Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    again in case you missed it
    ^^this guy "QQQ baahahahahha whahhhh there's a bug that is listed in the hotfixes but not active on live realms " --this must be the very first time something like this has happened.
    I read the notes and assume for the most part the changes are implemented. look for it when 4.06 is released then and stop griping on the WARLOCK boards about PRIEST issues

Just because your class suffered a BUG in a hotfix is your argument against adjusting a warlock ability?
    Why in gods name does our class need to be more "in line" with yours? News flash: different classes have different perks
    fact correction here. I was replying to the person whom I even quoted that was talking about priests, and well I agree sure, i was wrong in that the hotfix is currently not implemented, but it more than likely will be included with the next patch. Does it work like this on the PTR. idk, I'm not a priest.

And yes, I'll troll priests all day that come in here and cry about their bugged VT. This isn't the first time, and i doubt it will be the last time
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-24 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    again in case you missed it

I was replying to the first priest that stepped in here, and well I agree sure, i was wrong in that the hotfix is currently not implemented, but it more than likely will be included with the next patch. Does it work like this on the PTR. idk, I'm not a priest.

And yes, I'll troll priests all day that come in here and cry about their bugged VT. This isn't the first time, and i doubt it will be the last time
    Again you missed my point. You replayed to that priest with an ignorant rant which is never needed. You also failed to read that the hotfix doesn't fix Sin and punishment. The hotfix as you posted, makes it so S&P does not share DR with fear, not horror effects, fear. So that means it shares DR with itself, physic horror and death coil (Thats a nerf to warlocks too), plus it breaks on damage.

If you are a healer not dispelling shadow priest dots at this point you are a fool (I don't specifically need to point out the reasons why right? They are quite obvious.) Not only is dispel spamming still existing, it doesn't make healers go oom easily (like blizzard said it would). Plus it eats a shadow priest dots, meaning we have to recast instead of doing damage and that cost mana. Shadow priest pvp is the most inefficient mana class in the game. An oom priest is a dead priest.

While UA does need tweaking, it is still far superior over all DoT classes currently.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-24 at 12:46 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Again you missed my point.
    While UA does need tweaking, it is still far superior over all DoT classes currently.
    "ALL" dot classes being just shadowpriests.. dont you dare mentioning DK's as a dot class.

now for a more interesting topic: Disspell protection on immolate... disspelling that doesn't only remove the dot... it also prevents us from casting conflagrate and reduces the damage incinerate does. When immolate is disspelled it should fire an automatic conflagrate on the disspeller for the dmg it would do with that immolate, (not putting conflag on cooldown)

support this idea !

true, but you are also comparing your dot protection to the original dot class.
    If you agree that UA in fact does need tweaking, and furthermore that all dot classes need a better dispel protection, why post in warlock threads? seems like a wasted effort.
    I was disappointed at the false statements made about dispels as much as anyone. I was like "zomg, this could be fun!!"

in all reality it isn't really a matter of how strong, or how good/bad(this can all be balanced between classes to some degree) dispel protection is, it's how damn potent dispel has become against some classes, how every healer has a magic dispel, and how efficient it is in terms of healing the damage or dispelling the dots doing damage, which looking back seems more counter-productive to the stated design of dispels coming into cata

15+ Year Old Account
    ^^this guy "QQQ baahahahahha whahhhh there's a bug that is listed in the hotfixes but not active on live realms " --this must be the very first time something like this has happened.
    I read the notes and assume for the most part the changes are implemented. look for it when 4.06 is released then and stop griping on the WARLOCK boards about PRIEST issues

