Resto in Battlegrounds.. trying to figure it out.

So, I'm thinking about going completely resto for PvP purposes but I'm having some trouble wrapping my head around the idea of effectively healing in a BG as a Druid. The survivability seems absolutely dependent on two cooldowns, barkskin and ToL, and with lifebloom only working on one target it seems like you'd want it on yourself much of the time since you can't heal when you're dead. And then what are you left with for other players?

I'm just curious to get some input on what Resto Druid PvP is like right now. I used to do it in BC but that was an entirely different ballgame. Do you get railroaded and die quickly? Do your hots get dispelled and you're useless? How do you feel overall in a battleground?

Any input is appreciated!

Resto druid is unkillable with less than 5 ppl in BG

I'm no guru on the ways of PvP druid healing, but I do enjoy it sometimes and I usually don't let people die.

The basics are like you said, make sure you know when you have barkskin and ToL up. If one of them is up then if you get focus'd you can pop them and either get away or live long enough for your buddies to kill the people. With that being said you need to predict who IS getting focused on and stack lifebloom on them. It's a crazy amount of healing and is pretty mana efficient.

After that you mainly want to use rejuve and regrowth as you see fit and only dispell things that are either: A) Taking your friends out of combat for too long or B) Stopping your friend from killing someone with low health. Don't try to dispel corruption or shadow word pain off of random passerby's.

I'm mainly coming from a crappy 2's/Random BGs standpoint so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Also there is a pretty good cataclysm healing guide that was entered into the guide contest awhile back if you want some help with specifics and what not.

7 and a half commandments to Cataclysm PvP healing: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...sm-PvP-healing

1. Get resi
    2. ???
    3. Profit

May seem a bit trolling, but with resi, I can keep up LB on myself when I have 1 dps on me. Seriously, its just like, go away, its like a mosquito biting you. Mostly heal with regrowth, lifebloom and swiftmend. Kite a LOT. Do a lot of rooting and cycloning. If melee are attacking you, keep moving with Natures grasp up/root them. I generally keep natures swiftness for a quick cyclone on a healer. Erm, Ill think about it then come back with more stuff.

Hmm, you guys are giving me hope!

I'm really starting to give thought to going Resto now... I'm sure it'll be really painful at first with only crafted and a couple honor pieces of gear, though.

Hmm!

Having nearly 3k resi myself I put LB on wichever target is getting trained the most, put a rejuv up, then switfmend, maybe a regrowth and wait for the LB stacks to expire then rinse and repeat, during the waitin time I blanket rejuv on other 'in need' targets,
    not rly rocket science but practice does make perfect i'd say

also: Travel Form is your friend, I dont need LB on myself with Travel Form

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're getting focused by multiples, ToL + barkskin = about 30 seconds of damn near guaranteed survivability.

Keep lifebloom stacked on a target, but let it bloom if they're about to take a lot of incoming damage - this includes yourself.

Rejuv is cheap, cast it and swiftmend to your heart's content. Don't forget nature's grasp, HIBERNATE (very, very useful vs BM hunters and feral druids), entangling roots, and thorns. Yes, thorns. Got a rogue on you? Pop barskin + thorns, rejuv on yourself, watch them kill themselves.

So overall you guys feel good in BGs as a Druid healer?

REALLY starting to lean towards going Resto after I counted the amount of times today I would have died without a root break (average between 8-20 in BGs.. Frost Mages just have so many roots and balance/resto spamming roots.) I know people say to work around it but I've yet to have a good idea on how you work around it, considering you can be nova'd/rooted at range basically at will and if you use your trinket the OTHER most popular class hits you with a 5 second stun and you eat it and die.

lol resto is ridiculous, some random warrior whispered me last night asking to do 2s and i said i have 0 resil and he says its ok man we can just try. so 3 games later and we are 3-0. in one of the matches his battery died and i ended up healing myself for about 5 min until he came back and we still won. i had full mana the entire time in pve gear and kept myself alive. there was a dk beating on me the entire time.

