[Movies] The Thief and the Cobbler (Recommended)

I was bored today, and found myself watching the Nostalgia Critic. I was watching one of his Reviews about a Movie that bombed called "The Thief and the Cobbler"
    (http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vid...nd-the-cobbler).

The movie was originally put into development in the 1964 on a independent budget. Its Animater Richard Williams, wanted it to be his Masterpiece and worked on it, for 28 years. During that time Williams also worked on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and signed a deal with Warner Brothers afterwards to finance the completion of his movie. When Aladdin was announced (which is similar to The Thief and the Cobbler), Warner Brothers pulled out, causing "The Completion Bond Company" to take control of development, and rushed the movie to completion.

Now, the end result of the complete movie was... a complete disaster, and the Nostalgia Critics review explained it really well (Link above), so I will not go into much detail. But the Nostalgia Critic also recommended watching the Original Version Williams had worked on before signing with Warner Brothers, which made the Movie so much better than the version that went to theaters. It was not complete, as some scenes are nothing more than animated sketches, but I highly recommend watching the Original Version if you have a hour or two watch it on youtube.
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E62ib...x=0&playnext=1)
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-01-23 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    The movie was originally put into development in the 1964's on a independent budget.
    I don't remember there being more than one 1964, but aside from that I think I found another movie I need to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Neressa View Post
    I don't remember there being more than one 1964, but aside from that I think I found another movie I need to watch.
    I hate people who nit-pick. Like how did you even notice that when you read through it?

Anyways, wow. That's..A serious shame. I mean, I've had projects I've worked on for a couple of years fall apart, but that's child's play compared to something like that, with serious production and over two, almost three decades spent on it. I bet he must've slumped into a serious depression. Aladdin was a classic of my childhood (Haha, speaking of, so was Who Framed Roger Rabbit), and I'll definitely be checking this out. Never watched anything by this Nostalgia Critic before, though I've heard his name thrown around a few times.
    Last edited by Job for a Cowboy; 2011-01-23 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    I hate people who nit-pick. Like how did you even notice that when you read through it?
    It was a sore subject, I put a little laugh in (for myself at least) and continued with the conversation. Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Necro View Post
    Are you asking someone how they noticed something they clearly read? Most people notice what they read, especially something that is pretty funny.

This does look like a great movie, especially with the sad tale of promise squandered that goes along with it.

"It turns out the only signature he needed was my fist! ... But with a pen in it ... that i was signing with."

I do not see why we need critics for movies. Who cares about what someone else thinks of a movie? All that matters is that you like it.

OT: I remember seeing that movie when I was younger. It's been a long while since I've seen it, might need to watch it again.