Looking for a cheap laptop (UK)

Hey guys,

My dad is looking for a cheaply priced laptop, usually i would shop around and read reviews to ensure i can get him the most for his money. However i cam currently in the middle of my exams at university and i dont keep up to date on such things.

He basically only uses the laptop for facebook and playing online poker, however i dont want to just get some 8.9in net book with 1 gig of memory which wont go far. Can someone who is up to scratch with recent developments reccomend a laptop that fits these needs with the added element of longevity. It doesnt need to be able to run any form of games or amazing graphics, just want it to run well and effective for a good while to come.

Probably looking in the price range of between £200-300 with the middle of that being the preferred area rather than the top.

Many thanks for any help people can provide

15+ Year Old Account
    Netbook is your best bet. You can get decently powered ones; Acer Aspire One, ASUS 1015T, list goes on. For that price you're better off with a 10"+ netbook than a laptop.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    have a look at www.bigpockets.com or www.ebuyer.com they have some good deals on there... I've brought a couple of secondhand lappys from bigpockets for £150 for my kids for christmas as all they do is surf the net, facebook, and the odd game on miniclip / friv / fog.. apart from that they use their x-boxes for gaming...