Vibrant Alchemist Stone vs Gale of Shadows
    Stats:
    Vibrant Alchemist Stone:
    351 int (301+40+51)
    194 haste

Gale of Shadows:
    Stacking 340 spellpower
    285 haste

Stone gains 15 int with a raid buff so thats a whopping 26 spellpower gain compared to the haste loss of 91

Why is the stone an epic?
    From a warlock PoV where health potions/mana potions arn't used for raiding.
    Because some players aren't looking for anything logical, like loot. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some players just want to watch the group fail.

15+ Year Old Account
    Stone is good, Gale is just amazing.

I want to say Gale is better, but i don't know the stat weightings off the top of my head.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

- Int also gives more mana.
    - Mana regen abilities are mostly based on max mana.
    - One mage spec mastery is based on mana.
    - That int also adds to crit.
    - Int doesn't have ramp up times. Classes that can't use heals have to ramp up Gale.
    - Gale is based on periodic heal/damage. A class with few of those abilities will ramp up that spell power a lot less quickly than, say, and aff lock or spriest.
    - The potion ability is great for any healer

In the end, it all depends on the class really. An Spriest with 0 mana issues or an Affliction lock will likely get bigger benefit from Gale. Healers will want the Stone definitely. I'd say more class/spec combos will benefit from the Stone than Gale, but I love gale as an spriest. Throw out renews on the raid 10 seconds before pull, drink, and at pull I've got 20 stacks waiting for me.

well gale is better but the int bonus on alchemist's stone makes it very viable trinket too so if you dont have problems wth hith and dont need a hit trinket why nt use stone till u can get your hands on the darkmoon card : volcano . other was gale is just too awesome.

1 int is not the same thing as 1 spellpower.

according to sims, alchemist trinket is quite a bit better than gale

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-..._0_3a_4_0_6_a/

towards the bottom of the first post

If you follow the stat weighting that elitist jerks claims too, you can see how its better. Remember that intellect also gives crit as well as spellpower. On trinkets, intellect really is the stat to look out for.

Deleted
    Do you have a list of those trinkets with actual tooltip display or links to their profiles someplace? I have no idea what are those trinkets they posted on the EJ, most of them anyway :P Hard to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    Do you have a list of those trinkets with actual tooltip display or links to their profiles someplace? I have no idea what are those trinkets they posted on the EJ, most of them anyway :P Hard to compare.
    do a wowhead search for 346-359 trinkets, the names are unique enough within those results to be clear which is which.

surprised no ones pointed it out yet but the stack time would vary a lot between the specs and you need to take into account the time it would take for gale to reach its full potential in a fight.

intellect as well will give you a larger mana pool for higher mana returns through imp soul leech so means life tapping less as destruction.

Intellect also scales with BoK/MOTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocet View Post
    surprised no ones pointed it out yet but the stack time would vary a lot between the specs and you need to take into account the time it would take for gale to reach its full potential in a fight.

intellect as well will give you a larger mana pool for higher mana returns through imp soul leech so means life tapping less as destruction.
    I assume things like that is accounted for in sims, really, all you need to do is use the stat weights on EJ, or sim your own char if you want to be sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you really wanna have a laugh.. check where the jewelcrafting figurine is in the BiS list That's just stupid imo.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 01:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    at the bottom of the list there is a text file including the full names of all trinkets in the list

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    I assume things like that is accounted for in sims, really, all you need to do is use the stat weights on EJ, or sim your own char if you want to be sure.
    I know but i meant after reading the OP.

Stone gains 15 int with a raid buff so thats a whopping 26 spellpower gain compared to the haste loss of 91

Why is the stone an epic?
    From a warlock PoV where health potions/mana potions arn't used for raiding.