Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I really don't think Rift has gone out of it's way to compete with WoW, more like it has tried to give players who are bored of WoW something slightly different to play.

Sure the leveling is very similar, some of the PVP is similar, dungeons are similar, but they have given players lots of options to do things differently.

Whether it will live for years and years, who know, I doubt another MMO will live like WoW has now, WoW is now Activision Blizzards cash cow, hence why it is being toned down to cater to everyone. The future lies in games such as DCUO, Rift, GW2 and SW:TOR for gamers bored with WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    It makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside because you actually believe that spending all your days posting junk on a forum actually forms some sort of viable picture of why game X is better than game Y or why person Z will buy game X and stop playing game Y while promoting his choice on forum W that you've been spending the better part of your life on for the last few years.

Myself, I will play rift, I have less than 100 posts but that is simply because I've not signed up for MMOchampion until after cataclysm was out and theres a good reason for that, you see most posts here could just aswell belong on the official boards for wow, theres simply so much crying going on that I've had no interest in doing so, but with the release of cataclysm I actually saw afew fine threads pop up where people were talking in a civilized manner, so I joined up.

Oh well, I hope you have fun in cataclysm, I sure did until I tried the arena again, how silly of me.
    Regardless, come by with something constructive rather than post-counts, silly troll.
    So making an account to bitch about a game you're bored of is better? I see, I see.

Quote Originally Posted by SektheGnome View Post
    The MMO market hasn't figured it out yet, but familiarity isn't a good thing. I don't stop playing one game, to go and play another when it's features and systems mirrors another. There's just no logical point to it. (Especially when you just know that the entire concept of the game will bore the playerbase a month into release)

The only way the MMO market can lure me from World of Warcraft to theirs, is if they can demonstrate that they can create something completely original and new, including it's UI layout, how they approach the graphical rendering of it's world, and what they bring that is new to the table. As far as I'm concerned Rift took a bit of flavor from Aion, and Wow and somehow it's supposed to be original. It's not.
    I agree, but for me, I quit wow cause I was burned out, to me its just something to try, like a new flavor of icecream.

Deleted
    I can totally aggree with that. I played the beta. Graphics are fine but over all no big difference to other mmo´s instead of wow. So i still prefer the good old wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulkar View Post
    I can totally aggree with that. I played the beta. Graphics are fine but over all no big difference to other mmo´s instead of wow. So i still prefer the good old wow.
    WoW sucks.

Wtb balanced classes in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiberdamage View Post
    WoW sucks.

So, magically a game with more possible class types will be 100% balanced?

Good luck with that.

WoW sucks.

You do know since Rift has much more classes than WoW, balancing it will be even harder?

Also, isn't Rift coming out in like, a week? On March 1st?

Deleted
    where can I find working keys?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus93 View Post
    where can I find working keys?
    um you dont need a working key to play the open beta, thats why its called OPEN, but ur too late now it ended 10am pst this morning.. sowwy

I would really appreciate one
    Once in church when priest went to get more candles I whispered to my friend "Priest ran out of reagents" and heard someone laugh very loud behind us. -Peeb

WoW sucks.

....You do realize that Rifts devs have openly said that they have no intentions whatsoever worrying about PvP balance right?

Alright, Beta's done, so taking this thread down.