Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ozruk is the hardest boss in heroics, simply because of all the braindead tanks out there

I roll resto shaman, i have ilvl 351 and know exactly what your talking about. Siamat is the bane of resto shamans due to most tanks being tards and tanking the boss inside the green AoE that does epic buttsex dmg to everyone.

Resto shaman here, Siamat is easymode like all other heroic bosses.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...amaan/advanced

Deleted
    Hey guys!

Someone knows a good Failbot addon, cause I can't find any good updated one on Wow.curse

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Siamat harder than others? There isn't even any big damagers in that fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raravez View Post
    Hey guys!

Someone knows a good Failbot addon, cause I can't find any good updated one on Wow.curse
    The best way to tell if someone is failing is their (this being the DPS mainly) Health going down fast. Most of the damage can be avoided ( except the AoE transition )

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Holy Paladin, I find Siamat to be rather easy. People can get quite low but they're never in danger of dying.

Difficulty usually determines on if the DPS know what they need to do. 99% of fights are hard if the dps are clueless. Hardest I've seen happens to be Commander Springvale.

Unless you count in RNG, in which the winner is Altarius and his tornadoes that spawn on top of you and chain throw you out of his arena, causing you to take 40k damage every second
    Last edited by Luminar; 2011-01-23 at 04:25 PM.

He is not the hardest boss, but he is the hardest achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    In pugs, definitely Erudax. The whole business with slowing and DPSing the correct, assigned add seems to be a monumental task for most PuG DPS brains.
    Amen to this. It's a PITA trying to heal through the little dragons, keep the tank up and run from shadow gale :/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    As a Holy Paladin, I find Siamat to be rather easy. People can get quite low but they're never in danger of dying.

Difficulty usually determines on if the DPS know what they need to do. Hardest I've seen happens to be Commander Springvale.

Unless you count in RNG, in which the winner is Altarius and his tornadoes that spawn on top of you and chain throw you out of his arena, causing you to take 40k damage every second.
    Dear god i hate the retarded dragon. its not a hard fight but the randomness of the tornadoes is the killer, complex fight mechanics im fine with. But random spawned and tracking Tornadoes can make for an interesting fight especially for new tanks or healers to contend with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind the Wizard View Post
    I don't find Siamat to be much of a problem. When going for the achievement however, he becomes horrendous.
    This. He's really easy with a proper healer, when you aren't going for the achievement. That thing just pulls out teeth.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Varex View Post
    Dear god i hate the retarded dragon. its not a hard fight but the randomness of the tornadoes is the killer, complex fight mechanics im fine with. But random spawned and tracking Tornadoes can make for an interesting fight especially for new tanks or healers to contend with.
    The tornadoes only seem to spawn on his platform. If the healer and dps just waits for the tank to pull before going up, that should eliminate the danger of randomly spawned tornadoes. As a tank I have never had any problem with them spawning on top of me when I pull.

They're quite easy to avoid once the fight has started. Not extremely easy to make it boring, but easy enough to not make it frustrating.

on my holy pally he is just another face roll.. i've seen plenty of threads about shammies complaining but i havent had any trouble healing any heroic yet... i leveled thru dungeons so i had a 327 ilevel as soon as i hit 85.. at i333 i was able to heal h-batol no problem.. i dont know if its specifically because im a pally but mana hasnt been an issue for me at all due to the fact i have a macro set up to judge my target's target and then target last focus... it enables me to spam judgement everytime its up and basically not have to worry about using larger heals such as divne light or fol when im in a tight spot. i guess this doesnt apply to shammies though but id suggest having your dps burn the adds in phase 2 if you'ye having that much trouble... also make sure your not standing in that swirly thing on the ground during the fight
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Just follow the tactics and kill him? :<

Healed it in 333 as holy priest without problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadi View Post
    Amen to this. It's a PITA trying to heal through the little dragons, keep the tank up and run from shadow gale :/
    Simply make a macro saying "ADD! Kill it!" when one spawns. I one shot it every time with that. You can't expect to be silent and beat him with no communication.

Deleted
    i believe the last boss of GB is, forgot his name, Ezumak or somin, as if u dont have any slows and rubbish dps, you have no chance, where as most bosses this can be easily solved

Try to help out interrupting adds in the second phase, and tell the dps to watch out for clouds. Pop Spiritwalker's Grace during the P2 transition where you get slapped around a lot. He will begin the phase by frontloading a fair share of damage on your party, but then stop for a while to regain mana. You just need to keep people alive through this "burn" phase, then take your time to heal everyone up for the next one. The thing that can easily destroy you during this phase is the adds, which chain-lightning on a fairly short cast timer. Make sure someone handle them.

And also, try to avoid standing on the big adds when they die. The debuff "Lightning Charge" lasts for 30 seconds and increases damage by 10%, haste by 10% and damage taken by 33% per charge. If you have good dps (as in numbers, not necessarily awareness) you might refresh the stack before it expires and take even more damage for a slight DPS gain.

Deleted
    * High Priestess Azill in Stonecore (if kicking the forcegrip doesnt work, which never works in PuGs)
    * Commander Springvale in SFK (if the damage on the Adds is to low)
    * Lord Godfrey in SFK (if nobody is able to decurse, and kicking Cursed Bullets the 0.9sec cast fails)

And my all Time favorite PuG random Hero.... GRIM BATOL

Playing "Catch the Blitz" on Umbriss
    Playing "Stand in the Cave in, it gives rage... and point your ugly face right INTO the shield...gives rage, too" on Throngus
    Playing "Hug the Add" on Drahga

There is no PuG ive joined in Grim Batol that didnt break up^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgemaster Throngus is a pain in the arse to heal on HC

About 10% of tanks seem to know how to tank Karsh Steelbender and they hardly ever taunt the adds off me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Simply make a macro saying "ADD! Kill it!" when one spawns. I one shot it every time with that. You can't expect to be silent and beat him with no communication.
    The problem is when people are on the adds and they're going down but not quick enough. I've never not said "Add" when there were adds and folks weren't going for them (but nice of you to assume ofc).

10+ Year Old Account
    As a shaman, if I have hero up I just tell them to stack. There's more incoming damage but I find my Healing Rain and CH with a hero is more than enough to get through P2. I haven't had much trouble with any boss if the group is smart though. But it's very situational. One DPS standing in some AoE just makes your job that much harder.

I'd say Springvale is the worst. The whole interrupt/nuke adds is something that 95% of DPS don't get. Makes for a helluva fight sometimes.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-01-23 at 05:31 PM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.