resto druid pvp = win!
    I started last week without any pvp gear, and the more pvp gear I am getting the more fun it is!
    One thing I am not looking forward to is that we can't powershift out of CC like frozen and roots in the next patch... that will suck monkeyballs!
    For the rest, I almost never use cast time spells in BG's... Just use lifebloom, rejuv and swiftmend and when you have time and you won't get interupted use regrowth. Never use nourish, it takes hours to cast so you'll just stand there asking to be interupted!
    And barkskin, Natures grasp, ToL and travel form are your best friends!
    Also don't forget to use skull bash when you can to interupt other casters It may miss, but when it lands its pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Milkcow View Post
    resto druid pvp = win!
    I started last week without any pvp gear, and the more pvp gear I am getting the more fun it is!
    One thing I am not looking forward to is that we can't powershift out of CC like frozen and roots in the next patch... that will suck monkeyballs!
    Go read patch notes again.. Restos keep the ability to shift out of roots, it got moved to a primary resto ability. Only Feral and maybe Balance got the nerf (I expect they'll give it back to Balance, but maybe not.)

Haven't played it myself (feral) but restro in PVP seems insane. I can harass them, but I can't by myself even put a dent in their mana. Just have to CC them as much as possible and hope someone helps me out...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bcl0328 View Post
    lol resto is ridiculous, some random warrior whispered me last night asking to do 2s and i said i have 0 resil and he says its ok man we can just try. so 3 games later and we are 3-0. in one of the matches his battery died and i ended up healing myself for about 5 min until he came back and we still won. i had full mana the entire time in pve gear and kept myself alive. there was a dk beating on me the entire time.
    If you are talking about his mouse battery, then this is highly HIGHLY suspect.

If you are talking about his laptop battery, then you are flat out lying.

Anyone who dc's in an arena is immediatly removed from the arena with no chance of getting back into the battle, it has been that way for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

This aint true. You can not DC and come back into arena. You will end up where you entered when you come back and the zero resi talk, if thats true then you must have played against ppl in greens cause i can tell you that if u don't get peels you will die in 1 stun with zero resi unless you have ToL or barkskin up (or perhabs full epic raid gear) if youre against 2 players. Sry what you wrote is just too far out

Deleted
    I loled hard at every single phrase, did you really think people would believe this? This is not your thread, a guy asked people for their opinions on resto pvp, please dont try to troll.

Don't forget about Thorns, most usefull 4k+ resi resto druid spell by far. Someone needs to kill those annoying pests scratching your armor!

Other than that if you glyph roots and use nature's grasp on cooldown, you don't even need to heal urself.

IMMA CHARGIN' MA' VENGEANCE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Griefel View Post
    Don't forget about Thorns, most usefull 4k+ resi resto druid spell by far. Someone needs to kill those annoying pests scratching your armor!

Other than that if you glyph roots and use nature's grasp on cooldown, you don't even need to heal urself.
    Like... Natures grasp insta-kills melees and auto-heals all dmg from casters spells and dots, and of course melee dots, diseases and bleeds? Damn it! Mine must be bugged, Ill contact blizzard asap!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    If you are talking about his mouse battery, then this is highly HIGHLY suspect.

If you are talking about his laptop battery, then you are flat out lying.

Anyone who dc's in an arena is immediatly removed from the arena with no chance of getting back into the battle, it has been that way for a long time.
    Not true anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't arena much but I'm fairly hard to kill in BGs or Tol Barad. I only have 4-set blue lv 85 PVP gear, and my old 264 PVP trinket. It usually takes around 5 people focusing me to kill me. Don't be afraid to keep lifebloom on yourself if they're attacking you...if they're after you, they're not attacking your teammates so you don't have to heal them. I generally rely on a lot of barkskin + nature's grasp for melee and if I can't insta-root them they're usually REALLY really easy to kite around. Honestly...it's fun watching ret pallies chasing you trying to hit you and they can't get close enough.