Ret Paladin rotation (PTR)

Does anyone know if our rotation is staying the same since they are replacing DP with the HoL effect?

I am only asking because our current CS - filler - filler - CS rotation exists mainly because we cannot get the CS cd down low enough for a single filler rotation to reliably generate more HP and damage.

However, with it being changed to 15% to proc 3 HP from the same abilities, with this make our reliable HP generator (CS) more valuable and cause us to clip it less? In addition, I am hearing we have more gaps in the rotation due to this change, and reverting to a CS - filler - CS rotation would help reduce the amount of gaps between CS uses.

But i am not on the PTR, which is why I am asking. Does anyone know if the rotation is changing?

Deleted
    They are stating that initial tests indicate INQ-TV-CS-EXO-J etc is the way to go. This is no doubt subject to change though

Same "rotation", with a big change to clash resolution and stat weights. Mastery = crit > haste. As for the new clash Rotation:
    Inq > TV = CS = HoW = Exo > judge = HW = Cons

only real thinking now required is looking up to see if you have a DP proc or 3 HP, besides that, as was in WotLK, PRESS SHINY THINGS!
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

As what was said above, be sure to make it absolutely paramount that Inquisition never falls off (where possible); it's vastly more important to sustained dps than it is currently.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    As what was said above, be sure to make it absolutely paramount that Inquisition never falls off (where possible); it's vastly more important to sustained dps than it is currently.
    Some recent simulations on EJ show that in 4.06 it doesn't make much difference if it falls off; you get it back up as quickly as possible with 2 hp (especially once you get 4pt11) and the DPS difference is pretty much within RNG range.

Yeah, I was just reading about rotations on EJ, and I can't help but be a bit baffled. In Wrath we were fairly faceroll, and Blizzard wasn't happy with it. So in Cata they tried to change it such that it relied more on skill (ie: do what clcinfo says :P), but performance had (non-trivial) variance due to the RNG. If what those at EJ say is true, then we've gone full circle back to Wrath.

Quite strange, really.

(Note: I haven't done any testing on PTR, I'm speaking solely based off what I've read.)

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Some recent simulations on EJ show that in 4.06 it doesn't make much difference if it falls off; you get it back up as quickly as possible with 2 hp (especially once you get 4pt11) and the DPS difference is pretty much within RNG range.

Hmm, I'm showing fairly substantial losses on PTR by letting it drop, and that's on the training dummy.

---------- Post added 2011-01-23 at 01:47 PM ----------

Having just looked at EJ, from what I can gather from the posts is that it doesn't matter when you use Inquisition, just that you make sure you keep inquisition up.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2011-01-23 at 01:48 PM.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Having just looked at EJ, from what I can gather from the posts is that it doesn't matter when you use Inquisition, just that you make sure you keep inquisition up.
    I may have misread his explanation. It isn't exactly obvious what the things mean, but I suppose it would make sense if it were taken as "just refresh Inq at the last possible moment with whatever HP you happen to have".

Yeah, I think that's what the bottom line is, upsetting as it may be. With a slight return to FCFS this added notion is a little annoying to see added to it.
    I am the lucid dream

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    4PC isn't actually much of a DPS upgrade at all if any, It's a convenience factor that it's easier to keep up Inquisition but I still pulled higher numbers of PTR without 4PC T11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?