Thread: Dd-wrt

Dd-wrt

So I had troubles with my rooter, and decided to take actions toward this, after an hour or so of research, i found DD-WRT. [Google it, cant post link] It is amazing, and free. My download speed went from 200kb/s to well over 800~. It also reduced the number of freezes I had because of the wireless. Really the best thing I've ever downloaded. Try it
    Yep, I'm Lady GaGa. Or not.

DD-WRT is indeed amazing. My Linksys WRT600N was fine with stock firmware, but there were small things bugging me with the occasional Netflix speed drop, slight lag, etc. DD-WRT made everything epically stable and I get to do so much more with the router.

DD-WRT / Tomato / Tomato USB are all great upgrades over stock router firmware.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I have DD-WRT on my access point, and it indeed pretty good. While it does handle better than stock firmware, I still managed to choke it to death when I used it as a gateway. xD
    red panda red panda red panda!

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I have DD-WRT on my access point, and it indeed pretty good. While it does handle better than stock firmware, I still managed to choke it to death when I used it as a gateway. xD
    The most powerful currently is the Netgear WNDR3700, then probably the Linksys E3000. Those should have sufficient SoCs for most people to run their various additional services/daemons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    The most powerful currently is the Netgear WNDR3700, then probably the Linksys E3000. Those should have sufficient SoCs for most people to run their various additional services/daemons.
    I have it on an older WRT54GL, which I replaced with a cheap ISA server. :3

I used to use DD-WRT on a WRT54GL, then a WRT310N. But now I have a dual core atom Mini-ITX system running Gentoo as my router, AP, web server and some other things. It's pretty nice with dual Intel NICs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    I used to use DD-WRT on a WRT54GL, then a WRT310N. But now I have a dual core atom Mini-ITX system running Gentoo as my router, AP, web server and some other things. It's pretty nice with dual Intel NICs.
    Indeed, I got a Pro1000CT in mine plus the onboard Artheros, then a 1gbps PCI Dlink for DMZ. System itself is a Pentium E5200, 2gb RAM.

This: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813182233
    And this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813182233
    Has 4GB RAM, 8GB SSD as boot drive and an 80GB 2.5" Drive for temp and cache stuff as well as anything I put on the webserver.