Thread: Sound card

Sound card

I have some Logitech Z523 speakers. and a Sennheiser PC350 headset

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...36&Tpk=z%20523
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-PC-.../dp/B0012XFDWO

I've heard, especially with headsets a dedicated sound card makes a really big difference in quality/depth of the sound. So sound cards range anywhere from 25 to 200 some odd dollars. If you're just going with those two products. 2.1/headset what is the ideal sound card to be getting? I would probably be willing to spend up to...100ish.

If you're serious about it, Asus Xonar DX has pretty much unbeatable price/quality ratio.

Unless you have very good hearing, or very bad motherboard sound chip you will not hear much if any difference with it though, so it might be just complete waste of money.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Waste of money in most of cases , just choose one of creative/asus cheapest cards with drivers for W7 and go with it if its for games.

Creativee XtremeGamer Fatal1ty is a decent choice.

For music n stuff i would suggest choosing something off Auzen products

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

Go with the Xonar or an HT Omega. They have some of the best price to performance cards you can get. Creative make great products as well, but their drivers are...well, bad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829271001 -HT Omega $89
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-006-_-Product -Xonar $89.99

Just make sure you get one that has an interface with which you have an open slot for. I run a crossfire setup, and my soun card barely fit into my pci slot. It sucks to have to do a return for something because you dont have the room for it, or a free slot =P

Deleted
    I ordered a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD today, to excange Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ^^

The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD comes with cables were you can link a 2/1 set on your system but not 5/1 or 7/1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by snoebels View Post
    I ordered a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD today, to excange Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ^^

The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD comes with cables were you can link a 2/1 set on your system but not 5/1 or 7/1.
    Only thing about creative they will ditch support for product when new is about to come out for new operating systems seen in happen quite alot with them.
    Your choice is perfectly fine , though if you do wish to choose a good product for music / movies do not choose creative next time , their EAX is complete lie and is achievable with software on any soundcard.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    > It also allows you to change your voice pitch to disguise who you are (Magic Voice).

I gotta admit I actually smiled. From my own experience anything but realtek will do just fine. I've had tons of problems with integrated realtek sound cards. Just make sure there are W7 (or whatever OS you're using) drivers available before you purchase new sound card. Some older Creative products for example have no working 64-bit Windows 7 drivers available.
    "Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by snoebels View Post
    Gaming soundcards are dead with Win7, there is no more hardware acceleration possible and EAX is going byebye. Creative is not a good choice anymore unless you're running on a system old enough to support EAX, Asus Xonar series cards are cheaper and have significantly better sound quality.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The Xonar was actually the card I was looking at. Glad to see that my initial thought was in the right direction. But my friend swears up, down, and sideways by a dedicated soundcard. So for 90 bucks I don't think that's a bad deal.

Something you might also want to consider is what type of slot. I was thinking about putting a sound card in my PCI-E X1 slot, mostly because it's empty and taunting me.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I use a NuForce uDAC 2 as an external USB sound card, but my requirements may differ from normal gamers. I have no desire for surround sound and want the best stereo output I can get.