Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Maximizing usage of Core of Ripeness

So I have never been a fan of "on use" trinkets, because I always forget about to use it... Is there any smart way of maximizing it? I have thinking about some macro but i dont know the best way to, well, macro it.

Got any tip and hints about "on use" trinkets? I desperately need it!

Deleted
    Healbot allows you to autouse trinkets on spells, if i have an on use, this maximises the usage ^^

Don't buy it! Maximum usage of valor points?

15+ Year Old Account
    get your shamans to put /ra MANA TIDE HOOOOOO in their Mana Tide macro and use it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    get your shamans to put /ra MANA TIDE HOOOOOO in their Mana Tide macro and use it then.
    That. Although this will not work next patch..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by farekim View Post
    So I have never been a fan of "on use" trinkets, because I always forget about to use it... Is there any smart way of maximizing it? I have thinking about some macro but i dont know the best way to, well, macro it.

Got any tip and hints about "on use" trinkets? I desperately need it!
    i had the same problem, the way i solved it(and it worked), is to put the trinket somewhere close to your other important spells/abilities in your action bar, just so you know that you also have a trinket that you can use. Later when i get used to using a trinket i made a macro ctrl-t, and put to trinket somewhere else.

Macroing it to spells has it's ups and downs. Yes you're using it every cooldown - but you're probably also using it right on the pull, which is not ideal since you'll be sitting at full mana and in most cases there won't be a crap ton of healing that needs to go out right at the start and you won't need the regen.

You can use a power aura to remind you that it's up - the only problem is getting used to using it the first time. Try to put out a lot of tank healing at the start or something & use it about 1min into the fight then every cd thereafter.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

As a bloodelf I can advise putting it next to your arcane torrent - that way you just hit both every time when you're down 10k mana, and then on cd after that. I'm sure you can macro or hotkey it into a single bind, but I prefer it this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a holy paladin, I'm just gonna macro it to Divine Plea and auto-attack/judge 'til the Plea wears off. Ofc, only in non-heal intensive situations...

I have my trinkets macroed to the spells I normally use, via macros and Healbot.
    I also have unmacroed spells on my normal action bars that I can use at the pull, if necessary, to avoid using the trinkets at the start.

However, I've found it just as well to use my macroed spells on the pull because on many enounters the tanks seems to take a load of initial damage right at the start of the encounter.

Deleted
    I personally have it bound with Chakra which I use alot, and I can then also press the Chakra key I have bound to use the trinket even if Chakra is on cooldown. I also have an unbound, unmacro'd version of Chakra that I click to go into a Chakra before a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    As a bloodelf I can advise putting it next to your arcane torrent - that way you just hit both every time when you're down 10k mana, and then on cd after that. I'm sure you can macro or hotkey it into a single bind, but I prefer it this way.
    Theres nothing wrong with pressing both, but incase anyone else would like the macro for both it would be

#showtooltip Arcane Torrent
    /use 13 or /use 14 (13 for top trinket, 14 for bottom trinket)
    /cast Arcane Torrent
    Last edited by mmoc9eeaaea509; 2011-01-21 at 03:48 PM.

I used to have my use effect trinkets macroed into a spell, such as this:

Code:
    #showtooltip Greater Heal
    /use [combat] Core of Ripeness
    /cast [combat] Inner Focus
    /cast Greater Heal
    This will only use your trinket (and inner focus cooldown) if you cast GH while in combat.

I still use this method for +spellpower trinkets, but since Cataclysm came out, I've been macroing my regen trinkets (currently Tyrande's Favourite Doll) into Archangel.

Code:
    #showtooltip Archangel
    /use [combat] Tyrande's Favourite Doll
    /cast Archangel
    I've also set up TellMeWhen, a wonderful addon capable of tracking buff, debuffs, spell cooldowns and item cooldowns. It's pretty simple to set up as well!

You can simply download the addon, place the bar(s) wherever you want, ask an icon to track Core of Ripeness item cooldown and to display it when its usable. You can even add conditions, like for instance it only displays my Archangel/Tyrande's macro if I'm under 90% mana.

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    I personally have it bound with Chakra which I use alot, and I can then also press the Chakra key I have bound to use the trinket even if Chakra is on cooldown. I also have an unbound, unmacro'd version of Chakra that I click to go into a Chakra before a fight.
    Why didn't I think of this!

By the way, if you want to only have one Chakra button, you can have the following macro:

Code:
    #showtooltip Chakra
    /cast Chakra
    This lets you have only one chakra button on your bars, because the trinket won't activate if you're not in combat.

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    *snip*
    Wow great post. [as well as to Tsjb]. Thanks so much for that [combat] thing, can't believe I never knew about that! Now if only it prevented "Equip" procs :P

I think I need to look into TellMeWhen as well
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    I have Arcane Torrent macro'd to Tyrande's Favorite Doll. I use it once a minute, so if AT is on CD, it still uses the doll (between 4.2% and 5% of my mana).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chob View Post
    Exactly what I do. Fire them both on cooldown as soon as Im less than 93% mana.

The trinket's spirit is something over 1k combat mana regen (I'm not logged in right now) for 20 seconds, so popping it will return somewhere between 4-5k mana over it's duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelations View Post
    That. Although this will not work next patch..
    Nope. It will also be totally unnecessary. Shaman will be stacking Spirit in 4.0.6 more than Holy Priests are now. I'm actually shocked that it's going live when Blizzard should be fully aware of the mass regem/regear to Spirit for Shaman that is coming when it goes live. Goodbye Shadow Priests, there's a new mana battery in town.

Maximising your use of 'on use' trinkets is one of the things that seperates a decent player and a very good player. In this case you have an on use that basically equates to some value of mana x over 20 sec. There isn't too much to maxmise but if you do happen to have some sort of temp Int proc from another trinket or spellthread, you would gain a bit more mana activating the trinket while that is active. If you want to get even more pro, tracking the ICD of that proc and activating the trinket whent he proc comes off ICD will ensure that the 10 or 15sec proc will gain the full benefit of your extra spirit rather than reacting to it and missing out on a second or 2.

Considering what you posted I'd probably just stick with the suggestions to macro it in to your spells, thereby ensuring you use it and getting at least some effectiveness out of it... however there would be ways to get even more out of it but it requires you to care a bit and execute it correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the in combat tip, didn't know i could do that either

What I do is I just hold off on using it until I hit ~75% mana, then I usually end up using it again at 50% mana, then using it again around 25-30% along with Sfiend and Hymn. Depends on the fight, though. I don't ever use it if I'm above 80% mana, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Nope. It will also be totally unnecessary. Shaman will be stacking Spirit in 4.0.6 more than Holy Priests are now. I'm actually shocked that it's going live when Blizzard should be fully aware of the mass regem/regear to Spirit for Shaman that is coming when it goes live. Goodbye Shadow Priests, there's a new mana battery in town.
    Shadow priests haven't been a mana battery since sunwell....

Way to fail.