Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I don't see how making it a bigger pain in the ass to use would help anyone.
    This ^

Maybe if it granted an added bonus for clicking... something menial like a short simple buff....could even be talented or glyphed.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuseason View Post
    Maybe if it granted an added bonus for clicking... something menial like a short simple buff....could even be talented or glyphed.
    I think reworking the glyph to add a bonus to healing received (~10%) when under the effect of lightwell renew might be nifty, but it really doesn't need it.

In randoms I make it a point to remind everyone up front of the expanded range from which it can be clicked, that it doesn't use a GCD, and that it doesn't deselect their target. If it's down and there's heavy party damage, I tend to favor providing extra healing to those who use it. Not that I neglect those who don't, but I have no issue when a dps complains "I need heals" pointing out if they're not using it. If they continue to ignore it and damage they're taking could be managed via lightwell, I'll generally just not heal them at all at that point and if they die they have only theirselves to blame.

Macro with /say and saying on vent "Lightwell in the middle" "Lightwell to the right of ranged" etc works well. I also remind people during heavy hitting phases to use it if I see that it's staying up through them and not being used.

Also you can add the "Lightwell Renew" buff to grid or w/e raid frames you use - you can also do live parses with WoL and it's super easy to 1. set up 2. run a live log and 3. look for healing done by Lightwell.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

The only thing I can see really improving Lightwell would be a very faint aura/outline so you can see the click range. So many people keep running all the way over to it and clicking it, even after I explain they can do it from 20 yards away.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I suggest just making it bigger so people will notice it easier^^.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Deleted
    As people have said, having a summon cast isn't viable at all. I'm happy with Lightwell now, as long as people are trained to use it (more and more with every run). The only real improvement I could possibly see with Lightwell would be something like this...

Make it so that it works as it currently does for everybody, apart from the priest that put it down. For the priest that put it down, when he clicks on it, the heal works like the Atonement/AA disc mechanic, healing the lowest health target within 15 yards. It would probably be required that the priest can only do this a maximum of 2-3 times per lightwell, to stop everybody just assuming that they don't have to click it because the priest will do it for them.

Alternatively, keep it how it is now but, have the above happen automatically every say, 30 seconds? So every 30 secs the lightwell automatically lets off a charge and heals somebody, in addition to them being able to click on it at any time.

This way, if people click it, they get their heals. And if they don't, lightwell will still put out some small amount of healing, while still maintaining its niche of requiring people to use it themselves to gain maximum benefit. But as i said, i am happy with how it is right now, just throwing out some hypothetical suggestions.

yo i scream on vent
    "USE THE FUCKING LIGHTWELL"
    that seems to help
    in nef fights when i go on the pillar... within a couple of mins my light well is gone

Deleted
    Only problem I'm having with Lightwell is that some bosses, Magmaw for instance, have such a huge hitboxes that it's annoying to rotate the camera to the right angle to be able to click it while tanking.

7/10 times if it's not called out that a lightwell is being put down, I don't notice it. If it was something that was down 100% of the time then sure, I'd always make sure to know where it was and click it when needed, but since it's not, I feel it's a little unreasonable to expect me to be looking for it full time when there is usually nothing to be found. Just a simple "lightwell down" on vent works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    my guildie has a macro that tells you how much mana his heals cost and what they heal for, then how much mana his light well take (0 duh) and how much it heals for, its quite effective.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

I wouldn't worry people seem to find my lightwell quite easily when I'm dueling someone as holy in Elwynn Forrest.

I'm in love with Lightwell when ever our Disc priest goes Holy (he doesn't do that often though), but these two quotes pretty much sum up my trouble with Lightwell:

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    I just /facepalm when after placing a LW 'near enough' to the proper tanking location a tank pulls a particularly large boss right on top of a LW making it making it very difficult for people to click amidst the mob's hitbox and melee.

Yes, you may be able to set up macros to automate the lightwell targeting / usage / return to target, but convincing people to try to manage 3 actions between their attacks just seems pointless when it's difficult enough to get them to consider one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    Only problem I'm having with Lightwell is that some bosses, Magmaw for instance, have such a huge hitboxes that it's annoying to rotate the camera to the right angle to be able to click it while tanking.
    It might be me being the retard, but there are a lot of times where the bosses hitbox is... weird. Or that the Boss is right up in your face and then when he moves, he/she puts it's fat ass in the way of the Lightwell. But the healing of Lightwell is epic and it's always nice to hear a: "God damn you like Lolwell, dont you?" from the priest!
    Pilot: We've got a little situation ladies and gentlemen.
    Samuel: What seems to be the problem, Mr. pilot, sir?
    Pilot: There are snakes on the plane.
    Samuel: FFFFFFUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by Zathog View Post
    When I'm on my Priest, I tell everyone that if I don't see DPS clicking the lightwell they're not getting healed. It's a core healing tool and extremely powerful. Almost everybody has agreed and not given any trouble. I'll still rescued the odd awful DPS from dying who can't follow orders but I'll never top them up, that's what the lightwell's for. The approach works for me, it seems dickish but the DPS need to think about it. Why should I waste my time and mana topping people up when there's a thing on the ground that can do it for them whenever they want?
    This.

As a hunter, I love clicking on the Lightwell - it tops me up nicely and it means that the healer can concentrate on keeping tanks and dummies who like standing in fire alive. It costs me NO dps time, does a good job and makes me and my healer happy.

WTB a macro that makes my pet click on the Lightwell though... :-P

If you going for HM, LW are definitely a life saving tools on some fights.
    Just from the top of my head
    Halfus KB on P2, your active healers will mostly focus on the tanks, you are getting KB, 1 click = not dieing.
    If you got a raider who wont use them, you don't need to educate him, you need to replace him

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 12:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina View Post
    WTB a macro that makes my pet click on the Lightwell though... :-P
    WTB a pet that realize black goo on the floor is a "no no"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykus View Post
    This one time, I wanted to click the Lightwell, and suddenly I was on top of Magmaw's head, not knowing what to do.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

GL with your campaign for more lightwell clickage. I can't even get people to move 5 yards into the big puddle of healing rain when I'm on my shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbf View Post
    GL with your campaign for more lightwell clickage. I can't even get people to move 5 yards into the big puddle of healing rain when I'm on my shaman.
    Yeah, sometimes they don't move into Holy Word: Sanc, either. I like to point it out, too. "See that pretty circle of northern lights? That's something helpful to stand in, you idiot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svenofnine View Post
    Yeah, sometimes they don't move into Holy Word: Sanc, either. I like to point it out, too. "See that pretty circle of northern lights? That's something helpful to stand in, you idiot!
    But you just KNOW that if instead of healing it gave +haste or +crit there wouldn't be enough space inside for all the peeps.

Deleted
    wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/skadalightwell.aspx

Fucking love it! From one of the officers in our guild.

So you can track lightwell usage from your guildies. ;-)