Just because your class suffered a BUG in a hotfix is your argument against adjusting a warlock ability?
    @ your post #13:Why in gods name does our class need to be more "in line" with yours? News flash: different classes have different perks
    NEWSFLASH the hotfix listing they posted that you quoted were hotfixes put on the LIVE servers not the PTR. On the PTR is is still the same as it is on live. And you saying "just because your class suffered a bug in a hotfix" is 100% inaccurate. The bug the class has been suffering from has been around for 2 expansions now. Its not a new bug that "just popped up". How would you like it if UA didn't work as it was supposed to for 2 xpacs and was encouraged for healers to dispell it off to become immune from the dispell protection AND it was reported too many times to count that it was broken in those 2 xpacs? Would you be saying that other things needed to be brought in line with your broken talent?
    My statement that the dispell protection of UA needs to be more in line with the dispell protection of VT is simply because UA in its current state is OP compared to VT in its current state. VT used to do a small amount of damage when dispelled and was changed to its current state. It never hit for anywhere what UA hit for (gg 2/3 of my HP gone and silenced for 5 seconds)

true, but you are also comparing your dot protection to the original dot class.
    If you agree that UA in fact does need tweaking, and furthermore that all dot classes need a better dispel protection, why post in warlock threads? seems like a wasted effort.
    I was disappointed at the false statements made about dispels as much as anyone. I was like "zomg, this could be fun!!"

in all reality it isn't really a matter of how strong, or how good/bad(this can all be balanced between classes to some degree) dispel protection is, it's how damn potent dispel has become against some classes, how every healer has a magic dispel, and how efficient it is in terms of healing the damage or dispelling the dots doing damage, which looking back seems more counter-productive to the stated design of dispels coming into cata
    Why argue about priest dispel protection in a warlock thread, ask this yourself.

You might be the original dot class but this isn't vanilla, you are not the only class that uses DoT's as a source of damage (fire mages, demo locks, destro locks). Play a shadow priest at 85, then you will know why so many priests get defensive when people make post about how "weak" afflictions protection is.
    Last edited by zito; 2011-01-24 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think rather than do damage, UA should manaburn when dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I think rather than do damage, UA should manaburn when dispelled.
    This was also suggested for VT :P

@kosuko, it also takes away backdraft. but to me destro in wotlk and again in cata is more about ccing and then applying quick burst when it becomes advantageous and cause the healer to cast so u can score a silence. against teams with 2 dispellers, thats another story lol

Quote Originally Posted by kosuko View Post

now for a more interesting topic: Disspell protection on immolate... disspelling that doesn't only remove the dot... it also prevents us from casting conflagrate and reduces the damage incinerate does. When immolate is disspelled it should fire an automatic conflagrate on the disspeller for the dmg it would do with that immolate, (not putting conflag on cooldown)

support this idea !

support

errr I mean

/support

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    This was also suggested for VT :P
    Well it makes sense, they actually said they wanted to make Dispelling in PvP expensive and more considered, but then realised that would suck in PvE so didn't end up making that change. This is just a way of ensuring that cost occurs in PvP, but not PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    NEWSFLASH the hotfix listing they posted that you quoted were hotfixes put on the LIVE servers not the PTR. On the PTR is is still the same as it is on live. And you saying "just because your class suffered a bug in a hotfix" is 100% inaccurate. The bug the class has been suffering from has been around for 2 expansions now. Its not a new bug that "just popped up". How would you like it if UA didn't work as it was supposed to for 2 xpacs and was encouraged for healers to dispell it off to become immune from the dispell protection AND it was reported too many times to count that it was broken in those 2 xpacs? Would you be saying that other things needed to be brought in line with your broken talent?
    My statement that the dispell protection of UA needs to be more in line with the dispell protection of VT is simply because UA in its current state is OP compared to VT in its current state. VT used to do a small amount of damage when dispelled and was changed to its current state. It never hit for anywhere what UA hit for (gg 2/3 of my HP gone and silenced for 5 seconds)
    lol. okay, then I claim your offensive and defensive dispels are OP compared to my offensive only dispel. again different classes behave differently. just because we both have shadow dots does not make us the same class
    (gg 2/3 of my HP gone and silenced for 5 seconds)
    quoted again for the "lolz"
    Last edited by Glnger; 2011-01-24 at 01:22 AM.

There's a lot of aff warlocks in the top 20 in 3's. No buffs needed. Sorry a four second silence isn't game breaking when everyone is 80%+ hp?

