Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mining nodes = GREATLY reduced in Outlands & Northrend area's?

I use to farm mining quite a lot back when I use to play and I've noticed since grinding mining on a new character in Cataclysm that the old world is FULL of nodes in almost every area but in Outlands, there is barely anything at all...and in northrend it's pretty much the same (minus wintergrasp) I use to farm 20 stacks of saronite ore and a stack of titanium ore in 30min-45min in Sholazar basin. I've been here in shol basin for over an hour and ive only got like 4 stacks of saronite and 0 titanium ore. Not to mention no one else is here besides me.

Is this a silent nerf or did they actually mention this somewhere? I've been absent for a long time so I missed it if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man I hope not. I'm leveling with my wife and she's doing mining AND we just got to northrend. She will not be a happy camper. And when she's not happy. Well, you can fill in the rest >>

Deleted
    Yeah, especially outlands is horrible. Leveling JC from scratch was sweet in old world, mining nodes littered the place, could get 4-5 stacks of thorium easily by one loop in winterspring. Then you hit a wall with outlands where a 30 minute loop over hellfire yeilds one stack, if lucky.

Deleted
    Outlands is worst at the moment, i farmed there for hours and come back with very little ore, the nodes are few and far between, if more than 1 person is farming the area, you have no chance in getting good numbers.

Yeap

Just done 3 circles around Sholza basin, no nodes at all wtf lol? I use to be able to keep going around map and the spawn would keep up with me. haven't seen anything for 15minutes now, wtf is going on.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mysticroots View Post
    Outlands is worst at the moment, i farmed there for hours and come back with very little ore, the nodes are few and far between, if more than 1 person is farming the area, you have no chance in getting good numbers.
    Yeah im doing JC as well right now, it's a bit of a pain with this issue...Im too stubborn to buy overpriced stuff on AH so Im just gona keep banging my head against the wall with this.

Thought i was a known fact that node respawn rates are based on the number of toons in an area?

Hence barely any in NR/OL but plenty elsewhere at the moment. EK/Kalimdor full of nodes at the moment due to ppl grinding Archaelogy at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokipaan View Post
    Thought i was a known fact that node respawn rates are based on the number of toons in an area?

Hence barely any in NR/OL but plenty elsewhere at the moment. EK/Kalimdor full of nodes at the moment due to ppl grinding Archaelogy at the moment.
    I know that works for mobs, didn't know that worked for nodes...unless you're just assuming?

Pretty sure it's not true though..

I was the only person in silithus and I was getting a node every 5-10 seconds of flight...just like it use to be (cept flying instead of groundmount)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I am not convinced that resources respawn like that. Investigating

10+ Year Old Account
    I just checked most the mining related articles on wowpedia, they make no mention of respawning based on the number of players.
    Forget everything you know about everything.

Wintergrasp is the only area I can find that has normal spawn rates, everywhere else in northrend is almost empty ( and im the only person in wintergrasp...)

never heard of that. and i've levelled BS, ENG and JC (twice) the hard way. had no problem with saronite and titanium in both icecrown and wintergrasp and out of habit i usually do /who every so often to check out potential competition. both zones deader than dinosaurs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    I just checked most the mining related articles on wowpedia, they make no mention of respawning based on the number of players.
    everything I see suggests that the lower level stuff respawns quicker, which may give the illusion of ek and kal having a faster spawn rate because of archeology, but I am thinking that is a miscorrelation. I'm pretty sure based on what I'm reading there is some sort of cooldown or respawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pretty sure that Outland and Northrend is exactly as they always were, the revamped old areas however have many more nodes now than they used to have.
    I use to fly circles around shozlar basin, and every circle around the map I was getting nodes, each and every single time, probably 10 nodes per circle. I just did 6 circles and gaveup, there was nothing there. Something has def changed. I first noticed it when I went to outlands, it seemed very very very low on resources...then I went to northrend areas that I remember the most and it is the same there as well...

I have a friend that's complaining of the same thing. I haven't leveled mining in a long time since i've already got it maxed on a toon, but while i was in Outlands (during Wotlk) leveling the levels flew by, literally out of Outlands again in about 1-2 hours and onto Northrend. As for Northrend, while i'm going about my UP HC and dailies i'm constantly finding nodes, especially titanium, they're everywhere for me. I recently leveled herbalism in Outlands too, and had no problems finding herbs, i can't help but think if they nerfed mining nodes they would probably nerf herbalism nodes with them, i see no decrease.

there is possibly underground miners/hackers doing their thing, as i've not seen any mention of changes to outland/northrend spawn rates and when i levelled mining on my second pally just after cata, i had no problems

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    there is possibly underground miners/hackers doing their thing, as i've not seen any mention of changes to outland/northrend spawn rates and when i levelled mining on my second pally just after cata, i had no problems
    I agree. Blizzard has no reason to nerf the amount of nodes available, but with Outland and Northrend more dead than ever, now is a perfect time for hackers to farm those continents and that is more than likely the reason for any perceived shortage of nodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is just an illusion since the nodes in the EK and Kalimdor have the exact same spawn rate as before Cata but back then you had to use a ground mount to farm the mining nodes quickly (150% speed) and now we got flying mounts (280%/310%).

Deleted
    Nah it's not underground miners. Like codsafish is saying, wintergrasp is fine. Cata areas are also fine, I get tons in hyjal even if I just repeatedly loop, even with other miners there.

I noticed this also when I was grinding mining a week into release of Cata. Sholazar was always the hot spot for saronite, it was empty. I also had a route that I used to take in Icecrown that was a good spot for saronite/titanium, it was empty. /who and it's empty.

After getting to the level to be able to do Twilight Highlands, after doing ALL of the quests, and finding 10 nodes on the minimap, looking down and being able to see it from the sky, and it disappearing when you get to it but it still shows on your minimap dot, is even more depressing. Nodes, should not be phased. A friend of mine ticketed a GM about this and their response was, "Resources are not phased, it's purely someone collecting the node first." This is not true.