Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    really want screenshot of those people that saying they doing 13k dps on lvl 85(boss) dummies with HEROIC gear(blues) REALLY! want a screenshot.

The fact that warlock can pull good numbers on dummies is more related to the fact that warlocks give already themselves important raid buffs like COE, 5% crit and even 10% sp if your demo.

ISF wasnt implemented at all at first on PTR I tested a few days ago.
    Tonight I tested again and I actually got a buff again and the damage was a bit higher.
    Still its strange Im pulling ~10k in heroics with ilvl 333 gear as destro and on PTR on dummy with full epic gear I do about the same.

Sure ISF nerf contributes A LOT to it, but there seems more to be nerfed?

we really won't know until we raid.. dummy dps is one thing (although i agree 5k dps is a huge hit) hopefully it wont be so bad with full buffs

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    12k DPS on a dummy really is broken. Most classes can pull 8k solo, with self-buffs.
    My fury warrior on live has a few epics and full heroic gear and i pull 11k+ as fury. Fury isn't the highest damage class there is so if other classes can't pull more than 8k then they are doing something really wrong.

And this is why my lock isn't my main anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    12k DPS on a dummy really is broken. Most classes can pull 8k solo, with self-buffs.
    Really? I'm doing 18k+ on dummies and 22k+ on Argaloth as an elemental shaman... And we aren't overpowered or anything; rather slightly underpowered..

Deleted
    How can a 15% haste nerf be responsible for a 30% dmg loss in the first place? I just don't get it. If we take it into account, that we have 8% dmg buff now, better mastery, much better Demon Soul, and in the heroism/bloodlust phase we won hell a lot of damage, it all should be roughly equal. In higher gear levels, even better. And i keep hearing about a loss of 5k dps...

Quote Originally Posted by emopriest View Post
    really want screenshot of those people that saying they doing 13k dps on lvl 85(boss) dummies with HEROIC gear(blues) REALLY! want a screenshot.
    I'm using full 359 gears with 3 piece 372. flask + food.
    blue gear is taking it out of context

Hit capped, I spammed off 100 shadowbolts on a PTR dummy. Recount claims I fired off 71 shadowbolts. There's something off on the dummy and the combat logs.

Deleted
    I was a bit confused when you said you were doing 17k on dummy with no flask or food, then realised you said full 359 with 3x 372 items, so I guess that's a bit of a jump from my avg ilvl of 352.. as far as the numbers are concerned, its still PTR, nothing is set in stone until it goes live anyway, and even if it does go live it can still be changed if there's enough QQ

Have you guys not seen this?
    elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-simulationcraft_warlocks_cataclysm_edition_4_0_3a_4_0_6_a/

If I'm not seeing it wrong, the Destruction and Demo simcrafts from 4.0.6 are higher then the sims from this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozbaab View Post
    Have you guys not seen this?
    elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-simulationcraft_warlocks_cataclysm_edition_4_0_3a_4_0_6_a/

If I'm not seeing it wrong, the Destruction and Demo simcrafts from 4.0.6 are higher then the sims from this patch.
    Simcraft is quite detached from reality. Go pound on a PTR dummy, it looks nothing like what the sim's theoretical output is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahrastafari View Post
    Simcraft is quite detached from reality. Go pound on a PTR dummy, it looks nothing like what the sim's theoretical output is.
    Pounding on a dummy is quite detached from reality. Go pound on a PTR raid boss while fully buffed, it looks nothing like what the dummy's theoretical output is.

Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Pounding on a dummy is quite detached from reality. Go pound on a PTR raid boss while fully buffed, it looks nothing like what the dummy's theoretical output is.
    Especially when the dummy/combat log system isn't recording ~30% of your casts on the PTR. That's why people are showing a 5-8k difference between theoretical and PTR damage.

Yes I know it's quite detached from reality, but still, the numbers wouldn't go higher if we would get nerfed right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozbaab View Post
    Yes I know it's quite detached from reality, but still, the numbers wouldn't go higher if we would get nerfed right?
    You're right about that, and as far as I can tell, they should be going up marginally higher. As far as I can tell this entire huge dps drop is due to problems with logging/recount/target dummy.

I went on the dummy last night, pounded out 100 hit-capped shadowbolts. Recount told me I casted & landed 71/71.

Can anybody else repeat what I've done on the PTR and get back to us with the numbers, please?

I tested just few mins ago with incin as destro, 87 out 100 registered by skada

yes was hitcapped

Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    I tested just few mins ago with incin as destro, 87 out 100 registered by skada

yes was hitcapped
    I think we've fleshed out the problem then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm as well. 100 casts, 83 recorded.

R.I.P. YARG