Healers and all the QQ

First off, I don't understand why everyone has to compare Cataclysm healing style to Wrath healing style. I do understand yes is the same game but look at it from blizzards perspective, It's a new expansion and things are different now. When we went from BC to WotLK, there was a change is the way the game was played and over time people came to accept it, for the most part. Just give it time I say. It you don't agree with the new content stop paying your 15 bucks a month and move on simple as that. Recreating thread after thread about all the complaints in Cataclysm is getting old. Lets see some positive stuff now.

I agree. My priest today just healed her first heroic, and I didn't think it was too bad at all- of course, having done many heroics on my rogue already I knew that the damage would require her ilvl to be higher than 329, I waited until she was 334. Got Vortex Pinnacle, and thoroughly enjoyed healing through it.
    If you want to make raiding content harder, turn off DBM. Voila! Your encounters will be much more challenging without bleeps and someone telling you to "run away, little girl."

Well I love it! Finally I have to pay attention to what I'm doing again instead of feeling like I was only racing with my fellow healers over who could press buttons the fastest. Topping meters had been fun for a whole but it got old.
    On top of this, I don't have to take crap anymore from every moron who thinks he's a healing expert because he can spam flashes! Those failures quit healing by now, I can't deny it's been a nice ego boost for me seeing all the whiners quit massively while I re-learned my class, rolled into heroics, raiding and now heroic raiding.... not to forget the most important of all: having great fun in the whole process

Thank you Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    The people wo are complaining are usualy the ones wo either yust dinged ( it is painfull in 333 gear ) or yust dont really know how to heal.
    Gearing up and learning all ur heals goes a long way its really not that hard.

Healers make up for dps and tank mistakes

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's not just compared to LK. Yes, LK healing was borderline silly, but healing still wasn't this difficult in tBC or Vanilla. It was close, but I think the fact that we could chain pots back then did help a bit.

That being said, I do like it, after getting decent gear and becoming comfortable with it. I sometimes struggle with the fact that I can't save the day like I did in LK, but feel like more of a stop-gap between success and oblivion. I think Blizzard can (and will) tweak it a bit more for all-round enjoyment, but if asked to choose between this and LK style healing... I'd still take this.

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    Well I love it! Finally I have to pay attention to what I'm doing again instead of feeling like I was only racing with my fellow healers over who could press buttons the fastest. Topping meters had been fun for a whole but it got old.
    On top of this, I don't have to take crap anymore from every moron who thinks he's a healing expert because he can spam flashes! Those failures quit healing by now, I can't deny it's been a nice ego boost for me seeing all the whiners quit massively while I re-learned my class, rolled into heroics, raiding and now heroic raiding.... not to forget the most important of all: having great fun in the whole process

Thank you Blizzard!
    This is a positive fallout from the changes. If you see a healer who is decently geared, there is a better chance (compared to Wrath, at least) that they are actually kind of good. Granted, guilds can still carry one weak healer (maybe on 25 mans), but really, anyone who stuck it out and worked on learning the new system is probably better for it.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of these qqers are probably...HEY I GOT THE MINIMUM ILVL TO DO HEROICS...THAT MEANS I CAN BREEZE THRU THIS STUFF RITE...i will admit its damn near impossible with the bare minimum gear...but once you hit a certain level of gear your effective healing just jumps...i also wanna bet alot of these ppl have next to no spirit at all...*caster dps or pvp gear*...give it time....figure out what you need...do a couple more regulars and you'll be ready....

also...like a friend told me....you will eventually fail....and its the truth...healers can't heal thru fires and debuffs and jazz...fight mechanics matter now...if stuff's to hard now go lookup how your class works or run regulars till you pickup mechanics and figure fights out...also in most heroics i've been in...if you simply ask for info on the fights....someone knows by now and will most likely inform you

I agree. I'm glad to see some healers out there having as much fun as I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonslordforever View Post
    I agree. I'm glad to see some healers out there having as much fun as I am.
    I'm not sure it's fun per se, but it does feel more rewarding. Every raid fight feels a bit like my first Saurfang Heroic attempt for intensity of heals. Definitely feel like I've earned those kills more than lolbubblespam in ICC.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

Deleted
    Well yeah they either barely make the required ilvl or they havn't adapted to the Cata healing style. Met a reso drood today, 110k mana. Yet he told us, we were doing everything wrong, when he couldn't keep us up doing 6k heals and oom'ing after 50% of the first boss in Stonecore. Rest assured, we nuked the crystals and the adds and no we didn't stand in the dust thingy on the ground. When we checked his healing, he was only using Reju, Wildgrowth and a few Regrowth - sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pwii View Post
    I'm not sure it's fun per se, but it does feel more rewarding. Every raid fight feels a bit like my first Saurfang Heroic attempt for intensity of heals. Definitely feel like I've earned those kills more than lolbubblespam in ICC.
    but isn't it fun to have that feeling of being rewarded :P

lol being more precise you are right thou pwii....

and yeah....you actually have to make use of your talents and procs and blah blah blah...its no longer *OK LEMME PUT MY HOTS ON ALL THE RAID MEMBERS THROUGHOUT THIS ENTIRE FIGHT W/O GOING OOM JUST SO I CAN SIT ON THE TOP OF THE HEALING CHART*