Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    You don't really need enchanting tbh. It used to be nice being able to enchant your own gear, but now you get supercheap scrolls on ah for most enchants. And endgame enchant is not obtainable even for us enchanters. If you can't afford the small cost of powerleveling enchanting, you sure will have a hell with those maelstrom crystals. Unless you have a friendly guild, but if you did they would probably have provided you with cheap lowlevel mats already.
    I'm lazy when it comes to changing professions, but if I had more energy I would probably change it for something else, and so should you... that's my tips.
    Only enchanters can enchant their own rings, and always having the disenchant option in heroics is nice.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

I've always hated that damn DE button in dungeons since it was introduced. It tanked the value of enchanting mats and took away from enchanters what was once unique to them and a good source of money.
    I wish Blizzard would remove it, QQ or not. Or at least make it an option available to ONLY enchanters in the group.

Deleted
    its easy with alts (tailoring/JC)
    buy mats, make green items, mail to enchanter
    disenchant & enchant for point.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    I'd settle with people realising that this isn't BC anymore and a 10g tip for enchanting your shit is worthless.
    Gotta agree with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    Only enchanters can enchant their own rings, and always having the disenchant option in heroics is nice.
    Ring enchant isn't better than what other professions get. Since it's flooded with enchanters you can always ask someone to dc your items for a small fee, unless you have a friend like me that disenchant for free. Getting mats is not a problem to most ppl these days. Leaves us with "ok" ring enchant, and unobtainable endgame enchants. GG.

---------- Post added 2011-01-23 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jackleino View Post
    I've always hated that damn DE button in dungeons since it was introduced. It tanked the value of enchanting mats and took away from enchanters what was once unique to them and a good source of money.
    I wish Blizzard would remove it, QQ or not. Or at least make it an option available to ONLY enchanters in the group.
    It's unfair I dare say. I disenchant for free to my friends, I don't want random ppl get my dust and essences, cause I skilled the profession up. I want mining nods and leather in change, but no... those greedy bastards get to keep theirs.
    Good idea would be to have the option to choose yes. If you want to put disenchant option there click yes (if you run with friends) and if you don't click no (no dust for you, random scrubs). Problem solved.

I have all professions levelled, including 3 alchemists and 3 tailoring and I have to say, there are no bad professions, also though I must say Blizzard shit on some professions a LOT more than others.

Enchanting
    Nope, levelling enchanting is a breeze, and since scrolls, nicely profitable, even levelling up. The price of the last 3 enchants though, that's just sick!

However, the real issue is the players themselves - at least on Aerie Peak, that are complete idiots. What is the point of putting a recipe that cost 100, 200, 300g to make for 2g !!! Me, I but the lot, empty AH, and put one up at 100g, it sells.

Great. I paid for all the ones I bought and made a profit. 4 hours later, there's another 50 scrolls up -
    50g (Hah, I undercut you nub)
    25g (I sell mine faster, FU)
    5g (Woot, I sold my 5 scrolls for 25g. Win!)
    2g (Bleh, I just want to get rid, I'm power levelling to 525)
    55silver (No really, there are. Numpties!)

2g for a 100g to cast enchant? Just give the blasted thing to you guild bank. Jeez

Blacksmithing
    If you can mine, there is no expense, only time. It's far easier now than ever.

Tailoring.
    Damn but that's expensive now, unless you mindlessly grind humanoids. What is it with cloth prices. And why no extra cloth. And why Blizzard is there STILL no tailoring bag. WHY!????

Alchemy
    Mmmm, really easy to level and so much easy gold in alchemy. Transmute procs for the win! (You must, of course, have a dedicated herbers, ideally a druid)

Engineering
    Always was, always will be more of a 'fun' profession. Incredibly easy to level 450 to 525, even 540 with the pets and all the +5 points. I still make a few k a weeks with it too. Just have to know what to make.

Jewelcrafting
    Gods damn you Blizzard, GTFO with 3 to 5 days of dailies per recipe. What is your problem with JC? No other profession needs to take up to 2 years of grinds for their recipes. Worse than this, at least on my numpty server, are the morons that sell low. Honestly, 10g for a gem they took 3 days to learn. And they don't put 1, they'll put 5, 10 at a time. Just vendor them, idiots. *mutter*

Inscriptions
    Just tedious grinding the herbs. I'm more inclined to buy on AH more often than not. Depends on the prices and time ratio. If I can make more not herbing, I most definitely will. Can be hugely profitable, of course.

Leatherwork
    That's just a matter of grinding your skinning and yields a nice supply of meat for levelling cooking

Archaeology (I know, secondary)
    levelling this on 10 alts ... KILL ME NOW! My gods, I actually wanted to level fishing to relieve the boredom! That said, it's a good way to grind from 80 to 85, essentially if you are after specific epics (the Vial of Sands, and Thing pet for me)
    Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it!

[Ten level 80's, one of each class, all professions capped]

Leveling. enchant. is. not. difficult. period.
    we're no longer in vanilla or early tbc. lower level mats are EASILY grindable by soloing old content and for current content, do as you always did, DE quest greens and keep your cloth pieces for your tailor friend.
    END. OF. THE. STORY.
    Last edited by koimagheul; 2011-01-23 at 04:23 PM.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul View Post
    Leveling. enchant. is. not. difficult. period.
    we're no longer in vanilla or early tbc. lower level mats are EASILY grindable by soloing old content and for current content, do as you always did, DE quest greens and keep your cloth pieces for your tailor friend.
    END. OF. THE. STORY.
    Did you miss the part where I said power-leveling from the AH twice? It's because of the fact that you have to manually enchant everything, with 5 sec cast times, and you have to fly all over the god damn place to buy recipes that are often on CD from that vendor.

Not to mention that grinding old content is slower than just gathering for almost every other profession, but the speed with which you do it also depends on your class.