The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Make Blizzard see this raiding post

This is for the EU:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...723239?page=22

There is a US one also. THE US version probably will get seen sooner than the EU, due to EU GM's seem to be way more silent than the US.

The post is about 10v25 man heroic raiding and the NEEDED tuning it needs to get, hopefully in this patch incoming. If you can contribute to the thread I'm sure the OP (Tunz) will have done us a lot! There are people from well-known guilds also taking part in the discussion. Have your say but at least read a few pages before jumping blindly into it.

He is complaining about 10 man being harder than 25 man yet he excludes the part where you have to organize 25 players instead of 10, that by itself make it a lot more complicated.

I am not even going to start, bottom line, raids are fine as they are, if 10 man is too hard for him and his guild then recruit more people and do 25 man.
    Last edited by Belian; 2011-01-23 at 02:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    The post is already retarded by itself...

He is complaining about 10 man being harder than 25 man yet he excludes the part where you have to organize 25 players instead of 10, that by itself make it a lot more complicated.

I am not even going to start, bottom line, raids are fine as they are, if 10 man is too hard for him and his guild then recruit more people and do 25 man.
    This is a bit confusing really: you argue that the organisation of a 25 man balances any difficulty issues you may come across in 10 man.

Then you go on to say "well if you don't like it completely restructure your guild that will fix the problem"

I can't say my guild has had any problems as of yet but we are only 9/12 normal 10 man.

Because organizing 25 people should be a part of the game balance amiright? Use your brain and read what he wrote. It's nothing new, anyone smart that has downed bosses in both 10/25man should have come to this conclusion already anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    The buzz is most 10man heroics are overtuned, with some exceptions (Al'Akir, the most famous and recent). If this is true, hopefully Blizzard works on it. If the post that guy wrote was constructive and doesn't devolve into what we got here all day about 10v25, then more power to him.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

10mans are pretty much fine when it comes to mechanics, what does not work with the concept is gear. A 25man
    guild will have the whole raid geared up when 10man guilds have around 6 people to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some fights are harder on 10 than 25, this is due to needing more people than you can have(Such as Nef10)

Some fights are harder on 25 than 10, this is due to not having as much room to spread.(Such as Al'akir)

Most are very, very even, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man mechanics are fine? Have you even attempted a 10 man heroic?

10 and 25 mans will never be balanced to be equal, killing a boss that requires 25 people is never going to be the same as killing a boss that requires 10 people. Root of the problem is that Blizzard is trying to pretend that it is. What they need to do is to go back to the TBC model and create completely separate instances for 10 and 25 mans, god knows they have the money to do it if they'd just bother. Heck, even the ICC model was better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    Some fights are harder on 10 than 25, this is due to needing more people than you can have(Such as Nef10)

Some fights are harder on 25 than 10, this is due to not having as much room to spread.(Such as Al'akir)

Most are very, very even, however.

Yep, they are even in difficulty but not in rewards and thats the problem. You get less loot, less gold and even less vps (90 25man, 70 10 man) when you run 10man content.

And some logistic talk is just BS. When people wanna raid 25man, they will create a 25man guild and invite enough people. The real thing is the dungeon. In dungeon everyone must put an effort to down the boss, you can say that 10 man people need to be more careful and the logistics of 10 man can be harder even (like managing enough dps on boss and interrupting). I mean we are not getting free epics by mail for choosing logistically "easier" 10 man raiding scheme. We are working same or more to get less rewards, yay.
    Last edited by Hunaxor; 2011-01-25 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunaxor View Post
    And some logistic talk is just BS. When people wanna raid 25man, they will create a 25man guild and invite enough people.
    Yeah, if only it was that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed. The 10 vs 25 has been beaten to death. Each style has it's ups and downs. Raid what you prefer. Simple.