Lol, just look at Lock representation in arenas. Quit crying, and enjoy being balanced. Probably too good actually, atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    quoted again for the "lolz"
    You are obvioulsy a Wrath baby who knows nothing about how hard UA hit for when it was introduced in BC. The 2/3 of your HP gone and silenced for 5 seconds was common. As for the lock being the "origional dot class" sorry sweetheart but shadow priests in vanilla had must as many dots as warlocks did (and if you count the debuffs + dots shadow priests had double what a lock put up). My undead shadow priest had SWPain, Devouring Plague, Touch of Weakness (self buff that turned into a curse when hit), VE, and Shadow Weaving. Warlocks back then had immolate, a curse (exhaustion, weakness, tongues, shadows, or agony), and corruption (3 dots & sometimes 1 didn't do dmg).

Why don't you just to slip back into the shadows where all trolls belong or educate yourself before you reply next.

personally i think both the dispel protections for shadow priests and warlocks suck atm, the mana drain instead of the health one could be good, if all the classes were mana users or maybe make it drain mana out of who actually dispells it or again just buff their dispell damage A LOT since atm im critting 10k on targets with a bit of resi (LOL)

Sorry sweetheart but UA is the best dispell protection in the game.
    I'm gonna have to disagree. I find Unholy DK's to have the dispell protection in the game.

One Shadow Coil or whatever it is, and bam, 10 seconds of non-dispellable diseases, not to mention it also applies a small dot on the target aswell, and has no cooldown.

IMO they should make haunt apply this debuff, and keep UA as is. Voila problem solved.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furium View Post
    I'm gonna have to disagree. I find Unholy DK's to have the dispell protection in the game.

One Shadow Coil or whatever it is, and bam, 10 seconds of non-dispellable diseases, not to mention it also applies a small dot on the target aswell, and has no cooldown.
    That's not dispell protection but spell immunity which is a big difference. Protection means that is you dispell something to get the rest of the dots on you off then something bad happens to you (ie 5 second silence and about 10k dmg from UA that has nothing it shares DR with including itself or a 4 second horror from a shadow priest that has lots of stuff it shares DR with). The protection is there for not only your dots but anyone else's dots up on the person and is placed first on your target so the negative thing happens the first time they go to dispell since dispells take the first the placed on you off and then the next one if you can dispell more than 1 at a time. Immunity means you can't do anything about it. DKs can only have their diseases removed by 2 classes currently in game and that's a priest outside of shadow form (shadow form breaks when you abolish disease) and a paladin. Shaman and druids can not remove diseases and DKs were having a hard time vs a pally and priest. I still do not think that it was needed because even now I have no problem killing a DK with my priest and a lot of other priests out there are in the same boat.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2011-01-24 at 07:23 AM. Reason: clarified

That's not dispell protection but spell immunity which is a big difference. Protection means that is you dispell something to get the rest of the dots on you off then something bad happens to you (ie 5 second silence and about 10k dmg from UA that has nothing it shares DR with including itself or a 4 second horror from a shadow priest that has lots of stuff it shares DR with). The protection is there for not only your dots but anyone else's dots up on the person and is placed first on your target so the negative thing happens the first time they go to dispell since dispells take the first the placed on you off and then the next one if you can dispell more than 1 at a time. Immunity means you can't do anything about it. DKs can only have their diseases removed by 2 classes currently in game and that's a priest outside of shadow form (shadow form breaks when you abolish disease) and a paladin. Shaman and druids can not remove diseases and DKs were having a hard time vs a pally and priest. I still do not think that it was needed because even now I have no problem killing a DK with my priest and a lot of other priests out there are in the same boat.

...I tried to read this, but I couldn't understand half of it...

I'm quite clear on what protection and immunity is, in which one is an aspect of the other. Immunity is a type of protection.

But I hold my breathe until I see the state of pvp after this next patch, with shaman dispels getting toned down. It would be really great if blizzard just upped the mana cost of dispelling, since right now it seems like a no brainer to just spam cleanse a target and mitigate most damage from dot type classes.

15+ Year Old Account
    short version:

Dispell Immunity = can not be dispelled
    Dispell Protection = can be dispelled but something bad will happen when dispelled

Think of dispell immunity like a caster trying to dps a DK with his anti magic shield up or a non-priest & warrior trying to dps a pally with their bubble on...nothing's going to happen no matter how much you try. Think of dispell protection like you're a melee attacking a warrior who popped retaliation or a druid that has thorns on....you can do it but you'll get hurt if you do.