Shadow DPS is the same on Live + PTR?

Just as the subject says, my dps is consistently the same on both the PTR and Live servers..

I see my Mind Blast hitting like a truck and I am using it off CD more often, but my DPS is the same...

What gives?

Anyone else see this issue ? I had assumed we were getting a dps buff here! Maybe not the case. =[

You're doing it wrong.

Care to elaborate?

I don't see why there's a need for elaboration.

If nothing has been nerfed, and one of the spells received a major buff, its only logical to have an increase in your DPS
    If you did not get an increase, then its logical to think you are doing something wrong.
    If you really want an elaboration, check to make your buffs and the target's debuff are consistent on both live and PTR servers.
    Last edited by zsun; 2011-01-22 at 01:43 AM.

Possibly this issue?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1921985977

Test it, and bumb that thread up. It needs some attention.

Thanks Jon, I really don't have any clue what I was thinking.. I knew I was going to get a bunch of unhelpful troll posts.

Sounds like that may be my issue here. Jumping on my premade priest and using the same rotation I use on live, I was STILL just barely beating my live DPS.

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 01:52 AM ----------

For some reason I cannot edit my post, sorry for the double.

In addition to our DoTs clipping again, looks like our new Mind Blast doesn't land correctly some of the time which would also explain the huge dps loss (in the thousands) on the PTR. (Can't link to the forum post for citation due to new account restrictions on MMOchamp)

Anyways, looks like I wasn't "doing it wrong" c4tuna.
    Last edited by shagnasti; 2011-01-22 at 01:56 AM.

I stand corrected

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shagnasti View Post
    Thanks Jon, I really don't have any clue what I was thinking.. I knew I was going to get a bunch of unhelpful troll posts.
    thats what happens when people dont read up on their classes, you get a bunch of trolls
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2011-01-22 at 04:17 PM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

One reason the dps could be the same is because there actually was a nerf. Yes MB hits 60% harder now but our dmg bonus from orbs is decreased by like 12% now. It seems with these numbers though that you should still be doing more, just ever so slightly.

im smelling a MSx3+MB combo coming. lol