Poll: Best race for healing Priest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    pvp-wise, in alliance, only race worth picking is gnome for any class, as far as racials go;
    the other racials are mediocre at best, unless u got some uber-wtfpwning-superhigh-end trinket that will give u an edge as a human.

pve-wise i'd say probably human. gnomes just get 5% more mana. which is good only for discos.
    while the human +3% spirit is good for both specs, and even increases your healing if ur holy.

above all these tho, i think people should pick the one they like most, regardless of racials.
    judge by looks, or even lore. not by racials. especially if ur not interested in doing arena.

i'd go female draenei, as a healer priest, for both lore and looks ^^
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2011-01-23 at 10:25 PM.

My experience w/ LoS [stairs] and short characters is also anecdotal. There has never been an official answer on whether this is true on not.

All I can say is I've done several encounters as NE and gnome and noticed that I could be at the base of a staircase and still hit a mob/player with ranged abilities at the top as a NE, whereas as a gnome I would have to either run substantially away from the stairs or up them to be in LoS.

Twin Dragons is a current T11 encounter where stairs, in my experience from the past, could have LoS implications.

Again, this is anecdotal and neither confirmed by the developers [to my knowledge], nor can I provide a video proving this.

According to WoWWikki, which does not source the claim:

Quote Originally Posted by WoWWikki
    Line of sight appears to be drawn from midsection to midsection, so short characters get the "No Line of Sight" message slightly more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    pve-wise i'd say probably human. gnomes just get 5% more mana. which is good only for discos.
    And Shadow so they get more return from Shadowfiend, Archangel, Masochism, Dispersion, and Replenisment.

And Holy, for all of their cooldowns and their base regen.
    while the human +3% spirit is good for both specs, and even increases your healing if ur holy.
    +3% Spirit is mediocre for Discipline, certainly not gamebreaking. It's decent for Holy, but it does not "even increases your healing".

People that haven't touched a Priest since 4.0 shouldn't make calls like this.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I'd have to say gnome for 15% int buff. However I hate gnomes, so go for what cosmetics you like. Om nom nom.

If Gnomes had +15% Int they'd be the top Priest race by far regardless of spec. Nothing would be even remotely close.

Come to think of it, we should totally get +15% Int as Gnomes. That would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    L2read tool tip maybe? Gnomes do not give 5% more int anymore as that would make them OP as casters in pve. As of the shattering it was changed to 5% increased max mana
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    I would say pick the race wich you know you will be enjoying to see the back off for endless hours! For me Night Elf is the choice!

For the horde!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Where are the Goblins on the poll?

Deleted
    It all comes down to what you prefer to play the most.

If you're fine with whatever, leave night elf, draenei and worgen out of the discussion.

Human for Holy
    Gnome for Disc
    Dwarf for PvP

For both holy and disc, 5% more mana from gnome > 3% spirit for human due to increased mana back from hymn of hope, replenishment, shadowfiend, etc.

Only advantage human has is that in PVE, Every Man For Himself is more useful than Escape Artist, but the human racial is not critical or even relevant for most fights. However, the mana advantage from gnome is always relevant.

For PVE Healing, go gnome or go home.
    Last edited by Evrx; 2011-01-24 at 04:39 PM. Reason: poor grammarical style (ended sentence with preposition)

I do a bit of PVP, so I really enjoy being human and having Every Man for Himself. It has saved me countless times and has also allowed me to throw out some heals while I'd normally be stuck, frozen, or whatever in raids and in BGs. The 3% spirit buff is great, too and is icing on the cake to a 'not so ugly' race!

I got a costume last year that changes you into a gnome diver suit and I noticed I had LOS issues healing in ICC around stairs. I can't confirm if there is any hard evidence of this, but I can surely say that I felt a difference so I had to turn the costume off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ring/vordemin/

This is me, currently a human. I'm my guild's disc priest and I'm thinking that I should maybe race change to gnome, but I'm not sure. What are your thoughts, 3% spirit or 5% mana? I never really had HUGE OOM issues in boss fights (Since I'm smite specced).

So, gnome or human? Also, do you think that maybe some other race is better? Discuss.
    Obviously draenei !
    /waggle ftw
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Go Gnome or go home! :P
    On topic, Gnome racial is really nice.
    Question is though... are you hardcore enough to be a Dwarf?:O