Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    cheer for the jets because they beat new england....and the steelers have already won enough goddam superbowls(they have won the most) and between da bears and the GB, i dont really care! So the jets are the best way to go, and the last superbowl they won was superbowl 3 with Joe Nameth...
    "Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater." - Albert Einstein

  2. #22
    Bears FTW.

    I am supposed to hate the Packers as a Bear fan, but I REALLY FUCKING HATE REX RYAN AND THE TOOLBAG JETS! Seriously, stfu and play. Such a bunch of douchebags.

    So hopefully it will be a Bears vs Steelers Superbowl and hopefully the Bears can win that too.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

  3. #23
    Field Marshal Thedoors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Also, anyone who says DA BEARS is a Chicago native who hopelessly hangs on to the dream that one day, they will actually win at football and should not be listened to. These people also tend to be Cubs fans.
    DAAAAAA BEARS.

    I'm from Springfield, and also support the Cardinals.

  4. #24
    If I was putting money down on these games.. I would not put money down lol.. Both games could go either way with all the teams being quite good. But make sure not to miss the Bears VS Packers game. The oldest rivalry in the NFL in the game to get to the Superbowl.. You know it will be a good game. btw DA BEARS!

  5. #25
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    308
    I'm with Packers this year

  6. #26
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapafied View Post
    If I was putting money down on these games.. I would not put money down lol.. Both games could go either way with all the teams being quite good. But make sure not to miss the Bears VS Packers game. The oldest rivalry in the NFL in the game to get to the Superbowl.. You know it will be a good game. btw DA BEARS!
    I have 500$ to burn. So fuck it. Lets have some fun. I'll go on your recommendations. I'm going with the Steelers, but I need a call on the Packers/Bears game.

  7. #27
    steelers are my team. this team plays like no other. there defense is so good almost every change in the nfl basically has been made because there players. every other team in the nfl are pansy's yeah i said it. only other team besides the steelers worth respect for actually playing hard football are the ravens. when it comes down to it everyone sees how the qauterback AND his squad does crap. but i see a team for a whole. i dont care about scoring. come sunday the jets will lose, what ever you say about LT and how good a halfback he is ur forgetting for the last 15 years the steelers have been in the top 3 in terms of stopping the run and this year isnt any different ,this year there number 1.

  8. #28
    If you are looking for advice to bet on the Packers/Bears, both teams are very strong and it should be a close game. Stats wise the Packers are the better team on Defense and Offense, The Bears however have a better running game and a better Special Teams unit by far. It is also on the Bears home turf. In my opinion Aaron Rodgers is too hard to bet against with the way he is playing, go with the Pack

  9. #29
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,351
    Leaning towards Packers. Babyshaq males a good argument. Any support for the Bears? include reasoning.

  10. #30
    It's really a coin flip between the Bears and the Packers, the odds on Footballoutsiders are 50.6% Packers and 49.4% Chicago.

  11. #31
    Brewmaster Disenchanted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southeast of Disorder
    Posts
    1,289
    Quote Originally Posted by idototems View Post
    [/COLOR]

    The first time it happend i was on your side, the second time i just cant see that happening. Theres no smoke without a fire...
    This is the first time. You cannot count a mentally unstable woman in Nevada who BRAGGED about bedding him to all of her friends, told people at work how great it would be if she got pregnant because of it, and then months later claimed rape?!?!?!

    The girl in Georgia...

    I don't want to be callous. But she followed him from bar to bar. She advertised her, ahem, availability. Flaunted it in fact. Was all over him in at least 2 different bars. If a guy suggests you accompany him to the bathroom, he doesn't want to chat. I'm sure he was rude. He may have even shown bad.... "bedroom courtesy" (considering this was all over an "alternate" form of sex). And I'm absolutely certain he blew her off (no play on words intended) as soon as the liaison was over. "Sexual assault after the fact." No evidence. No corroborating testimony. She even contradicted herself.

    Hey, I'm with you.... or was. when the story first broke, I was livid. Cut him from the team? Suspend him? Hell, I wanted him hung from a bridge. But the more the story fleshed out, the more obvious it became there wasn't smoke here, let alone fire. Had he not been a SB winning QB, this would have blown over inside of a week.

    That said, only an idiot, or an asshat puts himself in that kind of circumstance. So I was going to be fine with whatever consequences came his way.

    It's over. He *seems* to get it now. Even recently got engaged to be married. I hope he settles down and becomes less of a jerk. But a jerk does not a criminal make.

  12. #32
    Brewmaster Robbyjawz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Deadmines
    Posts
    1,434


    How can you not cheer for a beard that epic? Especially when it is playing the Jets?

    Anyways, all that Ben stuff is nuts, I hate QB's out of High School Bias. I was a Defensive End and Free Safety, made several big plays before i was injured, yet no one cared. But when our QB got injured..... Everyone flipped out. I hate QBs because of that, he was a huge asshole too, I was a nice guy. OT though, Ben is fine, innocent until proven guilty.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hey folks.

    So as a Canadian, I really don't follow the NFL. I enjoy watching the sport, but I'm not tied to any one team. My question going into this weekend is, who should I follow?

    We have the Bears, Steelers, Jets, and Packers. (hehe packers..)

    So as a casual fan, what should I know? Who (maybe, wink wink) should I put my $upport behind? Looking forward to the games either way.
    Da Bears!
    But ya, you should root for the bears if you want to be cool.
    And yes i am a cubs fan. But know that someday when one of these teams wins, It will be awesome. That is all.

  14. #34
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    BTW.. where the fuck is Green Bay?
    /sigh

    Go Packers!

    if in doubt root for the team with the smallest market in all of sports, or the team that is owned by the fans. In both cases...that's the Packers.

    Go Pack!

  15. #35
    Blademaster Agent Cards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    31
    Not a fan of really any of the teams that are left but I'll be rooting for the Jets (F the Steelers they annoy the hell out of me) and I'll be rooting for the Bears so I and chant over and over "Daaaaaaa Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears!"

    *RIP Farley* We miss you!

  16. #36
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    55

    Packers win it all

    The Packers have the most momentum of anyone left in the playoffs. they've won 4 consecutive elimination games 2 of which by very convincing margins. in week 16 they murdered the Giants 45-17 and took control of their own destiny. the following week they beat Chicago despite several receivers dropping easy catches that would've been TD's. the packers won that game because the defence was great, the final was GB 10 Chi 3. week one of the post season the packers receivers still ahd the dropsies but they FOUND A RUNNING GAME in James starks, a rookie who missed the first half of the season. starks ran for 123 yards an gave the packers a running game, which si why they beat the eagles, led by Vick, 21-16. last week they played Atlanta, the number 1 seed in the NFC. despite an early turnover by the offence, and despite allowing the longest return in post season history the packers went into Atlanta a team who was 20-2 at home going into the game, 48-21, and had their starters out in the fourth quarter and didnt punt. in that game the packers had the running game that they liked (the packers essentially ignore yards per cary and focus on attempts), and were able to close out the game running the ball. the packers defence limited the falcons to less tan 100 yards total rushing. Aaron Rodgers, The Packers, QB had the best performance in playoff divisional round history going 31-36 for 366 yards 3 tds and 1 rushing td.
    to summarize this wall of text
    The Packers won there last 4 games with there defence playing very well
    the QB on offence is on fire this post season with 7 total tds
    the packers have a running game in james starks, john kuhn, and brandon jackson (mainly starks)
    the last 4 games the packers played they held some of the legues best rushers in amad bradshaw (giants), Matt forte (chicago), all rushers from phily, and mike turner (atlanta) to low rushing totals, which if you put the game entirly on cutlers arm you'll be out however much money you put on the bears.

    how chicago got all there wins.
    game 1 against detroit. a very bad call by the refs who dont know what a TD is
    game 2 at dallas, again it was questionable reffing but this "win" for chicago was tainted because of a refs call that took the last chance romo had against the bears away. the way romo plays the bears would've lost had he been given a fair chance.
    the game they beat green bay. where to start. despit having 18 penalties in the game the packers still would've run if the ref wasnt blind and didnt call a pass interference call that negated a game winning pick by (I think it was) tramon williams. on chicago's last drive there were 2 penalties against the packers, both bullshit that kept chicagos drive alive and ended up with them winning.
    there win against buffalo was legit, but they only beat an 0-7 team by a field goal
    there win against the brad childress (dumbest head coach ever) vikings as legit.
    when they played miami there win was tained because miami lost there top 3 qbs that week, and only had 4 days to get a new guy. so yes they won against a guy who didnt knwo jack shit about his job grats noobs. the wow equivalent is a lvl 85 max geared player beating a lvl 1 character. the game was that easy.
    I could go on, but the essence is that in their remaining games they won a majority of the time because of a BS call by a ref.

    here are both teams records against teams with winning records. including the post season
    Chicago 3-3
    Packers 6-3* the * is because one fo the packers losses was without Aaron Rodgers.

    the bears will only win sunday if luck is on there side as that's how they've won all season long.
    1 more interesting stat is that the packers have lost all 6 of there games by a total of 20 pts, and have never trailed all season by more than 7.

    its your money you pick, but the packers will prevail sunday despite what any hillbilly bear fan says, its Da bears and they still suck. hell the bears got in because seattles receivers didnt knwo hoe to catch a fricken ball, if seattles recievers had those receptions the bears wouldnt be in the playoffs.

  17. #37

  18. #38
    Blademaster Mandya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    40
    Past performance is only an indication how one has played, it doesn't mean how one will play on game day. Look at the Pats as the prime example.

    All 4 teams have the ability through player performance and luck to win it all.

    As far as the Packers are concerned they were picked to win the division this year, while the Bears were placed 3rd behind the Vikes. Why are so many people surprised the way they've (Packers) been playing?

    Being from Chicago, of course I'd like to see them win and they've been playing this underdog role for the entire season. People have taken them for granted as an average team and it's burned them.
    Last edited by Mandya; 2011-01-22 at 01:58 PM. Reason: content
    Not much to say other than I'm a Share Holder in ActivisionBlizzard.

  19. #39
    Warchief Northy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    Go pack go!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oicSTRWH_i0

    Green Bay Packers FTW!

    ---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 03:26 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Cards View Post
    Not a fan of really any of the teams that are left but I'll be rooting for the Jets (F the Steelers they annoy the hell out of me) and I'll be rooting for the Bears so I and chant over and over "Daaaaaaa Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears, da Bears!"

    *RIP Farley* We miss you!
    Funny thing is....Chris Farley was from Wisconsin and actually a Packers fan =)

  20. #40
    Bet on the Bears. That way when they win you will make more money.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •