Buying a laptop (uk)

As the title says i need a laptop, has to be a laptop due to uni and travel im always in different places throughout the months. I raid 25 mans and would like something that can play at say medium settings for a reasonable fps.

Budget is anywhere between £500-650 what can i get for this money? is there anything close?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    You might want to check out alien ware. Not sure how much they cost, but i have heard they make pretty decent laptops.

Quote Originally Posted by Braggy187 View Post
    You might want to check out alien ware. Not sure how much they cost, but i have heard they make pretty decent laptops.
    Alienware is the worst (bang for the buck)! You won't be able to get an Alienware laptop under a grand.

Look at Toshiba, Acer, MSI, Lenovo. Those should fit your budget and they are all decent brands that offer good bang for your buck.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Alienware is the worst (bang for the buck)! You won't be able to get an Alienware laptop under a grand.

Look at Toshiba, Acer, MSI, Lenovo. Those should fit your budget and they are all decent brands that offer good bang for your buck.
    The problem is i have no idea on the graphics/processor combos which will actually give what i am after. What i need is a few specific laptops that can definatly run on at least med with reasonable frame rates (honestly 25-35 would be acceptable for me)

My old laptop which im trading in with my dad was bought for me and has an intel hd chipset which is nigh on usless.

Deleted
    I'm in the same boat as the op (except I don't mind paying upwards of £900), don't wanna make another thread so I'll just post here =p. My knowledge about computers is near non-existent so I rather buy a ready made laptop than trying to build one. I'm not a hardcore gamer, nothing fancy, just WoW and Football Manager so I probably won't need a very powerful one. Worst case scenario is probably two WoWs running at the same time (one alt levelling and another waiting for heroic), a browser for checking strats etc and maybe vlc player running at the same time.

Currently my fps is about 10 in sw/org with the lowest setting possible in everything. Would love to be able to finally appreciate WoW's graphics in raids or TB. Any recommendation of laptop brands or specs will be appreciated.

Well I went to ebuyer.com which is the only UK site that I know of... and I was amazed at how terrible and overpriced their selection is. This is the only half decent laptop that I found:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236855

If you know any other UK sites or local stores, just post back with the links or specs and we'll try to help.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

check out Dell, XPS range, if that is too pricy check out Inspiron range

http://www1.euro.dell.com/uk/en/home...dgc=IR&lid=NHP
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    This is as close to your budget i could get for a laptop capable of raiding 25 mans on medium'ish settings.

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/...464746&CatId=0

Deleted
    Well, I can't post a link because I am new (good rule, but annoying as I did not know about it) but you should check out out the Asus K52JC, which is available from laptopsdirect for ~£644 inc VAT and fast delivery.
    Spec:
    * Display: 15.6" HD TFT (1366x768, Color-Shine)
    * CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-430M (2.27GHz)
    * Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M, 1GB dedicated graphics memory
    * Storage: 500GB (5400rpm)
    * Memory: 4096MB (2048x2) DDRIII 1066 RAM

310m is a low end video card, so if you must get a laptop that has that video card, make sure you get one that has a fast CPU which in this case would be an i5.