How to open as Feral?

Hey everyone. I just got to 85 on my feral druid not too long ago, and im getting into heroics and whatnot. What I need help with mostly is the opening roation. Im fine with keeping up my bleeds and SR, its just i find how I open really plays a big part in my dps on the boss. Ive been getting mixed opinions about it, and would really love some help on what I should do when opening on a boss. Thanks.

PS. I know to FC+FF, its what comes after that is the problem

Please Please read the sticky in the forums. It already covers all of this.

Cat Guide

FC-Ravage!-Mangle-TF-Rip-Rake-Shred-SR-Berserk

Quote Originally Posted by Darkles View Post
    a bird told me that you should , FC-Mangle-shred-TF-Ravage-Rake/rip-SR

NOT this... the sticky has all your info.

Nah, depending on the class your gonna open on, if its a mage you dont do FC in stealth, you save it for when he blinks..
    On other classes though you open on, FC stealthed-, pounce in stealth ( 1 CB) ------> Free ravage ( 2 cp) ------> mangle ( 3cp) ------> rake ( most likely 5 cp), rip ----> TF ---> shred ----> SR ---- > spam shred, keep up rake, rip, do FB when you can, and keep up SR if its a fight where you can nuke without getting cced as hell, if you dont get good uptime on the target, then SR isnt really that good

If its a rogue start with faerie fire, then rake, ( Ofc u do FC pounce then free ravage first) before doing mangle and the rest, reason why u should start with faerie fire before rake is because he can vanish while bleeding being able to stun you before the bleed ticks, but if u get faerie up first he would have to use cloak
    Last edited by Qercury; 2011-02-14 at 01:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Somertonz View Post
    would really love some help on what I should do when opening on a boss. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qercury View Post
    Nah, depending on the class your gonna open on, if its a mage you dont do FC in stealth, you save it for when he blinks..
    On other classes though you open on, FC stealthed-, pounce in stealth ( 1 CB) ------> Free ravage ( 2 cp) ------> mangle ( 3cp) ------> rake ( most likely 5 cp), rip ----> TF ---> shred ----> SR ---- > spam shred, keep up rake, rip, do FB when you can, and keep up SR if its a fight where you can nuke without getting cced as hell, if you dont get good uptime on the target, then SR isnt really that good

If its a rogue start with faerie fire, then rake, ( Ofc u do FC pounce then free ravage first) before doing mangle and the rest, reason why u should start with faerie fire before rake is because he can vanish while bleeding being able to stun you before the bleed ticks, but if u get faerie up first he would have to use cloak
    Read the opening post next time maybe? giving pvp advice to someone asking for pve advice isn't gonna help much.

Not to mention this is an old thread at this point that you decided to revive . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Fannar View Post
    a bird told me that you should , FC-Mangle-shred-TF-Ravage-Rake/rip-SR
    A druid is telling u that is wrong noone SR's anymore unless its direct standstill dps...

My opener push's 33-37k dps on most non gimmick fights.

Prepot-FF-FC-Ravage-Mangle-Rake(insert shred if not at 5pts) Rip TF then str8 into Berserk Shred to 5 Fero bite Shred to 4 Reapply rake Fero bite then work to 5 for reapplication of rip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Read the opening post next time maybe? giving pvp advice to someone asking for pve advice isn't gonna help much.
    This, along with an old post and has already been answered. Closing this.