Thread: Tanking as Disc

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Tanking as Disc

    3950 resil, love it.


  2. #2
    I don't get it. There's no tanking in PvP.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosdeph View Post
    I don't get it. There's no tanking in PvP.
    QFT.

    You can't call attacking in PvP tanking. Tanking = PVE. Or PVPVE - but we only have alterac for that.

  4. #4
    4k resil and still getting hit for 28k. So much for lower pvp damage in cata.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosdeph View Post
    I don't get it. There's no tanking in PvP.
    QFT.

    You can't call attacking in PvP tanking. Tanking = PVE. Or PVPVE - but we only have alterac for that.
    Not really. PvP has "tanking" of a different sense, in that things focus you and try to kill you. You can't "Taunt" off, but the best examples of said "tanks" are usually healers (or the good ol' SL/SL lock from TBC). Things that can usually take a beating with everything focussed on them.

    Unfortunately, even 4k resil isn't enough this time around it seems. At least, not yet.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosdeph View Post
    I don't get it. There's no tanking in PvP.
    Absolutely, especially when you're in almost 4k resil and you get drilled from 100-0 in around 3 seconds by an unfearable target. Disc Priests have always had to tank to a certain extent, Pyschic Scream is our only escape (minus being Goblin) and unless you're teamed with a Frost Mage peels can't be constant.

  7. #7
    Ahhh... The warrior macro. Gotta love this baby =)

  8. #8

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    4k resil and still getting hit for 28k. So much for lower pvp damage in cata.
    That's what I said. People are dying just as fast as they were in wotlk. The only difference is if we flash heal we go oom in 20 seconds, if we GH we put a sign on our head that says "I'm casting a big, slow heal, look at me and interupt me", and relying on instant spells is like using a siv as a bail bucket.

  10. #10
    "Resilience will fix it"

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawke- View Post
    "Resilience will fix it"
    "Bigger HP will fix it!"

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferin View Post
    4k resil and still getting hit for 28k. So much for lower pvp damage in cata.
    28k still seems pretty low, espeically when i see ppl running around with 130k 150k plus health. Its not instant, and if you look the warrior goes back to hitting for 4k to12k and a crit for almost 18k. Its seems like an fury warrior using Enrage and Raging Blow with Unshackled Fury, their mastery - http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/76856.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Saicam View Post
    28k still seems pretty low, espeically when i see ppl running around with 130k 150k plus health. Its not instant, and if you look the warrior goes back to hitting for 4k to12k and a crit for almost 18k. Its seems like an fury warrior using Enrage and Raging Blow with Unshackled Fury, their mastery - http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/76856.
    If you look at the timestamps, all the damage happened in two seconds. That's less time than it takes to cast a Greater Heal, which heals for 25k-ish?

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,201
    yeah, it's so hard to root/stun/soothe warrior when he goes all that flashy things as bloodlust, enrages and so on. Oh, you don't have any stuns/roots/soothes ? your problem, deal with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    yeah, it's so hard to root/stun/soothe warrior when he goes all that flashy things as bloodlust, enrages and so on. Oh, you don't have any stuns/roots/soothes ? your problem, deal with it
    Disc does not have any stun, roots or soothe spell, as you pointed out. And these spells either have A) cooldowns B) cast times. Or both.

    The fact is, OP got hit for 101152 damage over 2 seconds.

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,201
    The fact is, arena is not 1 vs 1. and bloodlust, reckleckness and deathwish and str trinkets also have a CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  17. #17
    Thats what you get for wearing napkins to a sword fight : )
    OT: even as a warrior I think that is far too much damage output against a 4k resil target, but its ok blizzard will fix this by nerfing our mobility and buffing our damage... oh wait.....
    Are you guys ready for clunkier gameplay, a lower skill cap for warriors and more insta gibs after blizzard "fixes" warriorrs next patch?!?!?!? .... I'm not I'd rather reroll than play fury which is what they seem to be driving us to.
    Last edited by Finn mac cool; 2011-01-23 at 07:59 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    yeah, it's so hard to root/stun/soothe warrior when he goes all that flashy things as bloodlust, enrages and so on. Oh, you don't have any stuns/roots/soothes ? your problem, deal with it
    So what you're saying is that we should be able to keep a Fury warrior stunned/rooted/cc'd for the entire duration of the game, and he can't be given 3 seconds on a single target?

    Sorry, my twos comp doesn't include a mage.

    I dealt with it incredibly well, as you can see I had time to cast a prayer of mending before I died.

    Thanks for your flawless logic.

    Edit: Just to clarify, this isn't a dig at warriors, although Fury burst is ridiculous at the moment. Simply a chronicle of how woeful Disc is at the moment. Surely you'd agree that I was clearly outskilled and outplayed by the above combat log.
    Last edited by japes; 2011-01-23 at 08:06 AM.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    4,201
    please, show me a fury warrior, who will hot for 100k damage over 3 sec without reckleckness deathwish and other enrages which has a CD and can be dispelled/kited
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    please, show me a fury warrior, who will hot for 100k damage over 3 sec without reckleckness deathwish and other enrages which has a CD and can be dispelled/kited
    So you're implying that 110k~ of activated (controllable) burst is fine. Show me a 2s comp without a mage that can control a warrior on the healer for the entire duration of a fight, and by entire duration, I mean entire duration - cannot let the warrior get on the healer for a 3s. Comp was Paladin/Warrior by the way.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •