Deleted

Dumb questions about Improved Power Word: Shield

So I'm making a Shadowpriest-Archangel PvP build, and I notice 99% of PvPers with this build taking 2/3 in Mental Agility rather than Imp Shield.

Is this because Imp Shield is pretty useless in PvP, or because Mental Agility is so useful in PvP? (Or both?)

Secondly, the talent calculators I'm looking at STILL mention "plus an additional 30% when the shield is cast on the Priest". Just want some clarification, has that change definitely been reverted in beta, or not?

Thanks for bearing with me

Quote Originally Posted by Dezplezzed View Post
    So I'm making a Shadowpriest-Archangel PvP build, and I notice 99% of PvPers with this build taking 2/3 in Mental Agility rather than Imp Shield.

Is this because Imp Shield is pretty useless in PvP, or because Mental Agility is so useful in PvP? (Or both?)
    Currently, because Shield is terrible. And +10% to terrible is still terrible. Shadow has some mana troubles right now, and needing to blow your defensive cooldowns to not run OoM is pretty bad, so that's why Mental Agility is being taken over Improved Terrible Word: Shield.

Secondly, the talent calculators I'm looking at STILL mention "plus an additional 30% when the shield is cast on the Priest". Just want some clarification, has that change definitely been reverted in beta, or not?
    Completely reverted. But shield itself has been buffed to hell, so it's definitely worth the points for 20% extra all the time.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Ahah, thanks very much!

I'll stick with the Imp Shield then, if it's going to be good after the patch