Range or melee locks?

Talking BGs here with the random 1vs1. Is it better to range the lock from 30+ yards to avoid the fears.. or stay in melee range for nove/lance crits + LOSing his casts by going through him?

I know its VERY hard to beat one.. but i'm just looking for tips here.

Deleted
    depends if we are talking about affli locks/demo or destro.

As an affliction warlock the main thing I find frustrating about mages is there ability to reset the fight at will. So maybe you should play aggressive at first, but if it seems the lock is going to put up a good fight, get to max range so you can haul booty if things get ugly.

Mainly affli.. but i also could use tips on how the other specs would differ.

mage armor. fears dont last as long i would say close because nova lance combo and you need to burn them fast that and ff orb works much better at close range

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drksilenc View Post
    mage armor. fears dont last as long i would say close because nova lance combo and you need to burn them fast that and ff orb works much better at close range
    You don't actually expect anyone to stand close to your FF orb, do you? It's like Ring of Frost. Anyone stupid enough to stay in it deserves to lose.

Not only that but Warlocks have 3 different types of fear, though they do share the same DR (except DC, but thats on a massive CD now) but if the lock is clever he/she'll use them at the right times.
    Last edited by mmoc6025b804ec; 2011-01-23 at 05:18 PM.