Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Unfortuantely, unless you're one of the lucky few to be playing in a guild with friends who are also playing at your skill level, and are at a happy progression rate in raiding, guilds can tend to be rather unstable.

I have been in guilds that were together for years, that have broken up overnight for the tiniest of arguement, or because one or two people gquit.

If your class has been known to be nerfed considerably, or you aren't pulling top DPS, it can be considerably challenging to find yourself a NEW guild should something go wrong. And, when you do find yourself a new place to play, it can be difficult to impossible to be considered for gear upgrades because not only are you new, but you're not pulling the DPS that you were expected to be doing, or that your class USED to do.

Unholy DK is, imo, one of the classes really being affected by this right now. The changes aren't live yet, and are bugged on the PTR, but I have seen substantial difficulty getting into a guild at the moment. This could be argued as a DK problem in general, but with little or no raid utility, a lackluster interrupt, and no PvE CC to speak of, losing DPS output is not very attractive to potential guilds right now.

It's easy for this to feel like a slap in the face to a PVEr, when they feel like they must reroll a new class or at the very least change spec and grind out/pay for all new gear in order to continue to raid and be successful.

A sort of companion question to this could be "why in PVE, if it's a team effort, do so many people complain about classes or skills being overpowered in the first place?"
    Last edited by Raziella; 2011-01-22 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coonfromtheeast View Post
    Why do PvE players complain about nerfs in a team environment where their individual efforts and performance are barely recognised?.

Thank you.
    Individual efforts are very important. I simply don't understand how you could think that the contribution of an individual to the group is insignificant.
    If no one one your team makes a significant impact on the outcomes then how could you accomplish anything?

5man dungeons are PvE. If the healer gets a nerf of some kind to his healing do you think that won't impact the group?
    10mans are raids but they are still relatively small groups. The actions of a single player can often determine the difference between a wipe and a kill.
    What if that one person that gets nerfed is your tank? Now he doesn't tank as well. Problems.
    What if that one person is your healer? Now he can't heal as well or as efficiently. Problems.
    What if that one person is your best DPS, and your group usually gets right up to the enrage timer on the boss. Now you're hitting the enrage because one person's DPS has dropped by X%. Problems.

So, your entire premise is incorrect. The efforts of individuals DO greatly impact the outcomes of both PvP and PvE encounters.

That means that when a certain class gets a "nerf" then they do have a legitimate reason to be concerned.

What is your experience with raiding? It seems to me that you must not have much. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by thundercles; 2011-01-22 at 04:24 PM.

Its not because its a team sport that theres no stats, better stats = better salary in most case. And this is mostly based on individual effort so WoW is the same fucking shit. If your Individual effort (toping meter DPS/Heal + Attendance + Good attitude ) is Awsome , well then you are usually more rewarded. So losing one of this 3 factor usually get you benched. (Well depending on how bad u got nerfed or no longer show to raid , or how rude you are now)
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-01-22 at 04:32 PM.