Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Buff UA dispel damage.

Right so why is the penalty for dispelling UA now nothing, i mean healers dispelling our "dispel protection skill" and the silence isnt game breaking, and then the damage isnt enough to make them think oh no.

Seriously i think it needs a serious buff, anyone with me?

Ex-warlock Now Priest. I started pvping and noticed I'm dispelling it and it causes nothing more then a small annoyance. Yea it should be buffed.

Was more fun in BC when it would crit for 65% of their health if they dispelled it, and silenced them.

Deleted
    It should be undispellable.

Isn't it somethin' like a 4 second silence, damage, and has no DR? Sounds fine to me...
    If that is not the case, maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshkau View Post
    Isn't it somethin' like a 4 second silence, damage, and has no DR? Sounds fine to me...
    If that is not the case, maybe!
    yeah it used to work, so far this season, its pointless and weak, people are just super dispelling constantly, and the damage ~19k before resil is awful and not enough imo, going vs a decent resto shammy i will never be able to unleash damage beacuse everything just gets dispeled.

Deleted
    It need a GREAT BUFF! but blizztards is so really retarded

Deleted
    As a destruction warlock
    all i can say is
    atleast theres a minor consequence for unstable affliction

wait, whered my immolate go ?

Dispelling so far this season is silly.
    Both warlocks, shadow priests and elemental shamans will agree its just to easy to click dispell.

at least yuor dispell protections deals dmg and doesnt dr itself

15+ Year Old Account
    UA's dispell protection is the silence and the icing on the cake is the fact that it does damage too. Its getting rightfully nerfed with the next patch. It shares no DR with anything you have or itself (contrary to what you want to say it doesn't). Try playing a class that is dependent on having dots on their target and their only dispell protection is completely negated if someone besides the person the dot is on removes it AND if the person with the dot on them actually does dispell it themself it shares DR with your only other CC which has a 30 second CD & itself and does absolutely no damage at all therefore its incentive to actually dispell the dot to make you immune to your only form of CC.

Yeah, UA definately needs to be buffed because its too underpowered.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    UA's dispell protection is the silence and the icing on the cake is the fact that it does damage too. Its getting rightfully nerfed with the next patch. It shares no DR with anything you have or itself (contrary to what you want to say it doesn't). Try playing a class that is dependent on having dots on their target and their only dispell protection is completely negated if someone besides the person the dot is on removes it AND if the person with the dot on them actually does dispell it themself it shares DR with your only other CC which has a 30 second CD & itself and does absolutely no damage at all therefore its incentive to actually dispell the dot to make you immune to your only form of CC.

you mean like an affliction warlock, besides having a slightly less effective dispel protection?
    or destro warlocks whose main dot isn't protected at all?
    or a fire mage who has NO dispel protect now LB won't explode on removal?
    or a druid who has no dispel protection?

yeah, shadow priests have it SO bad

at least you can redot them whilst they're horrored, silence just means they can run behind a pillar

Deleted

Fail to see why youre flaming when both classes have the same problem, only difference being affliction is insane due to its self healing.
    Dispelling atm is far to strong regardless of class.
    Id settle for a 3 second horror if they dispell my immolate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    you mean like an affliction warlock, besides having a slightly less effective dispel protection?
    Sorry sweetheart but UA is the best dispell protection in the game. It has absolutely no DR with itself or other silences AND it does damage to the person who dispells it.

or destro warlocks whose main dot isn't protected at all?
    or a fire mage who has NO dispel protect now LB won't explode on removal?
    or a druid who has no dispel protection?
    That's an issue for those specs and they should be the ones QQ'ing about not having dispell protection (same with ele shaman who don't have one with their guarenteed crit lava burst as long as flame shock is on their target). Doesn't change the fact that UA's dispell protection is completely OP and even Blizzard felt that way about it hense the nerf to the length of silence it provides. Now if they only made it so the silence shared DR with itself and other silences it would bring it down quite a bit from the OP state it currently is in.

yeah, shadow priests have it SO bad

at least you can redot them whilst they're horrored, silence just means they can run behind a pillar
    You just proved you know nothing about shadow priests other than we CAN have someone horrored if its dispelled. But what you don't understand is that our horror upon dispelling only works if the person that has VT dispells it themself. If you put it on a healer and someone else dispells it (or put it on a dps and the healer dispells it) there is no horror at all. Also the "horror" shares a DR with our fear and has since Wrath. That makes our 3 second "horror" cut our 8 second duration 30 second CD fear into a a 4 second fear with the same 30 second CD (26 seconds talented or 29 seconds talented & glyphed to have them stay in place or 33 sec CD if you only glyph to have them stay in place). Yeah we have it so great!!!

Also did you know that in those 5 seconds (with the patch it'll be 4 seconds) with no DR that the person is silenced and running behind a pillar they aren't healing? Did you know that in the 4 seconds that (assuming the healer dispelled himself and got the "horror" on him) that the next time he dispells it it will only be a 2 second "horror" and after that...oh he's immune? And on top of all that DR stacking when the person dispells himself (remember our protection only works if the person with VT dispells himself unlike UA where the person who dispells gets the silence no matter who had the UA on them) it does absolutely no damage anymore because people (mostly warlocks from what I remember because it shared DR with your fears and horrors) qq'd on the WoW forums that our protection was too OP and how UA was way too under powered (eventhough 1 dispell of UA used to take a person down almost 2/3 of their life with 1 dispell AND it silenced them too). Yeah, shadow priests have it sooooo great...

---------- Post added 2011-01-23 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Oblide View Post
    Id settle for a 3 second horror if they dispell my immolate
    In the end, I'd like to see any class that has a dot have some sort of dispell protection. The point I was making is that UA absolutely needs no buff at all & infact still needs to be nerfed more than its getting with the 1 second off the silence. It needs to be fixed and share DR with itself and other silence effects or remove the damage done to bring it more in line with our dispell protection. I'd really love to see them fix our Sin and Punishment that has been broken for 2 expansions now though.

hey priests, can it. read you're damn patch notes.
    # Sin and Punishment is now properly causing its terror affect when dispelled. In addition, it no longer shares diminishing returns with fear effects. It now shares diminishing returns with horrify effects.
    and kindly gtfo our forums
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-23 at 10:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    hey priests, can it. read you're damn patch notes.

and kindly gtfo our forums
    Shows you no nothing about priests. The "hotfix" never happened eventhough it was listed on the Jan 18 blog of the hotfixes. If you had read priests talking about it on pvp threads or on the priest threads you would have known that. Its still bugged just like it has been for 2 expansions now.

Shows you no nothing about priests. The "hotfix" never happened eventhough it was listed on the Jan 18 blog of the hotfixes. If you had read priests talking about it on pvp threads or on the priest threads you would have known that. Its still bugged just like it has been for 2 expansions now.
    If you know the word "know" you wouldn't look like an idiot on the internets

I don't read priest forums, I'm a warlock.

^^this guy "QQQ baahahahahha whahhhh there's a bug that is listed in the hotfixes but not active on live realms " --this must be the very first time something like this has happened.
    I read the notes and assume for the most part the changes are implemented. look for it when 4.06 is released then and stop griping on the WARLOCK boards about PRIEST issues

Just because your class suffered a BUG in a hotfix is your argument against adjusting a warlock ability?
    @ your post #13:Why in gods name does our class need to be more "in line" with yours? News flash: different classes have different perks
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-24 at 12:10 AM.

If you know the word "know" you wouldn't look like an idiot on the internets

I don't read priest forums, I'm a warlock.

^^this guy "QQQ baahahahahha whahhhh there's a bug that is listed in the hotfixes but not active on live realms " --this must be the very first time something like this has happened.
    I read the notes and assume for the most part the changes are implemented. look for it when 4.06 is released then and stop griping on the WARLOCK boards about PRIEST issues

Just because your class suffered a BUG in a hotfix is your argument against adjusting a warlock ability?
    Why in gods name does our class need to be more "in line" with yours? News flash: different classes have different perks
    You are an idiot, sin and punishment is not fixed. It no longer shares DR with fear, however it shares DR with ITSELF, physic horror, and yes YOUR death coil. On top of this Sin and punishment instantly breaks on damage. Healers are encouraged to dispel VT, not only will it remove a large portion of our damage, it will drain our mana.(Did I forget to mention the DR?) Unlike warlocks priests do not have unlimited mana and shadow is a mana hog (masochism doesn't restore crap). So if a shadow priest is focusing a healer, and that healer is not dispelling our DoT's he/she is doing it wrong.

However if a warlocks DoTs is focusing on a healer, it will be the death of him if he dispels UA. A silence that shares no DR with itself and a chunk of damage is removed from the dispelers health.

Before making idiotic posts, take a deep breathe and think, glnger.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-24 at 12:18 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    It's working as intended. If it was supposed to make all your spells undispellable, it would do so. It's called dispel PROTECTION, not dispel IMMUNITY. It punishes people for dispelling your dots, making them having to think first. A silence at a bad time can mean they lose the game.

lolz why so many priests up in our forums?
    for starters warlocks do not have "infinite mana" using life tap is quite punishing on your healer if your taking excessive damage

Again I ask why do you think UA deserves a DR? because your dispel protection has one?>> That's stupid, go away.
    dispel protection "shouldn't" imo have a DR period(for any class--read this twice, because it is important), since it is dependent on someone dispelling it rather than someone /casting a dispel

L2 read thread topic plz: why do you come in here all aggro when a warlock asks "hey, why cant we get a buff for our spec"

Now when someone comes in here saying "zomg guise, wtf these shadow priestz are so OP, I want them nerfed and us buffed right NAO!!" then you can come in here and spout your dribble.
    Any argument you make that starts with "well priest dispel protection only does X" kindly shove it and go whine where people care--priest forums

Kthxbye.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-24 at 12:27 AM.

lolz why so many priests up in our forums?
    for starters warlocks do not have "infinite mana" using life tap is quite punishing on your healer if your taking excessive damage

Again I ask why do you think UA deserves a DR? because your dispel protection has one?>> That's stupid, go away.
    dispel protection "shouldn't" imo have a DR period(for any class--read this twice, because it is important), since it is dependent on someone dispelling it rather than someone /casting a dispel

L2 read thread topic plz: why do you come in here all aggro when a warlock asks "hey, why cant we get a buff for our spec"

Now when someone comes in here saying "zomg guise, wtf these shadow priestz are so OP, I want them nerfed and us buffed right NAO!!" then you can come in here and spout your dribble. kthxbye
    I see you still can not think before making ignorant posts.

1) You have infinite mana, you might be get damaged but if you are using it when being pressured that is your fault. Use it when the time is right. So many priests on the warlock forums because maybe.... they play a warlock also?

2) Who said UA deserves DR? I did not say that nor imply that, but currently in the game comparied to all other DoT classes it is the best Dispel protection in the game while priests dispel protection is completely broken.

3) The topic is about buffing warlocks dispel damage via UA, which I agree. All dispel protections are lack luster. You started ranting on about how priest dispel protection is fine compared to warlocks, which it is not and started making false statements. You also stated you know nothing about priests or you don't bother to read the priest forums, yet you are making complete false statements about priests. (You know the class you know nothing about)

4) Obvious troll is obvious.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-24 at 12:32 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.