Thread: 6850CF vs 6950

6850CF vs 6950

Hello forum,
    I was wondering if anyone here has experience running CF 6850 in WoW. Yes I know crossfire isn't supported in WoW but, how do you bench? I ask because I plan on buying a pair of 6850's because they preform better than a single 6950 for most games (at a cheaper price). However being alone a weaker card: do you find running a single 6850 (or crossfire if it isn't crippling) acceptable under twenty five man scenarios.

Deleted
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/302?vs=293
    Yeah crossfire 6850's are better than a single 6950. But you can flash the 6950 BIOS to turn it into a 6970 with pretty low effort
    during to anandtech benchmarks one 6970 would be pretty equivalent to CF 6850. But still CF 6850 are an inch better.

See I know this, I was hoping for experience or at bare minimum a benchmark for WoW with the cards.

Deleted
    Crossfire is supported by WoW if you are running in fullscreen. If you are running in window mode (or Fullscreen windowed), it will only use 1 gpu.

You won't be crippled by a (or two) 6850 in Wow.
    So you have nothing to worry about, as long as you're sure to make use of both cards in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    A single 6850 is more then enough for WoW even in 25 man raids.