Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omarian View Post
    I would like to hear opinions from preferably tanks, but others can let their harts out aswell

I have my Deathknight at level 85 not so long after my Shaman was.
    I'm a tank and always will be. And while tanking I overtime noticed something interesting concerning the LFD-tool.
    As a tank it's a fact that your "Random Heroic"-queue has an average of 0.83 seconds. Now the thing is that you come across a lot of "In Progress" runs.
    Now I've experienced that I can get 5 minute Random Heroics out of this, so if you want a quick amount of Valor Points, this is in fact thé fastest way to do your Daily. This by leaving and joining the queue till an "In Progress" run pops up.

As for me now, I've been doing my daily this way ever since. It usually takes around 2 minutes before I come across an "In Progress" run, but sometimes it is instantly. Doing this while watching TV or doing a JC-Daily or what ever, will make my time even productive whilest making my Daily Heroic shorter.
    And yes, I'm a very social person, I like to play with other people; if they just are nice, play decent and don't fuck about. Sadly this is not the case 90% of the time, which makes me waste my time.
    And yes, I can clearly say that I'm a very good tank, it's my alt, but I'm very skilled in tanking aswell, if the dps/healer die due to AoE dmg 8 out of 10 times I can solo the boss still. I always get a lot of compliments when finished, or during the process of a heroic.

So now my question for you tanks is:
    Do you do this aswell? Would you do this?
    (Proper tanks only, as I don't like tanks in semi dps gear, greenies and other kinds of shit )

For the lovely fewers:
    What do you think of this?
    (Please I don't want a flamewar, if you're not suited with this, please say so and give a nice explanation why)

/The Situation
    off topic: if a healer dies and you can solo a boss that good but not "that" good im a hunter and i deterrance/ cc tanked the second boss of heroic throne of tides while toping dps chart and keeping his enrage tranqed(tank died at 47% boss health)
    on topic: but on my tank alt ive never even thought of this approach i might try it sometime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievr View Post
    Personally, as a healer, I *hate* tanks who do this. From my end, it's 50+ "Your group is ready"-messages, instantly declined or timed out by the tank when I'm trying to start a new dungeon. I actually wish that declining a dungeon would put you on a few seconds dungeon cooldown, increased in time when you repeat it. Yes. It's *that* annoying.
    Same here, as healer and dps. I'd love if it would show who you're grouped with before you get to the instance sometimes.

I dread in-progress runs on my healer, as more often than not the previous healer was kicked "for being rubbish" when it quickly becomes apparent the rest of the group like standing in shit. If I'm unable to heal through their stupid either, chances are the group completely disbands after a wipe or two and I've just wasted my time and got a nice repair bill. I also hate when people re-queue in the middle of a wipe, or re-queue then carry on without a healer and start a wipe, porting me into the middle of it for a nice instant boost to my repair bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anciant View Post
    off topic: if a healer dies and you can solo a boss that good but not "that" good im a hunter and i deterrance/ cc tanked the second boss of heroic throne of tides while toping dps chart and keeping his enrage tranqed(tank died at 47% boss health)
    on topic: but on my tank alt ive never even thought of this approach i might try it sometime
    I don't really understand your first sentence, but I admire people who atleast try things like this, and even doing things like this are the best. I just love it how some people know how to play to get the best out of their game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Well I hit 85 four days after release, so I've been working on my gearing. I've pretty much wiped the JP vendor, and heroic bosses clean of anything I need. So I usually always only join ones in progress. Still the same short queue I experience when looking for a full run. One thing I don't like is queuing for a specific; I never get in progress dungeons always fresh ones.

I know it probably pisses people off when the tank declines, but hell. I just need my daily. Not going to sit through a three hour heroic just to benefit random people from getting pissed.

When you choose a specific the system does it's best to find you a fresh one. The reasoning behind this is that you probably want something from the dungeon (gear, achieve or just to experience it) and since there is no way of knowing which part of the dungeon it is that you want then it's better to make sure you get all of it.

As a tank I wouldn't mind getting a in progress when I've chosen a specific because I could just deny and requeue if I wanted something from the start but I wouldn't want to be a DPS that needs something from first boss and a in progress comes up after 45min waiting.
    Last edited by Zevulon; 2011-01-21 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Then everybody would just queue with the best geared, and the people who just hit 85 would never get groups.

If you mean you're able to inspect people, then decide if you want to join the instance. Not sure if that's what you meant.
    I just mean so you can ignore people who queue up and instantly cancel (one time doing wrath normals, it was obvious there was this one tank queueing up and cancelling instantly, over and over. Took ages to form a proper group), but I guess it would have that side effect - oh well

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip OP. Lately I found myself tanking less and less, primarily because it takes too damn long. If I want to spend 1.5-2 hours on a HC I’d rather raid instead.
    The often retarded pugs and totally obnoxious people populating them don’t help either.
    I agree with the people here who leaves after the first rude comments; I’ve started to do the same.

Going to try the re-queue method tonight.

As a dps, I HATE getting in progress runs. I wait 30 mins then get in a group that falls apart cus the tank is naked or something stupid like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    As a dps, I HATE getting in progress runs. I wait 30 mins then get in a group that falls apart cus the tank is naked or something stupid like that.
    Or that the dps are totally clueless to cc:ing or standing in shit.

Deleted
    I never thought about it. This is brilliant and I will certainly start doing it!

I do whatever daily heroic pops up. I don't need much 346 stuff anymore but I would'nt condemm the group who maybe waited ages to another tanksearch. If it's Grim Batol in Progress and I can't see the floor due to the skeletons, I might chicken but a good tank can and should make a difference.

But I usually take 1-4 guild mates with me making in progress runs rather rare.

Deleted
    People like the OP are the reason why the dungoen finder system is fucked up...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yai View Post
    Nah it's the people who use it who fuck it up I'm just one of the better players who doesn't like to waste 1.5 hour in a 30 minute heroic ^^ kkthnx

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did it several times, and there was one funny moment yesterday.
    I entered lfd as a tank on my pally, and in 2 secs the invite popped out, saying that a dungeon in progress awaits me. As I had little time then I was rather happy with this, but to my disappointment it was Halls of Origination and I found a pug standing right on the corpse of the first boss

Aren't guys like OP actually doing a good thing this way? See, which group is in more need of a tank: the one which is left w/o a tank in the middle of the instance or the one which is not even matched to each other?
    Last edited by Dreyks; 2011-01-21 at 01:31 PM.

Never did this and never will. I just join the first LFD i get assignet to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this will get hotfixed, burn you selfish imbeciles. ;P
    Thundercunts and stuff

Deleted
    You are put at the top of the queue if a player declines the invite, so you get the very first available tank in your battlegroup.

I don't think OP's actions make much of a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're the tank that leaves before I can accept the queue?

Thanks.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    As a healer I am a bit afraid of In Progress runs. What you gotta realise is that the previous healer have left the group while not being done with the dungeon, not having his random valor points and cash.

In progress runs usually mean that the tank is bad and I will have heal aggro, dps is really low or people are offensive, someone is not doing anything on purpose etc... Or any combination of those described. For a tank this doesnt mean much, you will just tank some mobs longer or whatever, healer is the one who has to pick up the slack.

I always do my hc:s with guildies, very fast and easy =p

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    So you're the tank that leaves before I can accept the queue?

Thanks.
    So you're the DPS that goes AFK and have to wait the 50 seconds of message because you're fapping or something?