Deleted

Wild Growth selftarget macro

Hello. I basically want a macro that does the following: Casts Wild Growth on me and changes back the target to my previous one (before selecting myself as a target). I only managed to do a simple /target myself /cast wildgrowth macro which does not change back the target to the one i previously had.
    Thx.

/cast [@self] Wild Growth

or was it @player
    something along these lines

15+ Year Old Account
    /cast [@player] Wild Growth;
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted
    thx, /cast [@player] Wild Growth did the trick.

Better to cast it on the boss so it hits melee imo.

It really depends on the composition of the group. The raid group I run with has only one melee usually at best, not counting tanks. So if the tanks are on separate mobs then the wild growth won't usually hit more than two targets if I cast it on the boss.

Deleted
    thing is, sometimes I am not in range of the boss, so I need to retarget and recast WG, thus loosing precious time. That is why I prefer to cast it on me.

I suggest you try using [@mouseover] instead of [@player]. You'll gain flexibility without losing too much time, if at all.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tueland View Post
    wth? ._. he wants to cast wild growth on himself.. how can he lose time by just pressing the buttom? oO
    I mean, if he uses /cast [@mouseover] Wild Growth , he only has to mouseover himself and press the button. This doesn't take that long compared to just pressing the button; I at least can do it quickly enough. And he also can mousever a cluster of allies, an enemy, or the raid frames, and cast the spell whenever he wants without changing targets. Am I clearer now?
    "Holy bananas Ghostcrawler, ferals are doing well in pvp again!"

"What!? To the nerfmobile!"

/cast [@mouseover] [] Wild Growth

That macro will cast it on your mouseover if you got one. If you have nothing on mouseover, you'll cast it on yourself.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd even add the following:

/cast [@mouseover,nomod][@player,mod:alt][] Wild Growth;

Casts Wild Growth on mouseover, unless you press alt with the hotkey, then it will cast it on yourself. If you have no mouseover it will cast it on your current target.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Simplest way to do it is:

/target Player
    /cast Wild Growth
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    /cast [target=player] Wild Growth

I use mouseovers for every healing spell other than my focus lifebloom for late tank refreshes.

Deleted
    As a quick pointer to those suggesting target-swapping macros, a macro'd spell doesn't need to change your target (you can use @focus or @tanknamehere or such), e.g. for casting Thorns on the tank without target-swapping or so forth.