10+ Year Old Account

Website concept ideas

Hello MMO

Im gonna let you know a little about myself, I am an aspiring programmer. I am going to college soon. I had this idea to create a website, and its actually one of my goals is to make a website that everyone uses, references etc.

I recently came across a "writers block" except im a programmer (hehe)
    I cant think of any website thats already been done before. I want to have a website.. or at least a rough general website up.

But I cant think of ANYTHING to do.
    -Game coverages have already been done.
    -New Technology has already been done

Something that can be related with technology, or anything for that matter.

I just came here to ask of you if you have any ideas that is original.

thanks
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.

Deleted
    Originality is hard. Quality is as well. If you compare the two with the current internet, you'll see that Quality should be your competetive edge. Find something that interests you, work it out from there.

Granted, there may be tons of websites dedicated to any given subject, but a lot have blaring problems. The famous ones are the ones where the idea was coupled with an artistic vision and backed with quality. Be it mmo-champion, geeksaresexy or i-am-bored, they all took a concept that's been done before, bent it to their own artistic vision and then backed it up with a solid foundation. Then they just let shit get viral

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a website you think is very useful, people use it on a regular basis. Replicate it if possible. Think of features that you think that website would attract more users with, or just be cleaner/better with in general. You now have that website, except with better features This may be difficult :P and a lot of people don't exactly want to recreate an existing website, but that's sort of like what you said with originality.

Most of the popular websites aren't original ideas. They don't always do it better than everyone else. They just have better packaging and/or marketing.

Google was not the first search engine. It was just a clean, well-formatted, easy-to-use interface and a good search engine.

WoW was not the first MMO. Blizzard targeted low-end users by keeping the requirements to run the game low, and focused on clean graphics and smooth gameplay.

You might want to look at smartphone apps as well. Look at some popular apps and try to decide how they can be done better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I GOT IT
    omg. the idea came while watching a rush video
    Originally Posted by rëtribution
    hey, look at me. I'm needlessly escalatory and waving my newfound retribution paladin prowess around at people as if it means anything. Pay attention to me, i got achievements on the tail end of an expansion, clearly i'm better than you.