Thread: Grim Batol

Deleted

Grim Batol

I apologize if I have missed something - but my question is this:

Has it been confirmed that Grim Batol will be a raid?
    Due to its lore and the fact that it's a huge city (we've merely seen a fragment of the whole city) I expected this to be an opening raid or something but... Apparently not.
    So have blizzard mentioned it becoming a raid?

We know of nothing beyond the Firelands raid. It could be.

Though, it's worth nothing that we've also only seen a fragment of Ironforge, too. There's a LOT more to Ironforge than what's in game, and I'm not just talking about the "Old Ironforge" crystal room.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rat View Post
    We know of nothing beyond the Firelands raid. It could be.

Though, it's worth nothing that we've also only seen a fragment of Ironforge, too. There's a LOT more to Ironforge than what's in game, and I'm not just talking about the "Old Ironforge" crystal room.
    Well, what i meant by "we've only seen a fragment of the whole city" was that they have so much more to build on to create the raid instance, along with the lore about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    Well, what i meant by "we've only seen a fragment of the whole city" was that they have so much more to build on to create the raid instance, along with the lore about it.
    I was in there earlier and wondering if it'd be more like the lower level instances which seem to have lots of separate sections. I'd love to see more of it either way though

I believe that we will see a Grim Batol raid.. The reason for this is that like with Blood Furnace in TBC we saw a glimse of a raid, Magtheridons Lair, and in Grim Batol we see people fighting at the deeper levels of the city and also on the stairs on to the last boss there is a whole in the wall wich if I remember correctly there is also people fighting beyond.

Well, yes, I know, but... well, look at how much of a disappointment Azjol-Nerub is in the grand scheme of things, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yes, I know, but... well, look at how much of a disappointment Azjol-Nerub is in the grand scheme of things, too.
    Pretty much this, they could do something amazing with it.. but chances are low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beat me there. IMO the worst thing of Wrath is not adding Azjol-Nerub. They could do it again with Grim Batol, but likely not since even Blizz regrets not adding AN. Plus Deathwing needs a house, doesn't he?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Beat me there. IMO the worst thing of Wrath is not adding Azjol-Nerub. They could do it again with Grim Batol, but likely not since even Blizz regrets not adding AN. Plus Deathwing needs a house, doesn't he?
    I'm hoping this. I'm not even a lore buff, and I am excited for the lore possibilities that lurk in Grim Batol. Plus it's a creepy-cool place anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is true, same story goes with Anub Arak and his whole undercity. Could happen, could not happen, we'll just have to wait, have fun imaging what could happen, and see.