View Post
    Well, pretty much everyone (if not in fact everyone) has forsaken Al'akir as being nigh impossible right now. So why not move on to the bosses that you can kill?
    this is point on correct!
    we did a few pulls on alakir... hes jesus on crack and totaly not worth the time. its still not clear if hes even killable in his current state.

beside that: killing sinestra is way more epic! WAY MOAR

I KNOW! cuz this is a HEROIC ONLY BOSS. ala kir is not.
    ggg

they killed sinestra first becuase she was easier than al'akir

they can't kill al'akir yet

Deleted
    You gotta be kidding right? It's a game, get real The best in what? Pressing some buttons? Why would you try and make someone feel bad for something that doesn't matter?

My question to you. Who pays their bills, who byes their food, who takes care of their children so they can press some buttons and spend years and years doing only that so some websites report about how good they are? You sir have no right to even try to offend people.

To be the best in "nothing" is their choice and you have nothing to do with it. To grow old and die before seeing that there is a sun, job, women, men, food, real life outside shouldn't make a person older than 13 feel accomplished in no way. I also play WoW a lot according to the girl in my life that I already live with, but I do it after we have dinner together, after I help a bit at home, after I come back from Rl Work and not after I get the mats for the 525 buff food Profession that is actually what this guild will classify as a JOB?!

My point is just be happy and congratulate those people for doing something that really matters to them and in this case doing it for the first time in the world, but never ever offend other people here and call them noobs or stupid or jealous or mad, it makes you look low...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Also, M'uru and Kil'Jaeden are the supposed gods of raiding, and it took 4 days for both them to be killed.
    Indeed, both M'uru and Kil'Jaeden were grind-tastic without any comparison, I'd love to see the actual wipe count for the first kills for SK-Gaming, Nihilum and some other top guilds that got pre-nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsoul View Post
    It's guilds like Paragon that literally shape the form of some encounters for the rest of us. Don't blame Blizzard so much.
    If it was like that.. so what..!?

Jealous crybabies all over the forums, now THAT is annoying..

All I see nowadays are children crying over either Paragon or Heroic Dungeons being too hard...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mafeel View Post
    You gotta be kidding right? It's a game, get real The best in what? Pressing some buttons? Why would you try and make someone feel bad for something that doesn't matter?

My question to you. Who pays their bills, who byes their food, who takes care of their children so they can press some buttons and spend years and years doing only that so some websites report about how good they are? You sir have no right to even try to offend people.

To be the best in "nothing" is their choice and you have nothing to do with it. To grow old and die before seeing that there is a sun, job, women, men, food, real life outside shouldn't make a person older than 13 feel accomplished in no way. I also play WoW a lot according to the girl in my life that I already live with, but I do it after we have dinner together, after I help a bit at home, after I come back from Rl Work and not after I get the mats for the 525 buff food Profession that is actually what this guild will classify as a JOB?!

My point is just be happy and congratulate those people for doing something that really matters to them and in this case doing it for the first time in the world, but never ever offend other people here and call them noobs or stupid or jealous or mad, it makes you look low...
    Why U mad tho?

Someone woke up on the wrong side here :P

Yeah, well as many others have said, Sinestra is probably alot more prestigeous, and is the actual endboss if this tier, so I guess that's why.