An unwarranted amount of hate towards hunters

I still do not understand why so many people think that hunters are such noobs, or that the class is designed for noobs.

The rotation is easy, but so are all other rotations. Sure, the hunter rotations are a bit simpler than feral druid or shadow priests (in Wotlk), but elemental shamns, for example, have an even easier rotation.

Second, playing a hunter, in many situations, requires more skill because of the dead-zone aspect of the class. (Yes I know, it is not technically a "dead zone," but hunter mellee is useless.)

I'm not saying hunters are hard because they aren't. All classes are easy to play. Hunters, however, are not the easiest.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Captain America would say, Haters gonna hate.
    The perfumed* boys he wrapped in chains and threw into the sea. They were unnatural creatures, and the ship smelled better once cleansed of their presence.

*Degenerative Casuals

I agree with your signature.

OT: this has been happening for a while now. You should get used to it.

Ignore the haters. Keep on topping meters, keep on CCing, keep on slowing adds, keep on misdirecting, and keep on playing and having fun with your hunter. I know that I can play the class and play it well and I realize that there are mouthbreathers playing this class as well as any multitude of classes. People just need to learn to not stereotype based on class.

Edit: I also agree that the LOST finale sucked.
    Last edited by Asciiguy; 2011-01-22 at 09:05 PM.

Hunter hate has been going on since Vanilla. Hunters can use a variety of melee weapons and basically any melee class considered it to be ninja'ing in any pug dungeon for a hunter to roll on basically any melee weapon. Hunters were known for accidentally pulling due to either trying to back up for range or accidental discharges (hitting a shot will frequently make you auto-target a nearby mob and attack it). Hunter pets caused wipes due to pathing in many dungeons, and hunters who can't control their pets will often be seen having their pets charge mobs and pull things that shouldn't be pulled.

Hunters were also one of the easiest classes to not understand how to gear, and hunters would be seen with spirit and intellect gear, even spell power gear, because they were designed so strangely in the beginning. Serpent sting, arcane shot, and fire traps scaled with spell power (and not attack power) and caused some hunters to somehow think they needed spell power. The fact that Blizzard put SP on the hunter tier 2.5 didn't help. Hunters who DID know what stats they needed would sometimes roll on leather because it was quite factually better for them, and that obviously made rogues (who also got outrolled by druids and were mad about that) never want to invite hunters to groups. Gear that clearly was good for hunters would very frequently be "rogue gear" just because of the hunter hate.

Some of these things don't apply anymore, but hunter hate has been long embedded into the WoW playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Hunter hate has been going on since Vanilla. Hunters can use a variety of melee weapons and basically any melee class considered it to be ninja'ing in any pug dungeon for a hunter to roll on basically any melee weapon. Hunters were known for accidentally pulling due to either trying to back up for range or accidental discharges (hitting a shot will frequently make you auto-target a nearby mob and attack it). Hunter pets caused wipes due to pathing in many dungeons, and hunters who can't control their pets will often be seen having their pets charge mobs and pull things that shouldn't be pulled.

Hunters were also one of the easiest classes to not understand how to gear, and hunters would be seen with spirit and intellect gear, even spell power gear, because they were designed so strangely in the beginning. Serpent sting, arcane shot, and fire traps scaled with spell power (and not attack power) and caused some hunters to somehow think they needed spell power. The fact that Blizzard put SP on the hunter tier 2.5 didn't help. Hunters who DID know what stats they needed would sometimes roll on leather because it was quite factually better for them, and that obviously made rogues (who also got outrolled by druids and were mad about that) never want to invite hunters to groups. Gear that clearly was good for hunters would very frequently be "rogue gear" just because of the hunter hate.

Some of these things don't apply anymore, but hunter hate has been long embedded into the WoW playerbase.
    This is the the origin of the word "huntard". People who hate hunters dont know what they're talking about. Ignore them.