Sib and Mastery?

So it's pretty common knowledge that Sub's mastery is pathetic. My question is what would it take to make it valuable? Would it be good if it affected both finishers and openers? Or what if it did something different for each finisher? Something like increases SnD speed buff, evis bypasses percentage of armor, and rupture does additional damage per tick or increases the frequency of ticks? And should recup be affected by it? Perhaps instead of boosting it's heal like it did before mastery could instead increase it's duration. There's something wrong when our number one "finisher" is a heal. Perhaps if we didn't need to refresh it as often we could focus more on damaging finishers.

Anyway, what's everyone elses on mastery and what it would take to bring it up to the level of usefulness that it is for Assassination and (if the ptr changes are as good as they sound) combat?

Er, just noticed I titled it Sib, lol.

Completely off topic but, when I saw the title, I totally thought of this.

i was thinking about it to and basicly it doesn't effect recup. but maybe it can it someting in line of

while recuperate is active the dmg of your backstab and hemorrhage by x% of the mastery.