Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Engineered Hunter Pets

Id like to see if anyone else likes the idea of engineered pets for hunters. Like a Harvest Reaper, Robot Chicken or Lil’ Smoky... anything that looks mechanical.

10+ Year Old Account
    no. we tame beasts. not robots.

robots are a tad "non-hunter" to me, but... engineeering a lazer to mount to the top of my kitty.... i could see this working
    Worgen Druids
    Now we Have Shapeshift in our Shapeshift, so we can Shapeshift while we Shapeshift.

Deleted
    well blizz made a few exception b4, like those fel beasts, that are nothing but beasts and some undead beasts, wich all for game purposes count as beasts ofc, i honesly wouldnt mind something like the engeneer mechanical sqirrel, but nothing that doesnt even resemble a pet like lil smoky and such

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't forsee us taming robots anymore than there being a bard class that can tame humanoids.
    Now engineering giving something to our pets, that I can see. Like the above poster, a laser would be cool, but even better would be electrified claws or teeth. Added damage, plus a 2% chance to stun. I could also see blacksmithing, tailoring, and leather working making armor for our pets.
    A simple change that can improve the female worgen:
    http://tinypic.com/r/1zq7p0g/7

I had actually written up and entire series of ideas loosely based on this concept, largely the idea being that our profession choices would more greatly augment our primary class. Allowing an Engineer hunter to tame Mechanicals was one of those concepts. There were lots of other things like a demon infused leather automaton for Warlock LW's. Allowing an engineer Priest to make Holy Hand Grenades. it was fun to write up, but it's never really been explored by anyone else.

tl;dr I think it would be awesome for engeineering hunters to be able to tame mechanicals.

---------- Post added 2011-01-23 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshata View Post
    plus a 2% chance to stun.
    Blizz has quite purposely and methodically removed all the "Chance to stun" stuff from the game,

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swargle View Post
    I had actually written up and entire series of ideas loosely based on this concept, largely the idea being that our profession choices would more greatly augment our primary class. Allowing an Engineer hunter to tame Mechanicals was one of those concepts. There were lots of other things like a demon infused leather automaton for Warlock LW's. Allowing an engineer Priest to make Holy Hand Grenades. it was fun to write up, but it's never really been explored by anyone else.

tl;dr I think it would be awesome for engeineering hunters to be able to tame mechanicals.

I have a Goblin hunter that ive been leveling up with enginering and thought it would be cool for him to have an engineered pet along with his trike and helicopter, just seems like it would fit better then a crab....

Deleted
    When I saw the title I thought of genetic engineering

Cross-breed a crab and Chromaggus please, I'd love to see that

No. I don't think that robots have a hunter feel at all. Like someone said above, we tame beasts, not robots.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odayaka View Post
    No. I don't think that robots have a hunter feel at all. Like someone said above, we tame beasts, not robots.
    Ok i somewhat agree with what your saying. But a hunter with engineering as a skill is unseeable to have a mechanical pet? He/She wouldnt go out and tame the robot, it would be crafted.

I was just discussing this with a guild member not too long ago. I believe that it would be awesome for an engineer to create a hunter pet. I think it fits with the overall theme of engineering. Engineers can already create machines that attack creatures (although we cant control them directly), so something like this would be the next step and entirely within reason. Blackmaw/Soo-holu are perfect examples of what an engineered pet could look like. I would say make 1 cunning, 1 tenacity, and 1 ferocity pet each and call it a day.

Matter of fact, make one unique engineered pet (it wouldn't belong to any group so it would not have a special ability) and give it a unique ability called Adapt which would allow it to switch between the 3 talent trees and have a 30min CD. I should write this on the official WoW forums and see what I get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than what others have said, this would force a lot of hunters to go engineering, it would almost feel as though engineering is part of the hunter class.

It wouldn't force them to go engineering if the pet could be sold to other hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Too op. Our pets already hit for 3k + with their furry paws. Do you know what would happen if those were steel claws? That would hurt!

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really fit in with how Blizzard wants to portray hunters.

Personally, I would LOVE to see a tinker/sniper type of class or spec. Think Marks-hunter, but with no pet, or a robotic pet instead, and their abilities will be based off technology instead of nature.

I made a Roleplaying character along these lines. I took up engineering, and didn't have a pet out whenever I RP'd, except for my robot companion pet.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2011-01-23 at 09:41 PM.

i always like the idea of taming pets for use in combat and riding.

It would just seem... wrong. But cool. Like choppers!