Archaeology, racechange, is it worth it?

How good is dwarfen racial for archaeology? Tried a little as dwarf on PTR, but could not notice any diffrence at all. Still get 3-6 fragments for each dig. It's hard to really notice a diffrence till you maybe were at 30 digsites, and check how many fragments you got, compared to a non dwarf. Can you get 7 fragments as dwarf? Do it say when you get a bonus fragment? Or is it tablets, scrolls etc that drop more frequent?

How do it work? :S

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggression View Post
    How good is dwarfen racial for archaeology? Tried a little as dwarf on PTR, but could not notice any diffrence at all. Still get 3-6 fragments for each dig. It's hard to really notice a diffrence till you maybe were at 30 digsites, and check how many fragments you got, compared to a non dwarf. Can you get 7 fragments as dwarf? Do it say when you get a bonus fragment? Or is it tablets, scrolls etc that drop more frequent?

How do it work? :S
    yeah well the racial is broken m8
    so don't bother.

oh yeah and blizzard doesnt care

Dwarf racial works fine. On live as a dwarf with maxed Archaeology, I get 3, 5, or 7 fragments per dig. Dwarves get 15% more fragments per dig rounded to the nearest whole number. So, you can figure out how many more fragments you would get as a dwarf by adding 15% to what you actually dug up.

2 -> 2.30 -> 2
    3 -> 3.45 -> 3
    4 -> 4.60 -> 5
    5 -> 5.75 -> 6
    6 -> 6.90 -> 7

Also, while the shorter survey time seems inconsequential, I like saving half a second every time. That is half a second more time to mount or start running. When you are surveying 6-8 times per site, it feels faster anyway.

What I did was made my dwarf DK my archaeologist. Faster flying speed + faster run speed + dwarf racial is great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heh when I decided to lvl arch on my dranai shaman, I immediately noticed that I was only getting 2-4 fragments, with 2 bieng most common, whereas on my dwarf warrior I got 2/3/5 at the start, which made me almost quit bc I figured its not really worth it since I had it on my warrior. Then I remembered the race change option, and thought I had heard another race could be shaman now besides dranai, so I checked and sure enough dwarf was an option :P. I hate dranai anyways so I immediately changed and it is so much nicer imo. It may not seem like a lot but it really does help.

I've actually gotten 8 once. Dwarf shaman ftw :>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutiel View Post
    I've actually gotten 8 once. Dwarf shaman ftw :>
    Err how is that possible? Do shamans get extra or something?

definately NOT worth it for a race change

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    definately NOT worth it for a race change
    I agree with the HOT avatar.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    you'll gain on average 2 extra fragments per dig site,
    so about 15% more,
    (assuming the 3/4/6 are equal in drop chance)