so im like really bad at druid tanking

im lvl 62,but it seems like everytime i do randoms im just terrible

like,my aoe threat is garbage and people always pull off me.i dont know if its because the people im with are just death grip happy dks and stuff or are druid tanks not really good to tank with at that lvl.im a troll but i was thinkin if i re rolled a tauren maybe it would be better cuz i think there the better race for tanking anyway(although i did plan on going eather boomkin or feral dps at 85)

i thought about goin resto and givin it a try but i dont have any caster boas.all my boas are for feral

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfMGbkubzrckMcu

thats the spec im currently going
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2011-01-22 at 06:53 AM.

Well, druid's aren't really an AOE tanking class, it gets better post 80 when you get thrash, but before then its kinda meh, I personally didn't start tanking on my druid till WOTLK levels, i just did feral / balance questing till 68, then got some NR gear, and went with it as a feral tank, I had no problems that I could remember. Plus, you can try asking dps to give you a few seconds to grab aggro on multiple mobs.

Plus tab-targeting is your friend!

And the spec your using is what it should be, but you don't have to get stampede just yet, the 15% haste is just a bonus when your a higher level, lower end it won't do that much imo

First, there is no such thing as an AOE tanking class. Second, make sure you're using swipe on cooldown and tab-mangling, as mangle is your highest threat generating ability. Marking targets is a great way to make sure the dps know which one you'll be focusing. If all else fails, throw on thorns before going bear and charging in. While active, it'll act like a mini retribution aura, dealing damage to anything that strikes you and generating threat on all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty Snakes View Post
    First, there is no such thing as an AOE tanking class. Second, make sure you're using swipe on cooldown and tab-mangling, as mangle is your highest threat generating ability. Marking targets is a great way to make sure the dps know which one you'll be focusing. If all else fails, throw on thorns before going bear and charging in. While active, it'll act like a mini retribution aura, dealing damage to anything that strikes you and generating threat on all of them.
    Sorry, I have to disagree. My mid-level Paladin tank (not the one referenced in my sig) goes into combat against more than one mob like so:

1. Throw shield, build threat on three targets
    2. circle the crowd to group them up
    3. Holy Wrath (now I have threat on everything)
    4. Hammer to solidify threat on everything
    5. If there's more coming or it's a really big group, drop Consecrate
    6. If someone manages to pull agro on one of the mobs, I still have two taunts available, but that's rarely needed.

Paladins are AoE machines, at least in the mid-levels where mine is. Druids don't get some of their defining AoE abilities until later, and as such they're just not a very good AoE class early on.

About losing threat: taunt if you can, but honestly, people who can't figure out how to assist deserve a few deaths.
    WoW: Founder <Saturnalia>, Norgannon
    Rift: Mev <Ascended of Corthana>, Faeblight
    Gaming articles