Exclamation Quick Macro question

Hey, holy paladin here. I use a macro to aoe taunt when I use holy shock on a teammate or myself. It works great for having casters' pets attack me out of sheep/blind/rept/etc.

My only problem with it is the macro is that if no pets are around, it will leave my cursor highlighted and I cannot cast without right clicking first.

Is there a line to cancel this?

Macro:
    #showtooltip Holy Shock
    /cast Holy Shock
    /cast [noharm,help] Righteous Defense

15+ Year Old Account
    I copied your macro, and am not having any problems with the hand highlighting at all. Tested on an npc and it shocks and taunts. Without a target it just taunts and that's all. No highlighted cursor on my end.

Ok, here we go. I finally got the cursor to stay lit. Seems to only happen if you have yourself hard targeted when you use it because you can't taunt off yourself. I don't know why you would hard target yourself to heal; seeing as you can auto cast upon yourself without a target or modifier cast.
    Last edited by Gracin; 2011-01-23 at 04:35 AM.

Odd, my best guess is that maybe I have some interface option selected that you don't that deals with targeting.

#showtooltip Holy Shock
    /cast Holy Shock
    /cast [noharm,help,exsists] Righteous Defense

Try that? I know help implies exist but curious if this changes it at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    So are you saying that even when you don't have a target and you use the macro it still highlights the cursor? If so, does the Holy Shock go off?

And btw Skinny, that doesn't change anything.

The problem arises when Holy Shock is on CD. I think this might just me being a nub.

I really don't know why you have [noharm,help] together. You're saying if they are not an enemy and a friend then cast Righteous Defense. They both mean the same thing so take either one out.

You can shorten to:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Holy Shock
    /cast [raid]Righteous Defense
    This will only cast the Taunt on other people in your BG\Arena\Party and not on yourself and should eliminate the glowing hand issue.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    I'll have to correct you on that. [raid] actually specifies that it should "only cast while in a raid group", not "only cast on raid members".

I suggest that [group:raid] is 'while you're in a raid group' and [raid] is a raid member. I tested it out in game before posting. It works great.

Deleted
    I stand corrected in that case.

I think you guys are missing the point regardless... it seems to me that he might press the macro and have no target, or be targeting himself, which would result in the 'glowing hand' as he put it.

edit: Come to think about it, I think there's no way to check if a player is targetting himself... In that case what you did makes sense, I'd still add [party] though... or does [raid] cover that ? I'm not sure and can't test right now.

#showtooltip
    /cast Holy Shock
    /cast [raid][party]Righteous Defense
    Last edited by perera; 2011-01-23 at 10:55 AM.

[raid] includes [party] as well. It's already covered. Targetting no one or himself will not fire off the taunt.